Options

The Originals - Season 2 (US Pace)

JaymaJayma Posts: 6,418
Forum Member
I thought we deserved a new thread for Season 2.

Episode 1 'Rebirth' airs tonight in the US.

So glad it's back. I thought Season 1 ended very strongly. If anyone had told me two years ago that I would find Hayley a more watchable character than Elena in the VD world, I would never have believed them!

Really looking forward to seeing Mikael and Esther's shenanigans with their offspring.

Comments

• Options
    Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    Jayma wrote: »
    Really looking forward to seeing Mikael and Esther's shenanigans with their offspring.
    I can't wait for this either. I am also hoping to see the return of Finn and Kol, even if they're only brought back to go off traveling.

In the long run, this series is about the original family, one could argue all of them. I have wondered (ever since we saw Mikael back) whether he'd ever accept Klaus, and whether Baby Hope could/would play a part in bringing their family together as one.
  • Options
    LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So glad it's back. I thought Season 1 ended very strongly. If anyone had told me two years ago that I would find Hayley a more watchable character than Elena in the VD world, I would never have believed them!

I shouldn't laugh, but I know exactly what you mean. What on earth happened:o:D
  • Options
    margarite6666margarite6666 Posts: 2,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I wasn't expecting the end reveal at all. It does mean though that we will not see Nathanial in the present day this season. It was good to know the character is back full time although the actors accent seems a bit odd.

I just read the show runners interview. Some very interesting stories will be told. We will find out why Mikael is the way he is. It is one of the truths that abused people become abosers.

He also indicated Josh would have a romantic story. Sounds like a great season.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Loved that episode. It was action-packed and really well-paced, although I didn't expect to see so many resolutions so quickly. There was certainly no hanging around. Elijah remains awesome for me - I love seeing shades of his Season 2 TVD self (the property reveal scene), as that was the season he became my favourite character in the TVD world.

Good to see a reflective Klaus, but of course his diabolical side will never be far away. Mikael is relentless in his grudges. I can't help wondering what he'd find to drive him on in the unlikely event he ever succeeded in killing Klaus, as that's been his goal for the last thousand years. Cassie/Esther isn't sitting well with me at the moment. She's a little too bland and robotic for my tastes, but I'm looking forward to the family reunion. With the inclusion of all Mikaelson family members in the episode, in some form or other, the show is now certainly deserving of its title 'The Originals'. Can't wait for the next episode.
  • Options
    nats18nats18 Posts: 8,216
    Forum Member
    Not sure I like the new Kol I was hoping the actor would come back to play him. But I do like Daniel Sharman though I think of his teen wolf character when I see him. Pity I like both actors who play one character as they both can't be in it. Finn and Esther I actually prefer like this.
    One thing though wasn't kol still on Klaus' side when he died why has he teamed up with his mum who wants klaus dead
  • Options
    SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone else notice how bad Hayley's accent was in the scene where she was breaking stuff? It kept slipping back to Australian.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    nats18 wrote: »
    Not sure I like the new Kol I was hoping the actor would come back to play him. But I do like Daniel Sharman though I think of his teen wolf character when I see him. Pity I like both actors who play one character as they both can't be in it. Finn and Esther I actually prefer like this.
    One thing though wasn't kol still on Klaus' side when he died why has he teamed up with his mum who wants klaus dead

Is Nathaniel B in another show right now? If not, as Margarite said, he may come back as Kol in flashbacks. I suppose the only reason Kol would be on his mother's side is if he believes, like she and Finn do that all of them should be dead. Or maybe he's not as loyal as he seems?
    Schmiznurf wrote: »
    Anyone else notice how bad Hayley's accent was in the scene where she was breaking stuff? It kept slipping back to Australian.

Yes, she had quite a few slip-ups with her accent. It was quite noticeable in the scene where she was talking to Elijah about Francesca too. Still finding her watchable though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is Nathaniel B in another show right now? If not, as Margarite said, he may come back as Kol in flashbacks. I suppose the only reason Kol would be on his mother's side is if he believes, like she and Finn do that all of them should be dead. Or maybe he's not as loyal as he seems?

Yes, she had quite a few slip-ups with her accent. It was quite noticeable in the scene where she was talking to Elijah about Francesca too. Still finding her watchable though.

Nate is definitely back in flashbacks. Apparently we will see him in the 1700s. I think we will see him in ep 2. Also there is that picture of him in a coffin with symbols on his body.

I said myself he is a bit like Loki and the show runner said the same thing. Kol is pragmatic. His mother brought him back and in TVD he was right about Silas. However Io have a feeling he might fall for Davina or Josh! I have read many posts saying they think Kol is gay. That would be interesting.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Nate is definitely back in flashbacks. Apparently we will see him in the 1700s. I think we will see him in ep 2. Also there is that picture of him in a coffin with symbols on his body.

I said myself he is a bit like Loki and the show runner said the same thing. Kol is pragmatic. His mother brought him back and in TVD he was right about Silas. However Io have a feeling he might fall for Davina or Josh! I have read many posts saying they think Kol is gay. That would be interesting.

I missed Kol's later appearances in TVD - I think I last saw him when Elena and Jeremy offed him in front of Klaus, so not sure what happened with him after that as I stopped watching in Season 5. I appreciate he's a very popular character, and I'm a huge Loki fan, but based on what I saw of him, I wasn't a great fan of either the character or the actor. Still, the more Originals the better. My favourites are Elijah and Mikael, and I've warmed to Klaus enormously. I would welcome learning more about Kol and Finn.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I missed Kol's later appearances in TVD - I think I last saw him when Elena and Jeremy offed him in front of Klaus, so not sure what happened with him after that as I stopped watching in Season 5. I appreciate he's a very popular character, and I'm a huge Loki fan, but based on what I saw of him, I wasn't a great fan of either the character or the actor. Still, the more Originals the better. My favourites are Elijah and Mikael, and I've warmed to Klaus enormously. I would welcome learning more about Kol and Finn.

The show runner also said the original actor playing Finn would also be back. We will apparently find out why he is a mummy's boy. I can only think the producers have been reading the threads because they seem to be prepared to answer all our questions.
  • Options
    Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    Well I wasn't expecting the end reveal at all. It does mean though that we will not see Nathanial in the present day this season. It was good to know the character is back full time although the actors accent seems a bit odd.
    Does it? Why not? Could it not be possible that the current cast are merely there for the transition?

I admit also though, I wasn't expecting Kol to be in this episode, nor would I expect his character to essentially turn on Klaus or Elijah. Kol has always been the rebellious one. I wonder why he's choosing to side with his mother, unless he's somehow bound to her as thanks for rescuing him from the other side?
    Cassie/Esther isn't sitting well with me at the moment. She's a little too bland and robotic for my tastes, but I'm looking forward to the family reunion.
    I am hopeful that all of the original cast members will eventually return to reprise their roles.
    The show runner also said the original actor playing Finn would also be back. We will apparently find out why he is a mummy's boy. I can only think the producers have been reading the threads because they seem to be prepared to answer all our questions.
    I have heard that all the original cast (Finn, Kol and Esther) are to reprise their roles, though I fear that'll be flashback roles only. If they really need to use new cast, then I wish they'd get some more suitable. I suppose Kol and Finns' new form is okay, but Esther in a teenage body? :o

Fantastic start to the new series anyway, wasn't expecting Fran (and her wolfpack) to be taken out so soon either, but I wasn't overly a fan of that actress anyway, so good riddance. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flash525 wrote: »
    Does it? Why not? Could it not be possible that the current cast are merely there for the transition?

I admit also though, I wasn't expecting Kol to be in this episode, nor would I expect his character to essentially turn on Klaus or Elijah. Kol has always been the rebellious one. I wonder why he's choosing to side with his mother, unless he's somehow bound to her as thanks for rescuing him from the other side?

I am hopeful that all of the original cast members will eventually return to reprise their roles.

I have heard that all the original cast (Finn, Kol and Esther) are to reprise their roles, though I fear that'll be flashback roles only. If they really need to use new cast, then I wish they'd get some more suitable. I suppose Kol and Finns' new form is okay, but Esther in a teenage body? :o

Fantastic start to the new series anyway, wasn't expecting Fran (and her wolfpack) to be taken out so soon either, but I wasn't overly a fan of that actress anyway, so good riddance. :p

I think that if this series goes on then the original actors will come back. The teenage girl doesn't have the gravitas for Esther. Plus we have to look forward to the scene where Mikael and Esther meet again. I honestly think at that point Alice has to be back. The meeting just wouldn't have the right intensity.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think that if this series goes on then the original actors will come back. The teenage girl doesn't have the gravitas for Esther. Plus we have to look forward to the scene where Mikael and Esther meet again. I honestly think at that point Alice has to be back. The meeting just wouldn't have the right intensity.

Totally agree.

I've seen some online reviews of this episode with people wondering why Daniel Sharman's character doesn't use the same accent as Nathaniel Buzolic did for Kol. I would think the answer to that is that Kaleb always had an English accent before Kol inhabited his body. I've not seen Daniel Sharman in anything before this, but he seems to be sporting a slightly northern English accent. Not sure what his own accent is like, considering he was born and raised in London.
  • Options
    F1etchF1etch Posts: 4,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The way I see it, the current "bodies" of the family are just there until they get their ....{dare i say it, oh go on I will then}....they get their "original" bodies back :D
    I got more joy out of that pun than is appropriate lol
    That is why we can see Nathanial in flashbacks and could well see him in present time too, if he is transitioned back into his original body....dammit, said it again lol That was unintentional.

Anyway, really enjoyed that.. Much better than ep1 of TVD, less weeping and more kicking ass. Didn't expect to see Francesca killed off so soon though or Klaus to get the rings back. I thought for sure that would be the lead up to Mid-Season, hunting down the rings to get him back to FULL P-P-P-P-POWER! *Old Spice* then offing Francesca. Not sure where they go from here. Epsiode 1....I'd be happy if that was episode 23 - or whatever the finale is numbered and of last season obviously. Could well have been that they wrote 1 episode to many so made the actual finale as episode 1...dunno
  • Options
    PalmerwhoPalmerwho Posts: 1,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gotta say that was one hell of opener! Blew the Diaries episode out of the water.

The werewolf uprising lasted long didn't it lol

Surprised I failed to spot Kol had a new hidden form, in hindsight it was obvious really. He couldn't be the only Original to be missing from the family reunion.

I read that interview too, looks like we're in for an interesting season :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loved it! From seeing Rebekah at the beginning to Elijah rolling the head into the house and then wiping the blood off his hands in such elegant perfection to getting a kick out of Klaus using blood of his victims to paint, that was the season opener I was expecting and I was not disappointed.

I was very surprised that the baddies were killed off so quickly not that I'm complaining. I love how all the originals were in this episode but I would love to have the original actor reprise the character of Kol.

My only disappointment is Cami. Just useless and this whole setup of being Klaus' love is all kinds of wrong. I wish they could just bring Caroline over.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Totally agree.

I've seen some online reviews of this episode with people wondering why Daniel Sharman's character doesn't use the same accent as Nathaniel Buzolic did for Kol. I would think the answer to that is that Kaleb always had an English accent before Kol inhabited his body. I've not seen Daniel Sharman in anything before this, but he seems to be sporting a slightly northern English accent. Not sure what his own accent is like, considering he was born and raised in London.

Daniel was in teen wolf. I watched the show again as he only had a few lines at the end and I didn't pick up on the accent. However when I watched again I immediately thought of Jon Snow in GOT. I just had a look on YouTube and didn't realise he played Aries in The immortals. Anyway his accent is quite posh.

As with all the Aussie actors on this show you can hear their natural accent breaking through though I do like Nate's voice. I wonder why they didn't want Daniel to use his natural accent. The only reason I can think of is to make sure his siblings don't guess who he is from his voice too soon.