Corrie: James Redmond cast as new love interest for Michelle Connor

Comments

• lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OH DEAR! I can't stand Michelle as it is, this all sounds so awful!
  • HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Life imitating art for Kym Marsh then!
  • DDRickyDDDDRickyDD Posts: 5,247
    Forum Member
    A character having an affair. It's good to see Coronation Street are being creative and thinking of fresh storylines. :rollseyes:
  • H of De VilH of De Vil Posts: 26,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stuart Blackburn: Get out now. You tenure has been the WORST EVER!!
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just... why?

There is no need for this :-/
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thrilling.

Said absolutely no one *roll eyes*

(except you at the back who is going to pipe up "oi! don't you talk for all us!" lol!)
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,258
    Forum Member
    DDRickyDD wrote: »
    A character having an affair. It's good to see Coronation Street are being creative and thinking of fresh storylines. :rollseyes:

What on earth are you talking about? An affair is in a soap's DNA. It's bread & butter for a soap. Same as births, deaths & marriages.
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,644
    Forum Member
    I like him. I can't quite see him and her together somehow, though. More to the point, why on earth would a guy from the West Country be called Hamish?
  • sam_geesam_gee Posts: 48,855
    Forum Member
    Perhaps she won't actually have an affair, but just be tempted because Steve's depression makes him push her away. I thought SB saw Steve and Michelle as the new Jack & Vera/Stan & Hilda - but it looks like they could split up :( ;-)
  • MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member
    Strangest news ever.
  • RiDsTeRRiDsTeR Posts: 12,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It'll be nice to see James Redmond back on our screens.
  • Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,569
    Forum Member
    Poor Steve. :( Talk about kicking him while he's down.
  • T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have my doubts Michelle will actually cheat. I think she will just be tempted whilst Steve is suffering with his depression. Plus, it is Corrie law that Steve McDonald is never cheated on even when the woman in question is out of his league and would have every reason to cheat on such a inept bloke :D. He usually does the cheating ;-).
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    I don't know what to say.

But if this means an end to Steve and Michelle and she does a runner I'm all for it.
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stuart Blackburn: Get out now. You tenure has been the WORST EVER!!

Bloody Awful, I wonder what Tony Warren thinks?
  • Lisa_CharleneLisa_Charlene Posts: 4,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The good thing with this story will be if steve and Michelle split up and he gets a new girlfriend. I would like him to be paired with Carla just so she could be land lady of the rovers.
  • Rob1985Rob1985 Posts: 5,193
    Forum Member
    She won't sleep with him.
  • HankshawHankshaw Posts: 4,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's an insult to those with depression and the people close to them. How much longer will Blackburn's reign of terror continue?
  • Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The good thing with this story will be if steve and Michelle split up and he gets a new girlfriend. I would like him to be paired with Carla just so she could be land lady of the rovers.

No, with Leanne, please. She and Steve have known one another for years and she has worked in the pub.

Hankshaw wrote: »
    It's an insult to those with depression and the people close to them. How much longer will Blackburn's reign of terror continue?

Absolutely.
  • Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    Mel94 wrote: »
    Poor Steve. :( Talk about kicking him while he's down.

Aw I know, this was my first thought when I read this
  • boxer1988boxer1988 Posts: 1,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If he's only going to be there for three weeks, nothing much will happen.

Stuart Blackburn keeps saying that Steve's storyline is also a simple love story between Steve and Michelle so I can't see there being any cheating.
  • david_leewarddavid_leeward Posts: 2,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is anyone bored of these affair storylines?? I'm sick of them
  • ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    T.K. Mazin wrote: »
    I have my doubts Michelle will actually cheat. I think she will just be tempted whilst Steve is suffering with his depression. Plus, it is Corrie law that Steve McDonald is never cheated on even when the woman in question is out of his league and would have every reason to cheat on such a inept bloke :D. He usually does the cheating ;-).

An excuse for more adulation of Michelle methinks. Poor Michelle spurned by Steve. Awwwww. Lovely Michelle wearing short skirts all the time now. Pwoarrrrr.

See? She appeals to everyone now!
    Sad. Awwww.
    Legs out. Pwoarrrr.
    You WILL like Michelle Connor.
    k9fan wrote: »
    No, with Leanne, please. She and Steve have known one another for years and she has worked in the pub.

Absolutely.

Leanne for the Rovers! Get Steve away from his stagnating relationship.
    boxer1988 wrote: »
    If he's only going to be there for three weeks, nothing much will happen.

Stuart Blackburn keeps saying that Steve's storyline is also a simple love story between Steve and Michelle so I can't see there being any cheating.

a simple love story :o:o:o Get the violins out. Play the theme from Love Story. Or even better pass the sick bucket.

A simple love story? *ROLLEYES*
  • grazemytvaddictgrazemytvaddict Posts: 4,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another hypocrite on the street to do with Steve and Peter having an affair. I love how in soaps especially in coronation street and hollyoaks at the moment morals and personality go out the window when the storyline needs it.

So the first storyline in ages that doesn't involve some sort of affair is now going to involve but I shouldn't be surprised should I.
  • boxer1988boxer1988 Posts: 1,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ewoodie wrote: »
    a simple love story :o:o:o Get the violins out. Play the theme from Love Story. Or even better pass the sick bucket.

A simple love story? *ROLLEYES*

Apparently, it's also an 'uplifting' love story. :p

"Fundamentally what I wanted to do is tell what will hopefully be a really positive, uplifting love story between Michelle and Steve." http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s3/coronation-street/scoop/a601569/coronation-street-spoiler-video-depressed-steve-confides-in-a-doctor.html#~oUgKKJ41imAxvp