I Have Condensation on the Inside of my Laptop Screen.

Freeview_ViewerFreeview_Viewer Posts: 1,262
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Its at both sides of the screen. How can I clean this if its in the inside of the screen?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• psionicpsionic Posts: 20,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You could try leaving the screen on constantly for several hours (may need to change your sleep/screen saver settings). If it is condensation (and not something else) it should dry itself out. A client once received a new monitor with condensation. But it disappeared after a few hours of warming up.
  • bobcarbobcar Posts: 19,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    psionic wrote: »
    You could try leaving the screen on constantly for several hours (may need to change your sleep/screen saver settings). If it is condensation (and not something else) it should dry itself out. A client once received a new monitor with condensation. But it disappeared after a few hours of warming up.

Yes it should clear by leaving in a warm room. My concern might be that the condensation that is seen on the screen is only part of it, I would be tempted to leave the laptop in a warm room until the condensation disappears as this could cause some damage if the laptop is powered.
  • StigStig Posts: 12,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've seen this on LCD monitors which are stored in cold rooms.

If you leave it on, it might evaporate out. If you can get hold of some silica gel bags you can put it in a sealed bag and try and dry it that way.
  • bobcarbobcar Posts: 19,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stig wrote: »
    I've seen this on LCD monitors which are stored in cold rooms.

Yes it's quite common for devices stored in cold places for example a garage to have condensation, that's why the advice is usually to let electronic equipment "acclimatise" before switching on.

As you said silica gel may speed up the process but it should dry out anyway, it only got condensation because it's been in the cold after being in a hot room.