Options

The Tunnel

Comments

• Options
    sunnymegsunnymeg Posts: 1,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As a fan of the original series 'The Bridge' I have to say that the actors and writers involved in The Tunnel have done a really good job in recreating the series. Even though I know what is coming, I am really enjoying this.
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am loving the show, I also watched 'The Bridge' and think I am actually enjoying this version more.
  • Options
    boogie woogieboogie woogie Posts: 16,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Excellent show. Any word on a second series yet?
  • Options
    RFSRFS Posts: 7,627
    Forum Member
    Knew it!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    MR. MacavityMR. Macavity Posts: 3,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think if John is the Truth Terrorist then they should have cast a different actor to James Frain - a bit of a red flag really :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I didn't really understand who the blonde b1tch was (not Elise) who suddenly turned up, whoever she is, she deserved a slap from Elise.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Think if John is the Truth Terrorist then they should have cast a different actor to James Frain - a bit of a red flag really :)

Agree to a an extent - when he turned up last week I ought he would be a key candidate for TT...
    Although now I am intrigued as to how much havoc he will reap! I am guessing .... Quite a bit (I didn't see the bridge so this is all new to me!)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't really understand who the blonde b1tch was (not Elise) who suddenly turned up, whoever she is, she deserved a slap from Elise.

She was from the UK Anti-Terrorist Squad and was a former colleague of Karl when he worked in the Met. She was involved because of suspicion falling upon the former French Secret Service spy who was involved in gun running and Operation Poleton which it was explained was a Europe-wide operation.

I think!!!!
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    When Romaine was stood by the window I thought to myself "She's getting shot here" and sure enough.

Things aren't usually that blatant in this series.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 376
    Forum Member
    RFS wrote: »
    Agree to a an extent - when he turned up last week I ought he would be a key candidate for TT...
    Although now I am intrigued as to how much havoc he will reap! I am guessing .... Quite a bit (I didn't see the bridge so this is all new to me!)

Well, I think it's safe to say that when James Frain appears in a TV series, you know he's not going to be a good guy :D But the beauty of his character is that he has only just come into the frame, as it were, at the end of the series - yet he's been involved right from the start. Love the way in which the viewers are kept guessing and that nothing/nobody is as it/they first appear. Think James Frain is giving excellent value for money, he never disappoints!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    angiebroch wrote: »
    Well, I think it's safe to say that when James Frain appears in a TV series, you know he's not going to be a good guy :D But the beauty of his character is that he has only just come into the frame, as it were, at the end of the series - yet he's been involved right from the start. Love the way in which the viewers are kept guessing and that nothing/nobody is as it/they first appear. Think James Frain is giving excellent value for money, he never disappoints!

I was racking my brains to think of where he was a good guy - wasn't he in some Nessie film with Ted Danson as a good guy. He was a bit unfortunate at the end of The Tudors and didn't he figure in Jack Bauer's overall body count in 24...? :D

And where is my Green smiley? #TTTookIt
  • Options
    Forum Member
    RFS wrote: »
    I was racking my brains to think of where he was a good guy - wasn't he in some Nessie film with Ted Danson as a good guy. He was a bit unfortunate at the end of The Tudors and didn't he figure in Jack Bauer's overall body count in 24...? :D

And where is my Green smiley? #TTTookIt

Let's see. The movies What Rats Won't Do & Where The Heart Is, All Things To All Men aka The Deadly Game, Spartacus, Empire, Dark Relic, Red Meat, Quid Pro Quo. TV drama Armadillo.TV drama The Buccaneers, and The Mill On The Floss. TV drama Bert & Dickie/Going for Gold. And of course he played the eager young scientist Adrian Foote in Loch Ness.

Sadly, apart from those roles James has been rather typecast, has said in interviews that he's a "go-to" guy for villains but is happy to take on those roles.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Also he played non-villainous characters in Shadowlands (his acting debut) and An Awfully Big Adventure, another early movie.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well that was a bit explosive!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well that was a bit explosive!

I couldn't believe she took so long to run. I turned the volume down just in case it got messy but was screaming "Run you silly cow" at the TV. Heaven only knows what my neighbour thinks!!!!!

So lord only knows what he has in store for Adam!
  • Options
    Jenny_SawyerJenny_Sawyer Posts: 12,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Inappropriate footwear Laura......
  • Options
    CatsRuleCatsRule Posts: 237
    Forum Member
    so..... which one of them is going to die, theres got to be one?!
  • Options
    MR. MacavityMR. Macavity Posts: 3,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Inappropriate footwear Laura......

'Congratulations'..... nonetheless! :)

The Tunnel has been a real weekly treat for me, but its like getting to the end of a good book - you want to find out what happens but don't want it to end?! Hope it gets the finale it deserves, it has been an excellent production all round.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    CatsRule wrote: »
    so..... which one of them is going to die, theres got to be one?!

I'm guessing it will be Adam.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I was thinking Elise, but the other half thinks it might be Karl. :)
  • Options
    stu0rtstu0rt Posts: 946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think I would have at least given her a bomb protection jacket to wear. The others had them! Also, I'd have tried to sip a thin piece of something under her foot to press the switch down (it looked huge when she stepped off it - also the wooden bit seemed to disappear).

Overall I have enjoyed this. My one criticism is a bit of mumbling and confused plot points that I had to rewind to hear. There are still some lines that I can't understand even with repeated rewinds. Maybe this is a problem with my ears/brain rather than the production. If I were watching it "live" without an ability to rewind, I'd have been lost many episodes ago!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Bit too unbelievable that a professional hugely experienced team from the bomb squad, wouldn't know have a clue how the bomb worked or how to disarm it! "You're on your own love, we're out of here"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just as an aside and this is not a criticism but an observation, the actor who plays Karl is 24 years older than the actress who plays his wife :o
  • Options
    chestfieldchestfield Posts: 3,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I must have dozed off but i couldn't quite follow the layout of the bungalow; was the room with files and all the rest on ther ground floor, as I don't remember Karl and Elise going up or down stairs?

(I assume the bungalow is the one supposedly near Maidstone, but from where you could just about see the sea - sorry, (reasonably) local knowledge). OK, some sort of artistic licence is all right.
  • Options
    mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

She's quite nice in real life :D
    chestfield wrote: »
    I must have dozed off but i couldn't quite follow the layout of the bungalow; was the room with files and all the rest on ther ground floor, as I don't remember Karl and Elise going up or down stairs?

I got the impression it was in some sort of extended basement.