Options

facebook: can people edit other`s posts?

annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
Forum Member
someone has written on my wall that my posts are open for anyone to edit, i have no idea what he`s talking about and i don`t want to ask him because he`s a ******. but is that even possible?

Comments

• Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    no, it's impossible. you can change your settings to restrict who can post on your timeline, but it's not possible for anyone else to edit your posts.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, the thing someone can do, is on their own facebook, say when your post pops up, 'I don't want to see this' they have to do that every time..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    yeah, that`s what i thought, i looked through my privacy settings too, see if they`ve [facebook] changed anything or if i`ve accidentally allowed something.

this is what he`s written:
    don't mean to point out like my Homepage. You have left me and whoever else to edit your posts. I would never do that maliciously but others might. Just thought I'd let you know.

no idea what he means, just got someone on there to see could they edit my posts and they can`t.

it`s entirely possible he`s trying to mess with my head.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Most likely. I'd be inclined to reply to his post and invite him to edit away. Watch what excuse he comes up with ..
  • Options
    dollymariedollymarie Posts: 3,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can edit your own posts, on your facebook and on others, plus delete any you don't like on your own facebook, but you can't edit or delete others posts on others walls.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    that`s what i thought dolly, but farcebook has a habit of changing things.
    Most likely. I'd be inclined to reply to his post and invite him to edit away. Watch what excuse he comes up with ..

i just ignore him jason, he`s no good.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i just ignore him jason, he`s no good.

can't you remove him from your friends list ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    can't you remove him from your friends list ?

i can but he`s a villager, so no point in removing him while i still live here plus his postings are car crash entertainment

[:blush:]
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i can but he`s a villager, so no point in removing him while i still live here plus his postings are car crash entertainment

[:blush:]

Ahh I see :)
  • Options
    Sunset DaleSunset Dale Posts: 1,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He can't even type properly and his grammar is appalling. You have some weirdos in your village Annette.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No one else can edit your posts, the only thing they can do is delete them if you have written on their wall or ina group they're admin of etc
  • Options
    Forum Member
    thanks all, i thought it was bollox but i just wanted to check.
    He can't even type properly and his grammar is appalling. You have some weirdos in your village Annette.

that`s the least of his problems :D, he`s a pure knob.
  • Options
    NormandieNormandie Posts: 4,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    this is what he`s written: .
    In the (admittedly unlikely!) event he Googles his own comments, this thread comes up. If you regularly call him a knob to his face, no problem :D but if you'd prefer to guarantee being a little more anonymous, you might want to ask the mods to edit your post. By identifying you via this thread, he has access to your posting history which you might not want.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Normandie wrote: »
    In the (admittedly unlikely!) event he Googles his own comments, this thread comes up. If you regularly call him a knob to his face, no problem :D but if you'd prefer to guarantee being a little more anonymous, you might want to ask the mods to edit your post. By identifying you via this thread, he has access to your posting history which you might not want.
    thank you :)

he`s under no illusions as to my opinion of him :D, i`ve told him what i think of him at length in no uncertain terms more than once and i`ve hidden the thread he posted on in case it WAS editable [because i havn`t a clue what he`s blathering about].
  • Options
    terry45terry45 Posts: 2,876
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My list of reasons not to use Facebook gets longer by the day.
  • Options
    cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    terry45 wrote: »
    My list of reasons not to use Facebook gets longer by the day.

But on this occasion it isn't true
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,924
    Forum Member
    yeah, that`s what i thought, i looked through my privacy settings too, see if they`ve [facebook] changed anything or if i`ve accidentally allowed something.

this is what he`s written:

no idea what he means, just got someone on there to see could they edit my posts and they can`t.

He is messing with your head. Just been on. All is good. xxx
  • Options
    Forum Member
    avasgranny wrote: »

ah thanks ava`s, appreciate that. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member

i thought he`d just moused over the wrong bit and got confused but he`s launched another attack rolleyes so he probably is.

he threatened me with the malicious communications act :D:D:D:D:D:D, under which he`s currently being prosecuted for other stuff he`s posted on facebook, you couldn`t make it up.

i told him that i`d been to the police months ago and had a crime number and all the screenshots and that i was collecting them now too, AND HE`S STILL CONTINUING. :confused::confused::confused:

I`M FEELING A BIT STRONGER ABOUT IT THAN I WAS BEFORE.

scuzzi caps, got carried away.
  • Options
    abigail1234abigail1234 Posts: 1,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can change the setting so you so FB will ask your permission for his posts to appear on your timeline (I do that with my crazy family!) and also customise your lists so he doesn't see what you have written and is therefore unable to post on them.

Personally, I would be putting him on my Restricted list so he can't see anything I post or better - delete him as a friend. Who needs nutters like him?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You can change the setting so you so FB will ask your permission for his posts to appear on your timeline (I do that with my crazy family!) and also customise your lists so he doesn't see what you have written and is therefore unable to post on them.

Personally, I would be putting him on my Restricted list so he can't see anything I post or better - delete him as a friend. Who needs nutters like him?

he`s been totally humiliated now :D.

there`s no point in deleting him because we have mutual friends on and off farcebook, he is restricted though. i`m sure he`ll be deleting me soon.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,924
    Forum Member
    Quite entertaining though. :o:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Quite entertaining though. :o:D

innit.

thank you for your support lorrene, he clearly thought i had none before because i barred my family from jumping in but my son and his girl couldn`t leave it any longer and i should have let them in before because with them, you and another friend taking the piss the whole thing has sent him into a massive rage by the looks. sad ****.
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    someone has written on my wall that my posts are open for anyone to edit, i have no idea what he`s talking about and i don`t want to ask him because he`s a ******. but is that even possible?

No - only you can edit your own posts. The author of any update you post in can delete your posts in that thread, but that's it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    blueblade wrote: »
    No - only you can edit your own posts. The author of any update you post in can delete your posts in that thread, but that's it.

thank you blue :)