Options

The Mysterious Sony BDP-S490

Anybody know anything about it or got any more info? (Other than the info on the website)

http://www.sony.co.uk/product/blu-ray-disc-player/bdp-s490

I got it on order but struggling to find any more other than as I said the website

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 482
    Forum Member
    Its £130, its in Currys, its 3D and it doesn't have built in WiFI.
  • Options
    nvingonvingo Posts: 8,619
    Forum Member
    The 480 is still that price in Currys near me.
  • Options
    JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    I know it's 3D (Main reason why I picked it) Found out too that you can get Harry Potter part 1 and 2 (final film) for free on Blu-Ray3D if you fill in the claim form (and send a copy of your receipt) Might aswell claim a freebie when I get it of course ;)

Just not sure why there seems to be such a lack of info really about it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Its being sold on Play.com, Very.co.uk, Comet.co.uk, Currys/Dixons/PCWorld.co.uk, Amazon.co.uk and you linked to its page on Sony.co.uk

What more information could you need? Its not secretly a toaster or an aeroplane on the weekends, its a £130 3D Blu-ray player without WiFi, take it or leave it.
  • Options
    JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    Arkudos wrote: »
    Its being sold on Play.com, Very.co.uk, Comet.co.uk, Currys/Dixons/PCWorld.co.uk, Amazon.co.uk and you linked to its page on Sony.co.uk

What more information could you need? Its not secretly a toaster or an aeroplane on the weekends, its a £130 3D Blu-ray player without WiFi, take it or leave it.

Lack of reviews. Of course I going to take it. Always like to have a little peek of what to expect for my money.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    But its not 'mysterious', its brand new. Play.com have it as being released tomorrow so its not even 'fully' released.