Options

Little Mix Discussion Thread - singles & upcoming debut album (Part 6)

Comments

• Options
    casualviewercasualviewer Posts: 31,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^Good work! But I hope they bought the Deluxe edition.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey, yeah, how ya doin, is really 90's, not the song- the video, but I still think change your life is the best song that they've released. Can't believe they're not gonna release madhouse or case closed or pretend its okay, and instead released wings?? That song- wings grates on me so much
  • Options
    RayforeverRayforever Posts: 9,846
    Forum Member
    A blog from the lady who worked with little mix on their nail range
    http://www.10blankcanvases.com/
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chem wrote: »
    I was looking at a DS thread about The Sats and how they own the name and can never be dropped ...... The Sats did good here
    I wonder if LM have the rights to Little Mix name or is it signed down to Syco/Sony
    Edit: If they have no rights to that name tie it down ASAP so that they can get the dollar :D
    It be interesting to see if they have or not

Quoting on myself, I just found it interesting
    http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1618450
  • Options
    aldualdu Posts: 2,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^Good work! But I hope they bought the Deluxe edition.

Yes :D
  • Options
    PJ RiverPJ River Posts: 1,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    graciemay6 wrote: »
    Hey, yeah, how ya doin, is really 90's, not the song- the video, but I still think change your life is the best song that they've released. Can't believe they're not gonna release madhouse or case closed or pretend its okay, and instead released wings?? That song- wings grates on me so much

HYD the song is also very 90's : mid tempo with a drum machine, the attitude in the lyrics and the phrasing a la Destiny's Child.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 312
    Forum Member
    Live Pop Bars US

#87 Little Mix Wings
    #1418 The Saturdays What About Us (re entry after at least a month out of the 1500)

LM had radio and no tv appearances. The Satz had a cable show, a few high profile tv appearances and no radio. And they spent more physical time in the US overall. So does this show how radio is so important in the US market?
    Told you guys. :D Simple mantra to remember:

More radio = more sales. That's actually quite shocking for The Saturdays. They've had way more promo than LM and they're still struggling. When was their single released to radio??? :eek:

Anyway, Columbia has done a good job. Ariana Grande and Florida-Georgia Lane will overtake LM soon so I predict that they may end up at 29 again for the next chart update. Hopefully then it will start climbing again since there are no significant threats barring the new Calvin Harris single.

Things are looking up for now. Honestly, with some tv appearances to boost their profile, and garner interest outside the fanbase that they girls already have, I could see Wings outperforming expectations, and putting the girls in a good position when the album drops. ;) :cool:
  • Options
    RayforeverRayforever Posts: 9,846
    Forum Member
    @AustraliaCharts

ARIA Singles Chart: Feel This Moment, @Pitbull ft. @xtina #7 | Change Your Life, @LittleMixOffic #8 (new peak)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 234
    Forum Member
    DwMhB123 wrote: »
    Told you guys. :D Simple mantra to remember:

More radio = more sales. That's actually quite shocking for The Saturdays. They've had way more promo than LM and they're still struggling. When was their single released to radio??? :eek:

Anyway, Columbia has done a good job. Ariana Grande and Florida-Georgia Lane will overtake LM soon so I predict that they may end up at 29 again for the next chart update. Hopefully then it will start climbing again since there are no significant threats barring the new Calvin Harris single.

Things are looking up for now. Honestly, with some tv appearances to boost their profile, and garner interest outside the fanbase that they girls already have, I could see Wings outperforming expectations, and putting the girls in a good position when the album drops. ;) :cool:

Selena Gomez
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wings on iTunes during US radio tour (midnight Eastern time)
    Mar. 16 #152
    Mar. 17 #154
    Mar. 18 #157
    Mar. 19 #154
    Mar. 20 #146 (4 AM)
    Mar. 21 #138
    Mar. 22 #140 (3 AM)
    Mar. 23 #130
    Mar. 24 #124
    Mar. 25 #123
    Mar. 26 #147
    Mar. 27 #137
    Mar. 28 #120
    Mar. 29 #122
    Mar. 30 #118
    Mar. 31 #106; DNA #79
    April 1 #111 (2 AM)
    April 2 #108
    April 3 #104
    April 4 #97

**post radio tour**
    April 5 #93
    April 6 #84
    April 7 #97
    April 8 #98
    April 9 #101
    April 10 #100
    April 11 #98
    April 12 #91

Yay its climbing again. It might be because the country songs are falling finally.

Can someone keep a tally the next 4 nights as I wont be online?

So I decided to help and keep tally while CV is away. So Wings on iTunes (midnight Eastern time)

April 13 #82

So it's climbing up.
  • Options
    LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    Chem wrote: »
    So I decided to help and keep tally while CV is away. So Wings on iTunes (midnight Eastern time)

April 13 #82

So it's climbing up.

That's the highest so far! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 312
    Forum Member
    SKnight826 wrote: »
    Selena Gomez
    That song has such a large bullet, that it'll pass through very quickly. I did mean to edit my post but I was too lazy :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yeah, tbh, have kinda gone abit of little mix. not sure what it is but something about them really grates on me x
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rayforever wrote: »
    @AustraliaCharts

ARIA Singles Chart: Feel This Moment, @Pitbull ft. @xtina #7 | Change Your Life, @LittleMixOffic #8 (new peak)

Wow another top ten in Australia. All they had to do was put the song in an advert.....I don't understand why management has not tried and plugged any LM songs in adverts..... Look at Ellie Goulding with Your Song & Explosions.
    That's the highest so far! :D
    Yes I hope that it stay in the Top 90-80 for a while.
    yeah, tbh, have kinda gone abit of little mix. not sure what it is but something about them really grates on me x

Well they can't please everyone............hope you get back to them haha..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    "@anica51_: @LittleMixOffic heard 'Wings' on 102.7 Kiis FM this morning and I totally fangirled. I'm so proud that we're bringing Little Mix to the US!"

This happened 19 hours ago. Maybe it's why LM shot up into the 80's? Agh Kiis need to playlist Wings.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 234
    Forum Member
    DwMhB123 wrote: »
    That song has such a large bullet, that it'll pass through very quickly. I did mean to edit my post but I was too lazy :p

Lolz I can relate. I think wings will be stuck in the 27-30 range for a while at the rate it's increasing compared to other songs. Hopefully as more songs go recurrent it'll rise and HOPEFULLY it won't stall.
  • Options
    OMGItsAnnieOMGItsAnnie Posts: 2,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^How did you get them to see the light (or, hear the music in this case)?

Not surprisingly on the US Mixers Magnet contest LA and NYC are neck and neck. What surprises me is that Miami is in third and not that far behind. They should not ignore the Miami area on their next US visit. I think they should even go to Nashville. Its a big music center.

Isn't that like country?
  • Options
    19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At 6PM go to the Radio 1 website as they will be going behind the scenes of the How Ya Doin' Video Shoot! :D Looking forward to that!

So thats why Jameela was at the shoot! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't that like country?

No it's in the Tennessee State in America
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lol.. no offence to them tho, I don't have anything against them, its just I have something against the fact that it seems against the law to say a bad word about them, yet its seems to be alright to say horrid stuff to people like cher and Jessie j, that's all ;) x
  • Options
    shaunnashinesshaunnashines Posts: 5,698
    Forum Member
    lol.. no offence to them tho, I don't have anything against them, its just I have something against the fact that it seems against the law to say a bad word about them, yet its seems to be alright to say horrid stuff to people like cher and Jessie j, that's all ;) x

They do get a lot of criticism. Have you not seen the comments section on the Daily Mail/The Sun articles? Then there's 1d fans who think they're relevant cos of Zayn, also fans of The Sats/5th Harmony who bitch about them. Mostly cos of their image or how their music is 'dated'.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Really? I don't think that's true. Even everyone on this thread occasionally criticises LM.
  • Options
    PJ RiverPJ River Posts: 1,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brad is absolutely right. We criticize them a lot. It's just because we love them and we want them to be the best.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oh sorry, I didn't realise lol :);), apologies if I sounded harsh x
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So LM just missed the top 10 in the Teen Nick Countdown. People have to vote in order for it to be there next week........
    So I'm guessing this is having a factor on the sales.
    LITTLE MIX JUST MISSED HAVING WINGS ON TEEN NICK TOP 10 OKAY EVERYONE NEEDS TO VOTE FOR WINGS SO IT CAN BE ON THE COUNTDOWN NEXT WEEK
This discussion has been closed.