Options

[GAME] The X Factor 20 Series 4 Launch and Discussion thread

Comments

• Options
    ElectricBoy171ElectricBoy171 Posts: 20,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's just based on the UK series! And, you'll only need four acts this season Steve :)
  • Options
    daniel_farrellydaniel_farrelly Posts: 1,995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got one of the two categories I wanted, so I'm happy:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So, how about I give you until Monday to choose your acts?

The actual shows won't start until the last week of October as I am away for a week from Thursday.
  • Options
    SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's just based on the UK series! And, you'll only need four acts this season Steve :)

Ahhh yes of course, because of the wildcards category, I forgot about that. :blush:

I'll have a look at the voices of the girls from Bootcamp to Top 3 and then make my decision before midnight. :)
  • Options
    EndOfSanityEndOfSanity Posts: 15,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Soppyfan wrote: »
    Ahhh yes of course, because of the wildcards category, I forgot about that. :blush:

I'll have a look at the voices of the girls from Bootcamp to Top 3 and then make my decision before midnight. :)

Can't do Monday as The Mix Factor is on that day.

Except The Mix Factor is on Sunday... ;-)

Great to see this back by the way, I think I voted quite a few times last series. Looking forward to seeing more UK acts from this year mentored.
  • Options
    EEAS1997EEAS1997 Posts: 2,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm so happy I have the Overs. I mentored them on Back to Basics earlier this year, and remember absolutely hating the category. As the game progressed, I began to really like the idea of livening up the 'dated' stigma that comes coupled with the older contestants. Whilst I only reached fourth place, I only started to get into it towards the end, where it was kind of too late to reverse certain choices. Being enthusiastic from the starting point, it should be fun this time round. Besides, the UK's offering of Overs really put to shame that of X Factor USA (The contestants I worked with on B2B).

Connor, would you be able to tell us the opening theme shortly? It would be good to have an extended period of time to pick for the first week, especially considering we'll all have to find eight songs. I mean, technically, there's nothing to say we couldn't have the theme before the contestant reveal, no? :p

I've made my decision for the Overs, by the way. I'm just writing up some explanations for each, now :) Really happy with my set of contestants... Think there's a few to watch out for.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks EOS!

Whenever any of you want to post your top four you can do so. As long as I have them by Tuesday morning. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope the first theme is Anything Goes as I have a few KILLER song choices waiting to be used. :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope the first theme is Anything Goes as I have a few KILLER song choices waiting to be used. :cool:

You've always got those 'killers' waiting around, haven't you Steve? ;)

Just gonna put it out there - I think it'd be interesting to see Chloe mentored within one of these games. I'd imagine she'd be pretty difficult to choose for, but risks always tend to pay off on here. Are you brave enough? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm afraid you'll won't find me picking controversial acts.

Yes I mentored Rylan before, but that was just a one-off. ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a few choices in mind. Shame I can't pick first.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm afraid you'll won't find me picking controversial acts.

Yes I mentored Rylan before, but that was just a one-off. ;-)

Rylan?! :o Seriously? Steve, no no :cry::p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's true...I got him to The S Factor Final. :blush:

Anyways, about to announce my choices.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK, as you are all wanting to know the theme I might as well tell you. The theme is simply, and I'm sure you'll all be happy with this; it's An Introduction to which is as Steve put it in a previous post, free choice/anything goes. But don't get too comfortable, the themes will get harder over the weeks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alright fellow judges and viewers, I have my chosen four along with my (well-defended) reasons.

My first girl is...
    Lauren Platt - Well come on, was there ever any doubt? Of course I'm taking this girl with me to the live shows. I have LOVED her since her audition (which I believe shows her at her best here,) and she is going to be my versatile girl, so expect changes to happen often in the shows to come. :D

For my second girl, I am picking...
    Emily Middlemass - Let me introduce to you my wee little Scottish doll of the category who has a heart of gold and is very mature for her age. Her direction will certainly be a quirky one with Indie and Acoustic sides thrown into the mix, I'll make sure you fall in love with her voice. :kitty:

Next up is my third girl and it is...
    Stephanie Nala - This one for me was definitely a no-brainer, she's small but has a terrific tone that I believe is ideal for old school and urban RnB which will be her strongest niche in the comeptition. But rest assured, I will do my best to give her some dance songs too and keep her fresh! :cool:

And for my final girl, I am going with...
    Monica Michael - Okay, I don't care who made the decision, *cough*producersinfluence*cough* NOBODY sends home a talented singer at Bootcamp and gets away with it! She has the best voice for quite possibly a mixture of Soul, Soft Rock and perhaps a bit of the Jazz too. You could say that this girl is kind of my "wildcard" of the category. ;-)

Now THIS is what I call a strong girls category! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great choices Steve. :D

Emily, Lauren, Monica and Stephanie are through to the live shows. However, it's not all over for the rest of the girls as they are eligible for Daniel's wildcard category. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's one girl that I hope gets picked by Daniel.

As for the other categories, I would love to see the girl group get picked as they were robbed of the real top 3. :(

I'm going over song choices right now...all I can say is watch out for a hidden gem I have ready from the 90's. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can I announce my girl wildcard now?:)
  • Options
    Spanner82Spanner82 Posts: 1,214
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK So no illness is going to keep me from this *cough*kellyrowland*cough* and whilst I am under the weather, I am truly glad to be back and absolutley thrilled with the category I have got. And aside from the Girls probably the easiest category and strongest to choose from.

Andrea Faustini
    Jake Quickenden
    Jack Walton
    Paul Akister

You four are the team to beat!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi guys, sorry :( My internet keeps crashing. The lightening is out in force tonight :o

I've picked five Overs. I need to get it down to four, and I'm finding it difficult. I feel as though it's a super strong category, and I'm worried I'll be letting the wrong one go. Bear with me. They'll be up tonight, for sure.

Oooh, Steve, an interesting category. Purely based on what we've seen on the actual show, Monica is my favourite of your four. As we know though, the game mentoring changes everything. It's a good category, and I'm pretty sure you'll do just fine, given your unchallengeable experience.

Already a 90's track? And it's a 'gem'? Now there's a surprise :D

Spanner's boys... (Contains real-show spoilers)
    It's interesting that you've gone for the actual top four. It'll be cool to see your mentoring in comparison to Mel's mentoring. I wonder if you'll work in parallel? I'm backing Jack for you Spanner, closely followed by Andrea (Pls don't make him too dated :p) Oh, and hope you feel better soon!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can I announce my girl wildcard now?:)

You certainly can Daniel. :)

Great line up Spanner for your category and were glad to have you back on the panel.

And ok Eddy, I look forward to seeing your team. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Okay so my girl wildcard is.....
    Kerrianne Covell

I still need to decide on my boy wildcard though:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great choices for the boys, Spanner, I think you're gonna do very well with them. :)

And Daniel, I am VERY happy you picked that girl. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My boy wildcard is....
    Jordan Morris
  • Options
    EndOfSanityEndOfSanity Posts: 15,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Connor, do you want to have this game featured in the guest room section of the archive website, just like series 3?

Updates will probably be a bit slow, but I'm sure Steve and I can manage.