Little Mix Discussion Thread (Part 9)

Comments

• EpicEastendersEpicEastenders Posts: 1,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't wait to see them with some fierce outfits on hopefully. Speaking of the tour - I'm not sure if this has been posted - but the girls shared a picture of them on shoot for the tour screens (bottom left): http://37.media.tumblr.com/e5bc8301f0c571c21f3e1eee5e73681b/tumblr_n4y3skhi9Q1qhv7abo1_1280.jpg
  • casualviewercasualviewer Posts: 31,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    double post
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Capital FM @CapitalOfficial · 2h
    Evening!! This is @ChristianW and I have @LittleMix and that HUGE tune 'Salute' to play soon!! Don't miss it!!

Did they play it? (At 10:24 PM on a Sunday night. Gotta start somewhere I guess).

http://comparemyradio.com/tracks/Little_Mix/Salute

Up to 557 now.
  • DreCDreC Posts: 2,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I heard it around 7:30pm, just randomly listening to the radio while waiting for the pizza man lol.
    They played the first verse and chorus then went straight to the bridge, that's a true radio edit. It sounded really good though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mmmm pizza.

Much better timeslot. I hate when radio stations say they're playlisting a song and it actually comes on at 2 AM.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Troyboi uploaded his Salute remix officially to his Soundcloud.
    https://soundcloud.com/troyboi/little-mix-salute-troyboi

Too much crap for my taste, and why slow it down. I dont think charlottesweb will be rushing to buy this one.
  • siriusrosesiriusrose Posts: 1,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    avon942 wrote: »
    Little Mix's wardrobe for Salute Tour! pic.twitter.com/tDILYbtFHD

Sorry if posted already!
    I hope they wear more than just black / white and a tiny bit of red! The clothes just look like Move & Salute clothes. I hope there's something fresh and exciting on there. I want to be wowed with what they wear for once, like I am at 99% of other concerts.
  • ShaynaJayShaynaJay Posts: 1,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Troyboi uploaded his Salute remix officially to his Soundcloud.
    https://soundcloud.com/troyboi/little-mix-salute-troyboi

i'm surprised he put it up on his soundcloud because it's been up on a bloggers page for a little over a week now (who apparently had rights to exclusively play it). Also never knew he was the type to twitter search himself and favourite/retweet compliments i was surprised to see him all in my mentions retweeting tweets that mentioned him (and this track) especially since i didn't @reply him
  • SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yay for Part 9! :D

One more and we'll hit a milestone.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sales

70 Beyonce [Pretty Hurts] 2,953
    74 Little Mix Salute
    95 The Common Linnets 1,932

58 Santana 1,469
    64 Little Mix Salute
    71 Sarah McLachlan 1,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you notice Lily Allen got a number 1 album with around the same amount of sales Salute had.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just went back to last year and it was
    1 Caro Emerald 34,246

so we cant tut tut I suppose on the albums. But look at what #75 single last year sold in comparison.

75 Dusty Springfield 3,467

I'm kind of dreading to see LM sales this Q4 even though their boat will be on the same tide as everyone else. Gotta get those touring plans in Europe worked out, I guess.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    67. Little Mix - Salute

The Eurovision songs are working out of the iTunes chart now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm too excited to see their tour! I hope they record one of the dates, you would expect them too but whether that happens is another thing. I'm a bit worried I'm going to be disappointed though. >.<
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some updated figures from Vidcapper on BuzzJack:

CANNONBALL
    Ireland 10,000+
    United Kingdom 475,000+

DNA (ALBUM)
    Australia 35,000+
    Canada 10,305+
    Ireland 7,500+
    Japan 39,275+
    New Zealand 7,500+
    United Kingdom 344,969+
    United States 121,000+

WINGS
    Australia 210,000+
    Canada 40,000+
    Japan 39,000+
    New Zealand 7,500+
    United Kingdom 476,000+
    United States 500,000+

DNA
    Australia 35,000+
    United Kingdom 250,000+
    United States 35,618+

CHANGE YOUR LIFE
    Australia 140,000+
    New Zealand 7,500+
    South Korea 14,586+
    United Kingdom 137,000+

HOW YA DOIN’?
    Australia 35,000+
    United Kingdom 120,400+

SALUTE (ALBUM)
    Australia 5,640+
    Canada 5,697
    Japan 9,695+
    United Kingdom 235,447 (updated)
    United States 80,000+

MOVE
    Australia 35,000+
    United Kingdom 363,832 (updated)

LITTLE ME
    United Kingdom 133,750+

WORD UP!
    United Kingdom 69,690 (updated)

THESE FOUR WALLS
    United Kingdom 6,739+ (updated)
    TOTAL = 4,041,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some updated figures from Vidcapper on BuzzJack:
    WORD UP!
    United Kingdom 69,690 (updated)
    TOTAL = 4,041,696

Poor Word Up! :(
    Great total sales though, I hope Move can get to 400k by the time 2014 leaves us, but it's a big ask atm. It's a shame album sales are so bad and reflecting on both albums (but especially Salute) in a negative way.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    siriusrose wrote: »
    Poor Word Up! :(
    Great total sales though, I hope Move can get to 400k by the time 2014 leaves us, but it's a big ask atm. It's a shame album sales are so bad and reflecting on both albums (but especially Salute) in a negative way.

I hope it will do as well! It needs a week at 59p to get some extra sales.

To be honest, I think this album has done very well in this climate but also if you think about it, 'Move' has more or less carried it. 'Little Me' was only used during the Christmas period and I think a lot of us don't see it as a real single and then of course 'Word Up!' was for Sports Relief and isn't on the album.

On another note, would anyone like to see 'Salute' be re-released later this year? Add a Disc 2 with 'Word Up!' and some new tracks and I think it would be fantastic. It would let the album get the recognition it deserves. Plus the girls schedules are sickening!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wanted them to re-release this album for quite some time, but I think I feel they've almost outgrown it now and that they really are able to step it up for album #3. I think had they released a better song than Little Me, and Word Up! hadn't took the place of a single I would be more positive for a re-release, but at this stage I feel like the era has been sort of tainted and I would prefer them to start fresh with album #3 and blow everyone away with a flawless run of singles. That said if they only manage to come up with 5 amazing songs and the rest of fillers, I'd rather a re-release than a new album, but at this point I'm looking forwards to lots of new songs and not just a handful. I so hope they manage to deliver with album #3 as much as they did with the first two imo.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Little Mix @LittleMix · 6h
    Show us your #SaluteArmy on Flipagram! http://youtu.be/zJXJ-2icT54 In each image we want to see your army grow in size! Mixers HQ x

Frida Kahlo has replaced Perrie.
    siriusrose wrote: »
    I wanted them to re-release this album for quite some time, but I think I feel they've almost outgrown it now and that they really are able to step it up for album #3. I think had they released a better song than Little Me, and Word Up! hadn't took the place of a single I would be more positive for a re-release, but at this stage I feel like the era has been sort of tainted and I would prefer them to start fresh with album #3 and blow everyone away with a flawless run of singles.

I so hope they manage to deliver with album #3 as much as they did with the first two imo.

I'm just hoping they and their team make better single choices third time around as they've seen what happens twice now. IMO its hindered album sales.

Observation: as much as we think there's pressure on them to deliver album/year, I have to say looking at the current landscape of girl groups, and some new acts not genre related, they are consistently producing new music and avoiding contractual disputes and not destroying themselves inwardly. I really have to hand it to them for what they have achieved so far. I never realized what a minefield the music biz is and they are successfully negotiating around most of the pitfalls.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    O2 schedule

Sunday, 25 May 2014 - 6:30PM
    Doors: 18.30 / Harvey: 19.30 / N.V.S: 19.45 / M.O: 20.05 / Interval: 20.30 / Little Mix: 21.00

15 minutes is pretty short. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Three opening acts is out of order
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Demi had 4.
  • avon942avon942 Posts: 18,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DreC wrote: »
    Three opening acts is out of order

No it's not. I went to see justin bieber and he had about 5, same goes for the wanted.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    3, 4, 5 it's all too many, I guess I'm used to the fact that my first concert was Beyonce who only had a DJ.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    avon942 wrote: »
    No it's not. I went to see justin bieber and he had about 5, same goes for the wanted.

Do people get "opening act fatigue" with that many or do they just get seated later? I would hate to be the first act on.
This discussion has been closed.