Anybody else really like Cindy Jr?

patrick95patrick95 Posts: 416
Forum Member
Over the past few weeks I've really come to rate the character of Cindy Jr and Mimi Keene's performance, particularly in the scene where Ian threw her out of the house.

I think she adds a unique dynamic to the Beale family in that she is still considered an outcast yet in the wake of the Lucy story line there is also so much potential for her relationship with Ian to develop. I also think she's especially important now that with Lucy gone, she's the closest thing to a female Beale we have.

Anyone else agree? :)

Comments

• HoffmisterHoffmister Posts: 12,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I felt sorry for her as she had to work with those chumps Liame and TJ

yeah she has potential
  • Sora2311Sora2311 Posts: 2,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What are you talking about? Cindy isn't the closest thing we have to a female Beale. Both Bianca and Tiffany are female Beales.
  • JigglyBallJigglyBall Posts: 1,484
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't really understand why she's there, but she's ok as a sort of observant background character. She does seem a bit of a Lucy 2.0 and I wouldn't be surprised if we see more of this now the original is gone.
  • mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,764
    Forum Member
    I like her. If Beale treats her like that once more, I'll be down to E20 with my hob nailed boots on.
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Glad Ian turfed her out. She gets room and board free.
  • big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    She's been a brat to Ian but I think she's an interesting character. She could be one to watch in the years ahead.
  • coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

What? She's 15.
  • J-BJ-B Posts: 18,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mimi Keene is a real talent, and she's shone in the brief parts she's had since Lucy died. She's an underdog, but underdogs can sometimes make the best characters :)
  • radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, another pointless pregnant teen. The last thing any show needs.
  • gentleguygentleguy Posts: 16,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    she will be a stunner when she gets older i really do wish she was a beale and had always been in the square.
  • gentleguygentleguy Posts: 16,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sora2311 wrote: »
    What are you talking about? Cindy isn't the closest thing we have to a female Beale. Both Bianca and Tiffany are female Beales.

thats true actually i always forget bianca by blood is a beale, evan her own father doesnt have the beale name.
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,223
    Forum Member
    I have liked her from the start, in fact I prefer her to Lucy. She is certainly making her mark with this plot.
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was glad when Ian kicked her out, I don't like her.
  • EEAS1997EEAS1997 Posts: 2,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I LOVE her. She's going to be a huge character once she's older, and once she's able to solely focus on her acting career (with education aside). 10 years down the line, she'll either be the next 'Stacey' type character or the next 'Janine'.
  • EveT1991EveT1991 Posts: 12,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

she is 15 what do you expect?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    priscilla wrote: »
    I was glad when Ian kicked her out, I don't like her.

Ian shouldn't of kicked a 15 year old pregnant girl out onto the streets imagine if she had an accident or went into labour. She never did anything wrong apart from smell her sister's coat
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    cooler wrote: »
    What? She's 15.
    And pregnant. Does she expect Ian to provide child care when the baby's born?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ian shouldn't of kicked a 15 year old pregnant girl out onto the streets imagine if she had an accident or went into labour. She never did anything wrong apart from smell her sister's coat

She's a thief, rude and goes on about noone loving her, another victim playing card character >:( Jane took her in, Ian wasn't thinking straight he should have sent her to Ginas ages ago.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's a thief, rude and goes on about noone loving her, another victim playing card character >:( Jane took her in, Ian wasn't thinking straight he should have sent her to Ginas ages ago.

But she is Peter and Lucy's sister why can't she spend time with her siblings?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But she is Peter and Lucy's sister why can't she spend time with her siblings?

She can... there is public transport she can use she doesn't need to live with them.
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    No. She's sly and she's a thief.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She can... there is public transport she can use she doesn't need to live with them.

But Steven came to live with Ian, Peter and Lucy for a few months. Would you have minded if Cindy back when she is a bit older and can pay Ian to live there? What ever we think of her she is Cindy Snrs remaining daughter.
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,223
    Forum Member
    SULLA wrote: »
    No. She's sly and she's a thief.

But there are reasons why she is sly and a thief, thats what makes her so interesting
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But Steven came to live with Ian, Peter and Lucy for a few months. Would you have minded if Cindy back when she is a bit older and can pay Ian to live there? What ever we think of her she is Cindy Snrs remaining daughter.

Steven grew up with them, Cindy just came out of the blue and lived with them, she blackmailed Peter, she stole and generally was a brat. She then plays the victim card so people feel sorry for her and forget what she has done.
    I still find her presence pointless and so far I haven't been 'wowed' by her acting, she's alright.
  • Kasper69Kasper69 Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Stephen has the Beale name Cindy doesn't . Whilst its correct shes Cindys Snr daughter that in no way means she should need to stay with Ian or that he would want her there given her mums history with him.

Saying that I don't mind the actual character.