Options

Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo Pro V3515 Laptop memory upgrade

withnailukwithnailuk Posts: 1,017
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Afternoon all, mate of mine is looking to upgrade there 512mb of ram, has any one got any good recommendations. Looking to add 2 gb, i think that's fine with this lappy. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    s2ks2k Posts: 7,421
    Forum Member
    Crucial.com/uk

Run the tool on there to find the right stuff. IIRC Fujitsu Siemens laptops are a bit more awkward in that one of the slots is in an easy to reach hatch on the back whilst the other is underneath the keyboard. Might be worth checking the instructions to confirm though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi s2k, i have took the back off and there are two slot's there, one with the ram that came with the lap-top & one spare slot, am i missing somthing under the keyboard do you think?
  • Options
    s2ks2k Posts: 7,421
    Forum Member
    If theres 2 slots you should be good to go. I only mentioned it cos I remember my mates one being like that, I guess his was a totally different model.

Just use the link I provided to make sure you buy the right stuff. Probably worth going for a 2gb or 4gb kit if you can afford it. Note if you go with the latter you will need a 64bit OS to utilize >3.25gb (it would still function though).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheers s2k im going to put 2 gb in there as he only has 512mb, i dont think that lappy surport's any thing above 2gb. Thanks for the linky bud:)