Options

Mad Max

DavonatorDavonator Posts: 4,410
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Anyone getting/got this? Reviews have been mixed but generally positive. I can't believe they decided to release it the same day as MGSV.

Comments

• Options
    Aye UpAye Up Posts: 7,053
    Forum Member
    Davonator wrote: »
    Anyone getting/got this? Reviews have been mixed but generally positive. I can't believe they decided to release it the same day as MGSV.

It was supposed to have a July release.....

That said I got both today and now toying which one to start, it looks to be the kind of game I would enjoy....also got BF Hardline today and oh god is that bloody game loud!

This game looks to be the same.....thank god I don't have surround sound :blush:
  • Options
    frightleverfrightlever Posts: 1,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Picked it up for cheap on PC and played about six hours of it. Really enjoying it. Some of the reviews have completely baffled me. There are some annoyances, like repetition when you're in a balloon or filling your canteen, if they sped those bits up, a lot, it'd be a better game, but really when that's all you have to pick on it's not bad going.
  • Options
    Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Being playing it all evening and had a ball. Brilliant game.

Some game reviewers just 'don't get it' that's all I can say to some of the more harsh reviews.

Its easily a 7.5
  • Options
    gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the Ripper edition at Game is £55..

an appropriate title, what idiot dreamed that price up when TPP is £44...

i was expecting £39.99 as its only £37 on Amazon.
  • Options
    Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This unexpectedly dropped through my letterbox Sunday morning.
    Installed it but had to go out for 5-a-side and then some drinking and tele-football.
    No chance to play Monday either. Family descended on me in the afternoon and then more drinking later on.
    Last night was straight to bed after 4 days on the beer and 11 hours at work.
    Will have a go tonight I think.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    51G off 8 achievements !!! WTF :D:D

game is mint tho
  • Options
    Vast_GirthVast_Girth Posts: 9,793
    Forum Member
    Tempted to go for it as its only £12 for PC. Reviews have put me off a bit though....
  • Options
    Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    51G off 8 achievements !!! WTF :D:D

game is mint tho

Oh is it one of those that gives you odd numbers for achievements? Glad I got the PS4 version then haha :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vast_Girth wrote: »
    Tempted to go for it as its only £12 for PC. Reviews have put me off a bit though....

Don't worry about the poor reviews, they probably just don't like oz's :D

My only issues with the game is Chumbucket is under used imo and not able to use the sniper rifle outside the opus, very strange that one :confused:

oh the slow start/tutorial might make you think meh ;-)
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vast_Girth wrote: »

£12 where? Ah may be GMG they seem to have a 40% offer going.
  • Options
    reglipreglip Posts: 5,268
    Forum Member

I bought it for £12.99 on cdkeys

Ive played it for 12 hours and enjoyed it, runs very well too. I would estimate im about a 3rd of the way through the game there is lots to do.
  • Options
    Vast_GirthVast_Girth Posts: 9,793
    Forum Member

http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/mad-max-pc
  • Options
    Aye UpAye Up Posts: 7,053
    Forum Member
    Started playing this game as MGS was pissing me off......suffice to say I like it so far, some parts a bit repetitive, especially thumb strain from the fights. Its a grower, are they releasing DLC for this?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't think there is any DLC announced, in the pipeline or otherwise
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    24 hours in, 29% complete :o and still a blast !
  • Options
    DavonatorDavonator Posts: 4,410
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I downloaded it on PC, at £13 I thought it was worth a punt especially as I like the movies.

Only played an hour but I see the fist fighting game mechanics are taken from the Batman Arkham series (another WB franchise)
  • Options
    deadmancarldeadmancarl Posts: 2,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Davonator wrote: »
    I downloaded it on PC, at £13 I thought it was worth a punt especially as I like the movies.

Only played an hour but I see the fist fighting game mechanics are taken from the Batman Arkham series (another WB franchise)

I decided to take a punt at that price as well. Might give it a go tonight.
  • Options
    snafu65snafu65 Posts: 18,213
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've heard good things about Mad Max from people who're playing it, so I'm tempted to pick up a copy next week.
  • Options
    JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Took me a while to get into it, but loving it now. Easy to get sidetracked though, I keep wondering off instead of doing the missions.
  • Options
    frightleverfrightlever Posts: 1,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm at 100+ hours and probably about 75% through the story, but I'm being really thorough.