Paul Akister

flowerladyflowerlady Posts: 1,638
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Does anyone know when the Manchester auditions are to be show? I cant wait to see Pauls Audition ;-) I am from his hometown and seen him a few times, he is absolutely Brilliant. My Winner :)

Comments

• MrfentyMrfenty Posts: 717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is he back? I totally forgot about him, he was fantastic, he has to make it through this year it was a travesty that he didn't go through last year over people like Sam Callaghan
  • paralaxparalax Posts: 12,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He isn't pretty enough, I hope he gets through to the live shows this year.
  • shraineshraine Posts: 2,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He took the last seat for judges houses of my friend Geoff Mull, Also its Geoff's best mate.
  • flowerladyflowerlady Posts: 1,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paul has lost loads of weight since last year, total transformation. He deserves to through to the live shows this year. Louis was an idiot last year, i hope Cheryl or Simon get the boys .:) He will be in for a good chance then
  • Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was part of my trio of robbed JH contestants last year, and probably was the one with the best shot of winning. I hope he gets through this time.
  • MilkitaMilkita Posts: 1,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I'm so excired to hear him too .. If closed room audition only got 4 episodes then I expect next week ?
  • xNATILLYxxNATILLYx Posts: 6,509
    Forum Member
    he was robbed last year , i really liked him
    hope he makes it this year
  • earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    deleted
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    flowerlady wrote: »
    Paul has lost loads of weight since last year, total transformation.

Isn't that what Lou-Lou suggested? See, it works!
  • flowerladyflowerlady Posts: 1,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is back!!! In top form, Absolutely nailed it. Love him. Such a soulfull voice he gave me goosebumps. My winner, whatever the outcome. :)
  • Nobby BurtonNobby Burton Posts: 1,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Overrated beyond belief
  • jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    is he going to be the male version of Melanie McCabe, a serial returner each year?
  • themightypierrethemightypierre Posts: 664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    His judging session was horribly edited to make Louis look like a fool. Just Simon attacking him, shots of him looking uncomfortable and no chance to even see what he had to say. Very nasty.
  • YaffiYukYaffiYuk Posts: 1,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His judging session was horribly edited to make Louis look like a fool. Just Simon attacking him, shots of him looking uncomfortable and no chance to even see what he had to say. Very nasty.

Agreed. Not a fan of Louis, but everything happens for a reason. He was great. Maybe he just needed that time out to improve. I hope this doesn't turn into another Alexandra Burke situation.
  • Tom_MullenTom_Mullen Posts: 893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I thought that was a bit stupid. Are we supposed to believe that the other judges had no idea who this guy was considering how far he got last year. Why was Simon telling Louis to apologise, he has no idea about the reasons behind his decision, which was related to Louis having issues with Paul's confidence to perform on the live shows not his voice.
  • dizziedizzie Posts: 4,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tom_Mullen wrote: »
    I thought that was a bit stupid. Are we supposed to believe that the other judges had no idea who this guy was considering how far he got last year. Why was Simon telling Louis to apologise, he has no idea about the reasons behind his decision, which was related to Louis having issues with Paul's confidence to perform on the live shows not his voice.
    Of course, when St Cheryl gets a returnee, she doesn't get berated for not putting them through. She gets to have a single tear moment instead! After all, Amy Connelly's reasons for not getting through to the lives were probably very similar to Paul's - neither of them have the stage presence or confidence to truly be a contender for this show, and the decisions made about them in the past were the right ones, no matter how well they can sing. But giving Cheryl a hard time is clearly not in her contract this year!! She's campaigning to get back her 'Nation's Sweetheart' crown, and that wouldn't be part of the narrative for that this season!
  • goonernataliegoonernatalie Posts: 4,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked him
    There have been nice singers on today's show
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Completely agree

Edit: Also don't like how Simon was trying to force Louis to apologize when he backed Cheryl's decision about Gamu- I thought hers was the bigger mistake, granted Gamu's not returned but Simon was defending Cheryl's choice as her own, he should at least be equally respectful of Louis' decision. Also, Simon told Paul he had 4 yes's so Louis must have said something nice which was cut
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,259
    Forum Member
    He looks great, And lost so much weight, he is my fave male singer, not cocky either.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 242
    Forum Member
    He's great, he's definitely come back even better. Really hope he gets onto the live shows this year, he was my favourite in the top 6 boys last year - better than all the rest, particularly Sam Callaghan who may have had the stage presence but really lacked the vocal ability

I think it was unfair for Simon to ask Paul to apologise. Simon didn't know who Paul was so clearly didn't watch him last year and know how good his ability was last year. Having said that, as soon as Paul walked in Louis just looked awkward and uncomfortable. I expected there to be a bit more of a friendly atmosphere between them, for them to be like 'hey Paul/hey Louis'. I know he might feel awkward about not putting Paul through, but when Carolynne Poole came back in 2012 (after in 2011 Louis didn't put her through to the live shows) he was all smiley with her. Just a bit odd
  • wise-upwise-up Posts: 2,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He has a good voice and should have been through but obviously Louis had his reasons. Perhaps he was too shy and not ready for the industry pressure or something. I felt he oversang it though. He did way too many runs. There was something that seemed different about his personality this time which I found off putting but I am not sure what. I will rewatch his auditions from last year and from this year before I make a proper judgement.
  • EighthoursEighthours Posts: 184
    Forum Member
    The reason Louis looked uncomfortable was because he knew he'd made a very stupid mistake last year. Putting Sam through instead of Paul. Ludicrous!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does this mean he will be in the Lives? The sequence reminded me of Alexandra Burke.
  • MilkitaMilkita Posts: 1,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Paul made it through to live show, it seems Louis made 2 mistakes already, one being Alexandra and another is Paul but I'm glad he sent both of them home, though because when they are back, they are more determined and committed, just look at how Paul lost his weight for the show, he totally looks great and is more confident now.
  • xNATILLYxxNATILLYx Posts: 6,509
    Forum Member
    Paul was great. Will be rooting for him again. He only missed out last year because of the teen vote Sam Callaghan would attract because it wasn't his voice. Though i do think having a year out he is more confident & though he was fine before he looks great since he lost some weight. A nice guy as well.
    If rumors are to be believed going by another thread Paul has made the judges houses again & is in the top 6 boys. I hope this is true.