Options

Apple 12 days of Christmas freebies

Comments

• Options
    asyousayasyousay Posts: 38,838
    Forum Member
    It would of been better if they had not been remixed . Moves like is jagger is a great tune but I don't want a club remix .
  • Options
    stephen122333stephen122333 Posts: 912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not a fan of Maroon5, but do like this track.

Going by past years fingers crossed for a tv show tomorrow, what show would you love to see?

I would enjoy an old mrs browns boys.

What gifts do they get in other countries?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It was not a tv show show . Just another crap freebie
  • Options
    psionicpsionic Posts: 20,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 228
    Forum Member
    Score classic goals. Looks really good, had a few god at it and is very addictive
  • Options
    Hugh_Hugh_ Posts: 951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Score is great fun, I'm really enjoying it an remember folks its FREE if you don't enjoy it delete it and wait for tomorrow.....
  • Options
    pHopHo Posts: 595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Score was also free when I grabbed it a few days ago! I'm guessing there's a bit of miscommunication between them and Apple on that one.

http://appshopper.com/games/score-classic-goals

(Shows price changes, went from 69p to Free back on the 21st and has stayed there since).

Definitely worth picking up, it's quite a fun little game.
  • Options
    The Alpha GamerThe Alpha Gamer Posts: 3,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pHo wrote: »
    Score was also free when I grabbed it a few days ago! I'm guessing there's a bit of miscommunication between them and Apple on that one.

http://appshopper.com/games/score-classic-goals

(Shows price changes, went from 69p to Free back on the 21st and has stayed there since).

Definitely worth picking up, it's quite a fun little game.

The app store closes for developers over christmas and they can't submit new apps or updates or (I'm assuming)prices. So they'd have had to have changed the price before the deadline.
  • Options
    NerdyMageeNerdyMagee Posts: 127
    Forum Member
    Finally, something good! Sherlock: A Study in Pink. Already got it on DVD but it's nice to have anyway.

Only trouble is, the HD episode won't download for me, but the SD works fine.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iTunes links:

Day 3: Sherlock - A Study in Pink - BBC TV Episode (Series 1 pilot) 1hr 28mins

HD (1080p) 3.38GB https://itunes.apple.com/gb/tv-season/a-study-in-pink/id383318009?i=384297309

SD 939MB https://itunes.apple.com/gb/tv-season/a-study-in-pink/id383318009?i=384297309

Interestingly, you don't have to wait for it to all download to watch it (as was the case in the past) on the new version of iTunes. It buffers a few seconds then can be streamed straight away, while it downloads in the background.
  • Options
    Mark SmithMark Smith Posts: 2,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NerdyMagee wrote: »
    Finally, something good! Sherlock: A Study in Pink. Already got it on DVD but it's nice to have anyway.

Only trouble is, the HD episode won't download for me, but the SD works fine.

I wasn't able to download it from the iPad (the button just kept doing nothing except briefly changing from Free in HD to FREE). I tried again from my Apple TV and it still shows up as free so I 'bought' it from there so can now download it to any Apple device or iTunes or just stream it for free through iCloud.
  • Options
    The Lord LucanThe Lord Lucan Posts: 5,054
    Forum Member
    Having issues with today's saying its £7.98 to download...
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    £7.98 is the price of the whole series. You need to select the individual episode.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I honestly do not get all the rubbish so far.

Apple have enough money to let everybody download a free gift each day of our own choosing . Instead of giving away crap that must do not want.
  • Options
    BKMBKM Posts: 6,912
    Forum Member
    Mark Smith wrote: »
    I wasn't able to download it from the iPad (the button just kept doing nothing except briefly changing from Free in HD to FREE). I tried again from my Apple TV and it still shows up as free so I 'bought' it from there so can now download it to any Apple device or iTunes or just stream it for free through iCloud.
    The HD version downloaded just fine to my iPad! It just took some time!
  • Options
    Wynne EvansWynne Evans Posts: 1,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    psionic wrote: »
    To complete the list this is what was given away last year:
    Day 1: Coldplay - iTunes Music Festival
    Day 2: TV Episodes : Top Gear (Middle East Special) & The Trip (Hipping Hall)
    Day 3: Lady Gaga - Marry the Night - Single + Video
    Day 4: The Redbreast by Jo Nesbø - Novel
    Day 5: Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing - Game
    Day 6: David Guetta - Nothing but the beat (Party Mix) EP and extra video.
    Day 7: Snapseed App - photo editing/filters etc.
    Day 8 - One Direction - Gotta Be You - Single (plus video)
    Day 9 - TV Episodes (Episode 1 Pilots): House & 30 Rock
    Day 10: Shift 2 Unleashed - Racing Game
    Day 11: Lonely Planet Best In Travel 2012 - Book
    Day 12: Foo Fighters EP, includes Arlandria (Live), Everlong (Live) and Walk.

If anyone is interested in astronomy, there is an amazing iBook called 'Hubble Space Telescope Discoveries' released a couple of days ago. Worth a look if you've got an iDevice. Fairly large download though as it contains lots of high res pics and quite a bit of video. It's a great example of the interactive content iBooks can handle. https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/hubble-space-telescope-discoveries/id588428410?mt=11&affId=1503186

Impossible to predict what's coming this year. But presumably any TV/Movies they offer us will optionally be available as 1080p as this what Apple TV now supports, and more 'retina' display computers. Also they have more screen sizes and resolutions to deal with on iDevices. Thankfully many of the popular apps have been updated to cater for the taller iPhone 5 screen and don't display at iPhone 4 resolution with added black bars.

Many thanks, very impressive iBook :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It's a free iBook today " Rachel's holiday '
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Day 4 - Rachel's Holiday - Marian Keyes

Rachel's Holiday is the story of Rachel Walsh, the wildest of Marian Keyes's Walsh sisters - the siblings that have featured in Keyes's international bestselling novels Angels, Watermelon, Anybody Out There and now The Mystery of Mercy Close.

'How did it end up like this? Twenty-seven, unemployed, mistaken for a drug addict, in a treatment centre in the back arse of nowhere with an empty Valium bottle in my knickers . . .'

Meet Rachel Walsh. She has a pair of size 8 feet and such a fondness for recreational drugs that her family has forked out the cash for a spell in Cloisters - Dublin's answer to the Betty Ford Clinic. She's only agreed to her incarceration because she's heard that rehab is wall-to-wall jacuzzis, gymnasiums and rock stars going tepid turkey - and it's about time she had a holiday.

But what Rachel doesn't count on are the toe-curling embarrassments heaped on her by family and group therapy, the dearth of sex, drugs and rock'n'roll - and missing Luke, her ex. What kind of a new start in life is this?

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/book/rachels-holiday/id374246408?mt=11
  • Options
    grumpyoldbatgrumpyoldbat Posts: 3,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    asyousay wrote: »
    I honestly do not get all the rubbish so far.

Apple have enough money to let everybody download a free gift each day of our own choosing . Instead of giving away crap that must do not want.

Apple don't own these products to "give away" randomly. They have to get agreement from the copyright holder - TV/film companies, book publishers, record labels etc. It has to be planned and have legal agreements in place to allow the giveaway. Apple can't just give away others property on your whim. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like today's freebie.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Day 5: Ed Sheeran

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/itunes-festival-2012-holiday/id583263508

1 Drunk (Live)
    2 Small Bump (Live)
    3 The City (Live)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    hpmannhpmann Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    Nice game but it was free on the 29th of December...:D

http://appshopper.com/games/sonic-jump
  • Options
    Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pleased as I almost bought it in the sale on google play last week.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 228
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't say today's freebie is a good game. It's been free a few days. And the actual game is rubbish. They are taking the piss with all this sonic stuff.