Options

Dancing with the Stars 5 - UKTV Gold pace

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,735
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi everyone,

It is the first time I have started a thread so I hope I'm doing it right! :)

I always use to visit the DWTS thread but then kind of stayed away (which made me :() as I was afraid of spoilers as some people who don't have UKTV Gold watch it on the net and therefore know who gets eliminated on the Tuesday.

Therefore I thought maybe it would be nice to have a thread for people who are only watching it on UKTV Gold and want to discuss it without the risk of stumbling across spoilers (or if you're like me, being totally unable to resist them!:D)

xx

Comments

• Options
    Olls~Olls~ Posts: 3,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hiya stfrench. Good idea!

I'm the same as you tho i can't resist and i always end up looking at the spoilers :D
  • Options
    cmrxxcmrxx Posts: 7,048
    Forum Member
    oo thanks for this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cmrxx wrote: »
    oo thanks for this.

You're very welcome :)

I can't wait for Friday. I'm very excited about Mel and Maks doing the tango. I hope it is as feisty and dramatic as their Paso.
    But I'm also looking forward to Jenny and Derek (not sure what they are dancing this week) because their Rumba really wowed me last week.

xx
  • Options
    La RhumbaLa Rhumba Posts: 11,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just read on the Broadcasting Forum that UKTV Gold will close at the end of the year.

So this may mean that if further series of DWTS are broadcast on UK TV, it'll hopefully be terrestrial or Freeview.
  • Options
    grittygritty Posts: 3,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi

Just watching DWTS Results Show. Did anyone else notice the woman behind Tom Bergeron when he was on the balcony after Gloria Estafan's first number? A bright green latin dress number.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi gritty, just checked the youtube clip here at 3.40 and didn't recognize who it was? She looked fairly middle aged, in the green tassely dress.
  • Options
    SallyforthSallyforth Posts: 7,404
    Forum Member
    Got to say I am disappointed with tonight's elimination (won't say who yet just in case)...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Sallyforth, I think we're ok to discuss the elimination freely now as it's been shown already. What does everyone think?

I'm disappointed too. I like Marie, she has great energy and great presence, she can put on a performance but I think tonight her dances were very weak and she should have been the one eliminated.

But Mel and Maks survice to dance another week!! HUZZAH!!!:D
  • Options
    jacquiannjacquiann Posts: 2,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I wonder which channel will get DWTS next year then?
    I hope one of them takes it up, as it makes my Friday night at the mo.
    Yes I've looked at the threads in the past to find out who got eliminated & it spoiled things for me, so I stear clear now. This is great I can avoid the spoiler thread like I do on the SCD forums on Sat night/Sun morn & still be able to browse or have a goss'. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It does make my Friday night too.
    I'm as excited by DWTS as I am with SCD. :D

I really enjoyed the show tonight.
    I loved, loved, loved Helio and Julianne's Quickstep: so much fun and I loved when she did that under-arm pass with a little jump at the same time!!

I also loved Mel and Maks' Tango and Mambo. But it looked like there was a little bit of a fumble at some point in their Mambo. Did anyone else notice or did I get that wrong?

All the other dances left me absolutely cold. I usually really like Derek and Jennie (and I'm a fan of Derek's choreography) but I was disappointed tonight.

Also I have to say that I really did not like this show ance from the VMA winning choreographer that choreographed the Oscars, etc... (sorry but I can't remember her name!:o)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fatima Someone, I didn't like it either, not a patch on the creativity of Wade Robson. :yawn:

Jacquiann - last week for the first time I avoided all the SCD spoilers, and enjoyed it so much more. I shall do the same till the end of the series, and if I had UK Gold, would defo do the same. :)

Hopefully, the next series will be on BBC3 or another Freeview channel with easy access rather than a subscription channel.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,856
    Forum Member
    stfrench wrote: »
    Hi Sallyforth, I think we're ok to discuss the elimination freely now as it's been shown already. What does everyone think?

I'm disappointed too. I like Marie, she has great energy and great presence, she can put on a performance but I think tonight her dances were very weak and she should have been the one eliminated.

So happy :D
  • Options
    jacquiannjacquiann Posts: 2,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stfrench wrote: »

Well it was a bit awkward for me cos I am a big fan of Marie from "back in the day" (I just watched their life story on one of the sky channels yest & it was quite sad really - although nice at the end cos they all made up & went on tour). However I do think she was the weakest dancer last night -Mon really. I think it would have been a big blow to her to have been voted out after her bereavement & watching Donny cry made me so emotional :o.
    Personally I think it should be Mel & Helio in the dance-off at the end; in the final so I'm not that bothered what order the others go in now. The other three are/were just not on the same playing field dance-wise as those two imo but for me they did/do have other oomph factors to offer;
    Marie is just such a fantasic performer & her smile lets her get away with sooo much for me ;).
    Cam had the "journey" & also his physical beauty (especially paired with Edyta) was lovely to watch.
    Jennie another improver with so much grace & vulnerability.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awwww, I was really rooting for Mel and Maks and wanted them to win so I'm disappointed for them :(
    But Helio and Julianne are worthy winners, they did amazingly well, especially considering that Helio had zero dance experience :)

I'm sad DWTS is finished, I've really enjoyed this series. I already can't wait for the next one!!

xx