Texting to America at standard rate & them txting back??? HOW??

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 767
Forum Member
✭✭
My friend lives in american and hardly goes on the internet as much as I do and used to text him all the time in england but he lives there now. He has unlimted texts on AT&T and I have unlimited texts on Orange.
But it costs more to send as its going to a different country.

I was wondering weather theres anything that I can do to text to him at standard rate so I can use my unlimited texts to text him and he can text me?

There are things like Facebook texts where if he sends me a message via text via facebook, I will get it on my phone and I can reply and he will get it on his phone but it never sends the full message and tells me I have to go online to read the restso that ones out the window.

Is there anything else I can do to text him and use my unlimited texts?

Thanks.

Comments

• carguy143carguy143 Posts: 2,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    double post
  • carguy143carguy143 Posts: 2,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My friend lives in american and hardly goes on the internet as much as I do and used to text him all the time in england but he lives there now. He has unlimted texts on AT&T and I have unlimited texts on Orange.
    But it costs more to send as its going to a different country.

I was wondering weather theres anything that I can do to text to him at standard rate so I can use my unlimited texts to text him and he can text me?

There are things like Facebook texts where if he sends me a message via text via facebook, I will get it on my phone and I can reply and he will get it on his phone but it never sends the full message and tells me I have to go online to read the restso that ones out the window.

Is there anything else I can do to text him and use my unlimited texts?

Thanks.

Orange have an international call bundle which reduces the call cos from 30p to 12p to call the US but it doesn't mention anything about text i'm afraid.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    skype mobile
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 102
    Forum Member
    Hi there!

You could sign up to http://18185.co.uk/index2.php

You can send texts to USA for 6p.

Brooke Bond
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks, but I don't have a good phone and niether does he. I don't want to pay anything more, and just want to use my unlimited texts.

Isn't there anything online I can send a message and he can get text alerts on his phone showing the message? and then reply to?

Just like facebook text alerts, but the only problem with that is that I keep having to 'Press N for next' to see the rest of the message which is annoying.
  • Brush MasterBrush Master Posts: 1,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Twitter?
  • acoolwelshblokeacoolwelshbloke Posts: 3,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Use giffgaff, calls to america mobiles are 8p per min and texts are the same.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Twitter?
    I don't want to have to change my sim card as i'm happy with what i'm on. And Twitter only lets you do 140 characters doesn't it?