Options

Prince Philip in hospital

Comments

• Options
    Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If there is a God, it certainly looks like he's a republican.

The way things are going, I wouldn't be surprised if Gary Barlow breaks out in boils and a plague of locusts decends on London tonight

I wouldn't be surprised if Gary Barlow wants to be his stand-in.

Get well soon Phil.
  • Options
    sjonsjon Posts: 433
    Forum Member
    could he die?

At 90 you only need to catch a cold to finish you off and whilst you're already ill, you're more susceptible to catch them.

I really hope he's OK, I mean I know his death is inevitable in the next couple of years at his age but it would be terrible for it to happen this weekend.
    I don't understand why they didn't sit in those seats.

Particularly as she disappeared for a while in the middle (presumably for a rest). But at the end when they were waiting for the boats to pass it was understandable why they stayed standing as the seats were facing the wrong way.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    could he die?

If he did, i doubt they would announce it tonight anyway, but I'm sure he will be fine, it's only a bladder infection
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's got a bladder infection? So? There's loads of people who've had much worse than that. I wonder what he'd be like if he had a full blown cold/flu?
  • Options
    RecordPlayerRecordPlayer Posts: 22,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nansbread wrote: »
    Whose idea was it for a 91 year old man to be out in the cold and rain for 4 hours?

Prince Philip is a trooper - the weather isn't going to stop him carrying out his duties. He probably doesn't realise himself, that he's getting to old for them, though.
  • Options
    Mrs TeapotMrs Teapot Posts: 124,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    He's tough old goat and sure he'll be fine

Get well soon Prince P....................if your reading, not that you will be but the thought is there :D
  • Options
    SpotSpot Posts: 25,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mrs Teapot wrote: »
    He's tough old goat and sure he'll be fine

Get well soon Prince P....................if your reading, not that you will be but the thought is there :D

He's more likely to be on here than watching the concert tonight!
  • Options
    RecordPlayerRecordPlayer Posts: 22,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    levaniX wrote: »
    AngryBritain.com
    BREAKING: John Terry to stand-in for Duke of Edinburgh at #Jubilee concert tonight.

:D I actually got that joke.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,363
    Forum Member
    Prince Philip is a trooper - the weather isn't going to stop him carrying out his duties. He probably doesn't realise himself, that he's getting to old for them, though.
    Very true. He certainly did look as though he was enjoying himself. Old people don't feel the cold as much.
    As someone posted he will be more comfortable in a hospital bed away from that racket going on outside his home tonight. ;)
  • Options
    tgsh2006tgsh2006 Posts: 537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Meilie wrote: »
    Imagine if he dies tomorrow. It doesn't bear thinking about.

Hope he gets well soon.

If that were to happen I doubt very much whether you'd get any announcement. Probably embargo it until Wednesday or something.
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    tgsh2006 wrote: »
    If that were to happen I doubt very much whether you'd get any announcement. Probably embargo it until Wednesday or something.

It would leak out within the hour.
  • Options
    Mrs TeapotMrs Teapot Posts: 124,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Spot wrote: »
    He's more likely to be on here than watching the concert tonight!

Unless he's been banned, he is know to be opinionated :D
  • Options
    Wayne DibblyWayne Dibbly Posts: 3,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    He's got a bladder infection? So? There's loads of people who've had much worse than that. I wonder what he'd be like if he had a full blown cold/flu?

I wonder what it would be like if you had more than a single brain cell. He's 91 ffs.
  • Options
    sjonsjon Posts: 433
    Forum Member
    CLL Dodge wrote: »
    It would leak out within the hour.

Things like that cannot leak. There would be a big lockdown and a media blackout.
  • Options
    neelianeelia Posts: 24,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »

So? He's over 90!

Why is it relevant that people have worse? There are people dying of cancer at this moment. That doesn't magic Prince Philip as immortal.
  • Options
    Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,925
    Forum Member
    He's probably thrilled. I'd prefer a bed and a dvd to brave-facing it through tonight's shite-fest concert.
  • Options
    IphigeniaIphigenia Posts: 8,109
    Forum Member
    I'm very sorry to hear this. I'm sorry for the Queen too, it'll seriously take her mind off the rest of the celebrations.
  • Options
    this_is_methis_is_me Posts: 1,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sjon wrote: »
    Things like that cannot leak. There would be a big lockdown and a media blackout.

Of course it can leak. Nurses, hospital porters, etc all have mobile phones. It'll be on Twitter quickly, or maybe even a DS GD World Exclusive.
  • Options
    abarthmanabarthman Posts: 8,501
    Forum Member
    could he die?
    That would certainly put a bit of a damper on the celebrations.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When he dies, does he get a state funeral? I love a good state funeral
  • Options
    occyoccy Posts: 65,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No Jubilee jig for the Duke Of Hazard tonight.
  • Options
    Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's not going to snuff it over a bladder infection. He'll be out and back to his usual foot in his gob self before too long.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    neelia wrote: »
    So? He's over 90!

Why is it relevant that people have worse? There are people dying of cancer at this moment. That doesn't magic Prince Philip as immortal.

The FACT that the media thinks it's breaking news when the royal family gets an infection. They've always done it.
  • Options
    Julie68Julie68 Posts: 3,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When he dies, does he get a state funeral? I love a good state funeral

You nasty, horrible creature... Your 'sense of humour' is seriously sick..
  • Options
    peonpeon Posts: 1,671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    culttvfan wrote: »
    Not sure the Chinese and Indians would agree with you

is the Duke of Edinburgh a national hate figure in those countries?