Survivor 27 - Blood vs Water

191011121315»

Comments

• RedmondRedmond Posts: 19,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Heroes vs Villains 2 is definitely something they have on the table from what I've heard but it is still too early to say for sure what they will go for in S29/S30. Plans change all the time.

Of people I think would be likely for HvV 2?

Villains: Abi-Maria (definitely), Richard Hatch and/or Jonny Fairplay (big old school name), Reynold (young, athletic male), Natalie Bolton (always considered), Vytas (high chance), Ciera (high chance), Alicia Rosa (possible), Shane Powers (always considered), Twila (was considered for HvV 1), Pete Yurkowski (if they only have one of Hatch/Fairplay),

Heroes: Malcolm (definitely), Kim Spradlin (high chance), Troyzan (was considered for FvF 2), Yau Man (missed the cut for HvV 1), Hayden (young, athletic male), Taj (was asked back for HvV 1), Yul Kwon (recently said he would play again), Sierra Reid (was asked back for HvV 1), Andrea (young, athletic female), Elisabeth Hasselbeck and/or Colleen (if they can get either to accept), Kelly Wigglesworth (if they can't get Elisabeth or Colleen).
  • ChipPaperChipPaper Posts: 18,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Those are some pretty good picks, actually. I'd love to see Natalie Bolton back especially.

I know they asked Shii-Ann back for HvV1, but she was pregnant. Maybe if possible they'll get her for the next one. Also, RC (Philippines) was cast for BvW but had to pull out, so Heroes tribe maybe? (But that's quite a few from Philippines). I know Probst especially wanted Lisa Whelchel for Caramoan, but because she's a mum they thought back to back seasons wouldn't be possible, she'd make the Heroes tribe too.

I know they've been trying to get Hatch back for a long time, so if possible he's definitely in, but I thought Probst said because Fairplay quit in Micronesia they wouldn't ask him back for HvV1, and given Colton's performance in BvW I can't imagine them changing that rule again. I'd love to see Kelly Wigglesworth again, and given Elisabeth has The View (if it's still on) and Colleen said she'd never do it again (I think) they don't seem likely.

I'd love Kim Spradlin back, and Alicia as a villain. I also really liked Christina from One World, but she didn't reay play the game so I doubt she'll ever come back. Also I like Jay Byars from one World, but that's just for shallow reasons :D

Other I'd like to see are Peih-Gee (was originally cast in Micronesia, then replaced with Amanda), Michelle from Fiji (one of my faves ever), Holly from Nicaragua, Sophie from South Pacific, Christine from South Pacific (but she's probably not known enough :() and Stephen from Tocantins. I'd also like to see Bobby Jon and Eliza back, but they've done it twice before.
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,108
    Forum Member
    lol Natalie Bolton.
    If I were to ever play Survivor I'd want an edit throughout the season just like her's:
    invisible - harmless narrator - demon from hell

So dynamic.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I believe Elisabeth has left The View now, so more likely to appear, although still probably a slim chance of accepting.

I think enough time has passed since the Probst/Fairplay stuff and that he would be considered again. Fairplay wasn't an out-and-out quit like Colton, and if he hadn't have had his jaw smashed in a few days prior to filming I think he would have stuck around. Plus he's one of the most infamous villains in Survivor history.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lol Natalie Bolton.
    If I were to ever play Survivor I'd want an edit throughout the season just like her's:
    invisible - harmless narrator - demon from hell

So dynamic.

hahaha :D I found it funny how all of sudden this woman who we'd barely seen was now the super-bitch. Her edit was really poor at the start, but by the end she was one of my faves of Micronesia (better than some of the returnees imo). I was really hoping she would win the immunity so the faves had to vote off one of their own.
  • FiercefanaticFiercefanatic Posts: 3,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ChipPaper wrote: »
    Crystal's vote for Randy where everyone could hear was hilarious, their faces :D. "Forget you, go home, GOODBYE!" :D Was that the first time a vote was overheard? And her rows with GC, "EAT YO RICE!" while waving the spoon. She really was the gift that kept on giving. :D

I finished watching her season a few days ago and she is one of my favourite players ever too! I always love the sassy black women though. Cirie is probably my favourite player because she's such a good strategist. I just finished HvV about an hour ago and I fell in love with Sandra and Parvati all over again :D

I'm just about to start Nicaragua now... I've heard many things (both good + bad) about NaOnka so I'm really excited to see her! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I finished watching her season a few days ago and she is one of my favourite players ever too! I always love the sassy black women though. Cirie is probably my favourite player because she's such a good strategist. I just finished HvV about an hour ago and I fell in love with Sandra and Parvati all over again :D

I'm just about to start Nicaragua now... I've heard many things (both good + bad) about NaOnka so I'm really excited to see her! :D

I love Cirie too, such a great player (though her reputation cost her in HvV :() Parvati is one of my all time faves. Not just a brilliant player (one of the best imo) but a great personality, great sense of humour imo. When she was laughing about JT's letter and reading it out :D:D Love Sandra too. When I saw she was included I was kinda :confused: Never thought of her as villainous, but did like her. She was great in HvV, I love her attitude, and she made Survivor history :).

I personally love NaOnka, but for some she's one of the worst ever. I found her hilarious, she was so angry and argumentative for no reason, I liked her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 259
    Forum Member
    NaOnka was a troll in my opinion, and pretty much single-handedly brought down the whole of Nicaragua.

I'm discounting
    Kelly S
    since she was so invisible anyway. And she was probably influenced in her decisions by NaOnka, I would assume.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LOL purple Kelly was so useless :D:D stupid nickname too.

I know some people really don't like NaOnka, trust me I'd hate to know her in real life, I just found her funny. It's all down to tastes and perception. Nicaragua's my second least favourite season, and NaOnka is one of the few who saved it from bottom place in my rankings, meanwhile others rank it low because of her. Some might even like Nicaragua. Depending on who you like/dislike, and how well they do is what determines how you rank seasons imo. I think a good/bad cast can make/break a season.

No castaway is universally loved/loathed, and no season is universally loved/loathed either (I'm sure someone, somewhere likes Fiji...maybe :p)
  • FiercefanaticFiercefanatic Posts: 3,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Since I've had tons of free-time in this Christmas holiday, I decided I was going to try and speed up my survivor viewing and watch a season per day, and so far I've managed to fit watching every season into 24 hours or less (usually my routine consists of watching the first 2-4 episodes of a season from 11pm-ish til 2am-ish and then continuing watching the whole season for the rest of the day, and I usually end up completing the finale of that season by 11pm/midnight, then I go on to the next season and so on). At first I wasn't really warming to the idea of this, but then I re-discovered a HDMi cable lying around in my house and hooked it up to my HD TV and connected it up with my laptop and then I just watched the season on TV and it felt like I was watching like a live marathon of Survivor or something! :D I started doing this from Gabon, which coincidentally was the first Survivor season to be in HD! :D It's definitely made my Survivor watch better because it 'enhanced my viewing' in a way and enabled me to do other little things whilst it was on the TV, but mainly I just sat there and watched it all continuously.

Now, on to the thing I originally came in here to say :p

I just finished Nicaragua and I think it was probably the worst season I've seen so far since Thailand. Like somebody said before in this thread, the only thing that saved it from being the worst was NaOnka's crazy dramatic antics, the way Jane reacted after she found out she was going to be eliminated at Tribal Council and just Brenda in general :p I didn't really get the Fabio appeal. His novelty 'surfer dude' persona wore off on me after the first few episodes.

I'm about to start Redemption Island now (no spoilers please, I've been lucky enough to go into most seasons without knowing any outcomes and I would like to keep it like that) but I've heard that's generally regarded as the worst season ever (which surprise me because I didn't think it could get any worse than Thailand, which was absolutely dire in every way).

I can't believe I'm nearly done with my Survivor watch. I have 6 seasons left before I know the entirety of Survivor history, which will feel kinda weird since I didn't even know what Survivor was a few months ago :D When I did my BBUSA watch, I did that after watching BB15, but with Survivor I just started straight with Season 1, not knowing what to expect :p

Out of the 21 seasons I've seen so far, I'd rank Micronesia, Heroes vs Villains, Gabon, Pearl Islands and Panama in my top 5. I also thought Samoa, Tocantins, Australia, Borneo and Amazon were pretty enjoyable too. I surprisingly liked Fiji, even though lots of people hate it, but I didn't like Cook Islands at all. Fiji >>>>> Cook Islands IMO.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yay, another NaOnka fan :D:D Her irrational hatred of Kelly B was quite the spectacle...especially when she tackled her for the clue :D

I pretty much agree with most of what you say, except ranking Fiji above Cook Islands :confused: . . .:p. I rank Nicaragua above Fiji.

There were 3 good things about Fiji. 1. Yau-Man, 2.Michelle falling from the platform (so funny) and 3. Lisi falling flat on her face (HATED her). That is all.

The next few seasons are pretty bad, but it definitely picks up.
    Forum Member
    I generally see Fiji as the cast-offs from those that made it on Cook Island, but I do think Fiji is very enjoyable in places. I think when I watch the tribe in luxury where the atmosphere absolutely stinks such as when Stacy and Lisi refuse to help Dreamz and Cassandra make coffee, I think 'this season is truly awful'. But then post merge it becomes one of my favourite seasons.
    I even started to appreciate Stacy, at least for her strategy. It kind of becomes an Abi Maria situation where I feel a bit sorry for her because people think she's this awful person. But Stacy had a much better social game and managed to become the swing vote and switched to the majority alliance a couple of times.

The first episode after the proper merge is possibly my favourite of all time. I've watched it numerous times as the strategies and different motives from the majority of the players is fascinating. Everyone's got their different agendas and people they want off and the most unlikeliest people end up targetted. lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fiji did have that amazing blindside of Eduardo too. I might actually try and re-watch Fiji in the new year, see if my opinion has changed on it. I tried to re-watch Thailand earlier this year and only lasted a couple of episodes.

You might not hate Redemption Island, Fiercefanatic. I think your enjoyment of that season really comes down to how much of a fan you are of
    Boston Rob.

It is a bad season, predictable, with a bunch of bland characters, but it is a
    one man masterclass in how to play Survivor, and as I'm a Boston Rob fan, I can put up with it more than I can say Thailand and Fiji and possibly even Cook Islands.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just want Michelle Yi back. Heroes v Villains 2, as a Hero? She reminded me a lot of Colleen Haskell, she was such a sweetheart.
    Forum Member
    It's interesting what Sylvia on Fiji (the older woman who was a bit of an outcast and pretty useless in challenges) said about Michelle. She said she was the person that was the most unpleasant to her, I think she even used the word 'bully'. Which seems totally out of character really, plus Sylvia seemed to take her rather poor treatment with good grace while she was on the show. She came across as a fairly straight-forward person, not someone to hold unnecessary grudges or make something up.

It does make you question the edit, as I know the show likes its heroes and sweethearts and won't show anything to contradict it. Just like how the winners are usually turned into no-personality gamebots to avoid them being disliked at all and castaways on the same seasons as fan favourites Rupert and James have complained about the overly positive edit they got.

But I've also learnt not to take just one person's word on something, so I still like Michelle. Although since she was quite tough in tasks I can imagine her being frustrated by someone who was incredibly weak in them. I seem to remember a confessional or two where Michelle complained about Sylvia but I can't really remember them too well.
  • The AmbassadorThe Ambassador Posts: 5,631
    Forum Member
    Very sad news.:(

Survivor Contestant Caleb Bankston Dies in Train Accident

http://www.people.com/article/caleb-bankston-survivor-dead-railway-accident-train-derailed
  • Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I heard about Caleb earlier. Really horrible news, I really didn't know what to expect from him after Colton's first run, but he was charming, warm and just seemed like an all round cracking guy. :(

Some of the things I've read on Twitter today in regards to Colton are absolutely horrific by the way. For all the bad things he said and did on the show, some of the things people are saying about him and Caleb today are truely disgraceful. He said some awful things on the show, but for god sake, does anyone deserve that?
  • chrono88chrono88 Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RIP Caleb - I liked him on BVV and was totally expecting him to come back for future seasons. :(
  • TigerpawsTigerpaws Posts: 11,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very sad news about Caleb. He seemed a nice genuine guy.
  • Yobaba**Yobaba** Posts: 4,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RIP Caleb. Seemed like a good natured guy. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very sad news. Caleb was my favourite on BvV. Decent player (the Culpepper vote off is probably one of the best of all time, and Caleb did it single handedly by just putting himself out there), and a genuinely nice guy.