david tennant maybe last doctor?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 171
Forum Member
im just thinking, in my opinion, out of the ninth doctor and david tennant, david tennant was by far the best doctor, and id like to say that he is the very vbest, better than any past doctor there has been but i havent seen every single doctor who episode seen so sadly i cant say that. But im thinkign that they wont be able to get a better doctor than david tennant, so maybe make his last episodes, the last of doctor who?? because that would leave an amazingly positve impression of doctor who and it wont damage the impression should the next doctor be rubbish, which i quite beleive because david tennant is the best in my books, maybe not rubbsih but not as good as david tennant.

i cant believe i just said that cos i absolutely love doctor who and would hate to see it go, but with out david tennant, im thinkign doctor who wont be as good?? What does everyoen else think?? I guesss i better get ready for soem attacks of disagreements :\

Comments

• be more pacificbe more pacific Posts: 19,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No need for attacks or disagreements. Series 5 has already been commissioned for 2010 and Steven Moffat has been appointed as the new Executive Producer / Head Writer. David Tennant is definitely leaving before Series 5 and Moffat is definitely going to appoint a new Doctor in the near future. No question.

Surely you knew all this already?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 171
    Forum Member
    oh right yea i meant to write that in ym first post, but yea im jstu thinkign that mayeb they shoudl cancel ti,well its nto as easy as that i know but, i suppose its just a thought on what they could have done :\
  • dashyork42dashyork42 Posts: 1,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David is a fabulous Doctor, and as I said to my other half tonight, will be hard to replace. But there will be another, as there always has been in the history of Doctor Who, and yes we will get used to the next one, just as we got used to all the others.
  • GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David is a great Doctor but he does not make Doctor Who, it won't fall apart without him. How do we know that there isn't someone just as good or even better out there waiting to replace him?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *shoots self in head*
  • GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *shoots self in head*

:eek:

See the lengths sane members of this forum are driven to?
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *shoots self in head*

If only there was the internet in 1974 when they hired a guy who was working on a building site at the time to play the doctor. We would have been up in arms!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gogfumble wrote: »
    :eek:

See the lengths sane members of this forum are driven to?

At least he won't live to see an inferior 11th Doctor.;)
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh right yea i meant to write that in ym first post, but yea im jstu thinkign that mayeb they shoudl cancel ti,well its nto as easy as that i know but, i suppose its just a thought on what they could have done :\

I'm sure the next Doctor will be just as good, if not better. In the meantime, you can work on your spelling.

There's a good Fanatic.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JCR wrote: »
    If only there was the internet in 1974 when they hired a guy who was working on a building site at the time to play the doctor. We would have been up in arms!

Or the time when they hired someone with no possible resemblance to William Hartnell to play the same character.

Or the time when they hired that silly comedian to replace the Trout.

Or the time they hired a vet who wasn't even thirty years old!

Or the time they hired the guy who'd already been in the show before.

Or the time they hired the guy who shoved ferrets down his trousers.

Or the time they hired that ponce in a wig.

Or the time they hired that chippy Northerner.

Or the time they hired that skinny, grinning Scottish bloke and forced him to put on a Cockney accent.

How many times has this show jumped the bloody shark? :eek:
  • stateofgameplaystateofgameplay Posts: 3,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JCR wrote: »

You make it sound like he was a complete unknown with no experience when he was cast... He'd been Golden Globe nominated already years before he was cast as The Doctor!
  • Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Give me strength...:rolleyes:

How can anyone who calls themselves a Doctor Who fanatic post something sooooooooooo ridiculous????
  • ListentomeListentome Posts: 9,804
    Forum Member

I appreciate you point of view, but I just don't get where you are coming from. DT is not the only good actor out there. He is a good Doctor but for you to say he is the best is your opinion and not a general basis to argue that no other actor could now play the part.

I'm sure as DW fans we have all thought it will end when our favourite Doctor leaves. I couldn't see it continuing without Tom Baker, but look what happened. For every fan who thinks the sun shines out of Tennant's arse there are plenty who remember other actors in the part who bought equal charm, charisma and talent to the role.

Besides why would the BBC cancel their best asset? They know from experience that people adjust to a new Doctor. If and only if viewers flee the programme in droves because they don't like the new lead would the BBC even consider cancelling it again.

best
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    Maybe they should cast someone really terrible as they eleventh doctor (there's plenty to chose from on the betting shortlists) and then sack them after a season or two and cast again so we'd be so grateful we'd accept anyone with open arms. Just ask Sylvester McCoy (or maybe not...)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 228
    Forum Member
    When I first read this I thought the OP was having a little fun at our expense! But having read some of the OP'S previous posts I realise that they are serious, therefore meaning to write a post in that manner.

Of course Doctor Who is not going to be cancelled because, in your opinion it has peaked. The show will move on as it always does, 11 will impress some and distress others.
    The actor portraying the doctor is important of course, but there are many other aspects to the show. That's why it has survived so long, and will continue to do so!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 228
    Forum Member
    Accidental repost
  • Sharon87Sharon87 Posts: 3,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not going to deny it'll be strange to see a new Doctor (my first one really, I only started watching from Runaway Bride!). So to me David Tennant is the best so far. But I want to see other people in the role. Just give the 11th Doctor a chance! He hasn't even been cast yet!
  • PorkSausagePorkSausage Posts: 2,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Or the time when they hired someone with no possible resemblance to William Hartnell to play the same character.

Or the time when they hired that silly comedian to replace the Trout.

Or the time they hired a vet who wasn't even thirty years old!

Or the time they hired the guy who'd already been in the show before.

Or the time they hired the guy who shoved ferrets down his trousers.

Or the time they hired that ponce in a wig.

Or the time they hired that chippy Northerner.

Or the time they hired that skinny, grinning Scottish bloke and forced him to put on a Cockney accent.

How many times has this show jumped the bloody shark? :eek:

LOL :D
  • amos_brearleyamos_brearley Posts: 8,496
    Forum Member
    I too thought this was some crackpot theory about DT actually having been the 13th Doctor, CE the 12th and that suddenly at the end of the last 2009 special, the Doctor will remember that he has three missing regenerations lost during the Time War. Cue wibbly wobbly flashback effect as a curly haired Paul McGann strides into frame. Caption: to be continued in 2010 with "The Time War". Fans across the nation not only explode but implode as well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was not an option. BBC Wales has a massive investment in the programme and Steven Moffat has a massive personal investment in his "dream job".

Do you really think Series 5 could have been cancelled on a whim?
  • SHAFTSHAFT Posts: 4,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I too thought this was some crackpot theory about DT actually having been the 13th Doctor, CE the 12th and that suddenly at the end of the last 2009 special, the Doctor will remember that he has three missing regenerations lost during the Time War. Cue wibbly wobbly flashback effect as a curly haired Paul McGann strides into frame. Caption: to be continued in 2010 with "The Time War". Fans across the nation not only explode but implode as well.

:D That would be funny but soooo wrong at the same time!

The problem is that on a BBC budget the Time War would end up looking like an episode of The Clangers.
  • amos_brearleyamos_brearley Posts: 8,496
    Forum Member
    SHAFT wrote: »
    :D That would be funny but soooo wrong at the same time!

The problem is that on a BBC budget the Time War would end up looking like an episode of The Clangers.

But who's to say the Time War *wasn't* like an episode of "The Clangers"?! ;) We only have ourselves to blame for imagining it to have been some grandiose space battle like "Star Wars" or "Babylon 5". :p
  • SHAFTSHAFT Posts: 4,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its a shame that Oliver Postgate passed away last year. They could have roped him in to do the SFX. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When talking about the timewar does anyone else just think of the comic relief sketch with rowan atkinson, but on a bigger scale? :)
  • Glyn WGlyn W Posts: 5,819
    Forum Member
    im just thinking, in my opinion, out of the ninth doctor and david tennant, david tennant was by far the best doctor, and id like to say that he is the very vbest, better than any past doctor there has been but i havent seen every single doctor who episode seen so sadly i cant say that. But im thinkign that they wont be able to get a better doctor than david tennant, so maybe make his last episodes, the last of doctor who?? because that would leave an amazingly positve impression of doctor who and it wont damage the impression should the next doctor be rubbish, which i quite beleive because david tennant is the best in my books, maybe not rubbsih but not as good as david tennant.

i cant believe i just said that cos i absolutely love doctor who and would hate to see it go, but with out david tennant, im thinkign doctor who wont be as good?? What does everyoen else think?? I guesss i better get ready for soem attacks of disagreements :\

How on Earth did Doctor Who get to 45 years old before David Tennant saved it??? :eek: