Jack Wills hoodies

5hane5hane Posts: 2,385
Forum Member
✭✭✭
At what age should you stop wearing them?
Not if you like them, or what you think of the quality, just what you think the age limit should be.

Comments

• tortfeasortortfeasor Posts: 7,000
    Forum Member
    Well, they are just a brand. It was a brand that was gaining popularity with university students when I was at university in the early 2000s. I thought it was overrated then and still do.

I also couldn't understand why someone who is normally brilliant at 'cutting the crap' (my best mate) was taken in and spent a ridiculous price on buying a university hoodie when he could have just bought a very plain and boring looking one, which this particular hoodie was, for a fraction of the price.

If people are wearing them because they think it's 'trendy' or whatever, then the age limit should be 21! Grow up and develop your own sense of style, not what you think is 'trendy.'

If people are wearing them for reasons such as quality, which you appeared to delimit from your question, then whatever age I guess. I find it dubious that most over-25s would be wearing Jack Wills hoodies for instance; by then they'd have probably realised you can buy the same thing from somewhere else for less.
  • ChateauMarmontChateauMarmont Posts: 2,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can wear them at any age. Although I think the stuff with Jack Wills massively wrote isn't really appealing to older people.

I'm 29 and love the Jack Wills brand, I don't tend to buy the stuff with the name plastered all over it though, just the subtle stuff with a small logo or something. The clothes suit me and are my style, although the hoodies I have just have a little thing in the corner of the jumper.

If I was doing a proper cut off...I'd say 35 for hoodies with the name massive on it, and even then that's just someone wearing it to go get a paper on a Sunday morning!
  • Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm almost 27. I used to have a few bits from Jack Will's, but I stopped wearing their stuff when I was about 23 I think. I wouldn't be seen dead in any of their stuff now. It used to be quite fashionable to have Jack Will's clothes when you were at University, however now it's associated with chavs. I do have a grey Jack Wills hoodie that I stole off a friend!! But I only wear it around the house if I'm hungover! Their clothes are way, way overpriced. Holister are a lot better, however once again every chav and their mother is wearing Hollister. Abercrombie is the best quality (they make Holister too). Abercrombie is expensive but the quality is better.
  • 5hane5hane Posts: 2,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the input. All great answeres.
    I was looking to buy a hoodie and really liked the look of the subtly branded Wills one i spotted, but it sounds like I'm not going to get away with it now I've hit 40. Shame really because I like the look and generally get away with similar clothes, possibly because I look young for my age.
    Perhaps I'll stick with White Stuff or Crew rather than risk getting funny looks.
  • 5hane5hane Posts: 2,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So after all that I purchased a JW hoodie. Why? Well Hollister was dreadfull, too dark so no idea what anything looks like and Abercrombie was fine for stick insects.
    I walked into JW's. great customer service, live music and discount on my university staff card!! Guess they though this 40 year old was a 20 yea old :)
    Anyway, the hoodie was the best in town. Fine quality, not too heavy, slim fit (not skinny though)' and the logos were really subtle. Loads of the customers trying stuff on we're my age.
    Best of all my nieces thought it looked cool.
    Certainly the place to buy a hoodie :)