[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,030
    Forum Member
    Totally agree, and well written post.:)
  • Options
    robertaloud30robertaloud30 Posts: 3,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JohnHughes wrote: »
    She wants public sympathy, but has none for the people she shared the hospital with - all she did was complain about them.

well she did say a lot of the staff were nice in the lorraine interview..and not all awful..although not sure if she meant the patients too..and she said she didnt feel she was mentally ill enough (not sure of correct term) to be put in there..and the dr agreed who came to see her?
  • Options
    stash22stash22 Posts: 5,370
    Forum Member
    I used to have a lot of sympathy for Gail with regard to her alopecia and Bipolar problems until I heard her make a really unpleasant and ignorant remark about people with ME on The Wright Stuff.

What did she say?

With regards to her private stay at that clinic, I have a feeling she got in free or reduced in return for her promoting it, so that might explain why she's doing these interviews, she's made a point of stating the name of it in all her interviews and their website advertises the fact she stayed there.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stash22 wrote: »
    With regards to her private stay at that clinic, I have a feeling she got in free or reduced in return for her promoting it, so that might explain why she's doing these interviews, she's made a point of stating the name of it in all her interviews and their website advertises the fact she stayed there.
    It all makes sense now. Make the NHS sound completely dire to get media attention, but hey everyone this private service in Thailand is BRILLIANT. Pay cheque for interviews - pay off Thai clinic. Just wonderful.
  • Options
    yorkiegalyorkiegal Posts: 18,929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the standard of acute psychiatric wards can vary tremendously around the country. I spent time on one and had similiar feelings to Gail when it came to the other patients. It can be very scary to be in a dorm room with someone who is highly paranoid or hearing voices when you yourself are very depressed and just needing peace and quiet. It doesn't mean that you don't sympathise with those other patients though. My local hospital has just decided to merge it's two acute wards with the third one which is for patients needing more care. When I was an inpatient the infamous Ward 3 was where the violent patients went. Now they will be mixed with the other patients which is not good for anyone including them.
    I hope Gail is recovering well and I'll be interested to see her talk about her experiences more in the future.