The Paul O'Grady Show

Comments

• YeraYera Posts: 6,200
    Forum Member
    di60 wrote: »
    I agree, I think Emma was really professional under the circumstances.

Can someone tell me who else has stood in for Paul?

Michael Ball on Monday and i missed it yesterday
  • mrsmoosemrsmoose Posts: 2,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    di60 wrote: »
    I agree, I think Emma was really professional under the circumstances.

Can someone tell me who else has stood in for Paul?

Michael Ball on Monday, Stephen Mullhern yesterday
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I wonder if June Brown was booked before Paul got ill, and when she realised Paul wasn't on today she thought Emma was beneath her.

Ne excuse for rudeness though, miserable old sod :D
  • di60di60 Posts: 5,432
    Forum Member
    Yera wrote: »
    Michael Ball on Monday and i missed it yesterday
    mrsmoose wrote: »
    Michael Ball on Monday, Stephen Mullhern yesterday

Thank You :) I wonder whether it's about to be announced that Peter Andre will be doing a stint
  • nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She doesn't seem that good, maybe she should've done a recorded one?
  • jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She doesn't seem that good, maybe she should've done a recorded one?

Emma has done loads of live TV, but of course, its normally her interviewing the freaks that go in the BB house, and the weirdos from borehamwood
  • di60di60 Posts: 5,432
    Forum Member
    Emma has done loads of live TV, but of course, its normally her interviewing the freaks that go in the BB house, and the weirdos from borehamwood

no change for Emma there then...... I think June Brown came across appallingly
  • BanditaBandita Posts: 3,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mrsmoose wrote: »
    Just came on here to see if anyone else thought that interview was awful. June was very cold and rude, she came across like a really horrible person. You could see Emma was struggling. Didn't envy her at all!

Me too, just wondered what others thought. Emma did an OK job but June was absolutely obnoxious.
  • yorksdaveyorksdave Posts: 3,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Paul O'Grady Show

Without Paul O'Grady! :rolleyes:

Maybe it should be retitled (Not!) The Paul O'Grady Show
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    The Paul O'Grady Show

Without Paul O'Grady! :rolleyes:

The Show ?? :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yeah I've seen her doing the BB one, and she seemed more natural, maybe she isn't comfortable being the desk?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 486
    Forum Member
    Yeah I've seen her doing the BB one, and she seemed more natural, maybe she isn't comfortable being the desk?

I thought she was covering for Paul, not is desk? :D

I thought she did a great job, especially with June who seemed very awkward.
  • AoibheannRoseAoibheannRose Posts: 1,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't see the show today, but June Brown was a right laugh on Graham Norton's show the other night so I'm surprised to hear she came across so badly on Paul's show. Perhaps it was Emma's 'fault' if it was a bad interview rather than June's?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    j10cool10 wrote: »
    I thought she was covering for Paul, not is desk? :D

I thought she did a great job, especially with June who seemed very awkward.

Hehe oops!
  • Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emma Willis seemed fine if not great, the more I see of Drizzle Kicks, the more I dislike them.
    Didn't see June Brown at the start, but I shut my eyes and imagine Albert Steptoe.
  • Andy23Andy23 Posts: 15,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't see the show today, but June Brown was a right laugh on Graham Norton's show the other night so I'm surprised to hear she came across so badly on Paul's show. Perhaps it was Emma's 'fault' if it was a bad interview rather than June's?

She took 5 mins to sit down even before the interview started, messing about taking her coat off in the middle of the stage.
  • TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member
    June Brown was a nightmare from the start... she seemed offended by the stair lift (which is part of the set), then kept faffing about with her outfit and told Emma Willis she was 'useless' when she tried to help with her hat. The interview was very awkward, and June seemed to be talking to the audience rather than the host for most of it!

Probably the highlight was the end game though, when she started doing her own countdown and told everyone to stop and that they were cheating when the klaxon hadn't even sounded! Absolute car crash TV - but it was hilarious. :D Poor Emma though, bet she needed a drink after that!!!
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,102
    Forum Member
    Thought Emma did a wonderful job, can't wait for Jo on Friday
  • frenchie21frenchie21 Posts: 529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jo who? Is it Jo Wiley presenting on Friday?
  • welshfoxywelshfoxy Posts: 6,985
    Forum Member
    frenchie21 wrote: »
    Jo who? Is it Jo Wiley presenting on Friday?

Bet it's Jo Brand
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,102
    Forum Member
    Yep Brand :)
  • hunter23hunter23 Posts: 3,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    can't wait for her fat jokes
  • Nesta RobbinsNesta Robbins Posts: 30,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pothuthic wrote: »
    Thought Emma did a wonderful job, can't wait for Jo on Friday

June was being a right pain, but all credit to Emma who did fine in the hot seat and I think her popularity will continue to soar. This is a fair step up from BB, but she's an absolute natural as a presenter and capable of chatting effortlessly to anyone and everyone, young and old.
  • LilaLila Posts: 6,780
    Forum Member
    Quite surprised what an old bat June Brown was!! Just watching this just now and looked this thread up to see what was being said.
  • yorksdaveyorksdave Posts: 3,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    June Brown is an adequate soap actress but was been a right pain because she was not getting the due deference she thought she deserved, no doubt Paul would have been all over her and she would have behaved like a half decent human being.