Comments

• ~Jane~~Jane~ Posts: 2,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deleted
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's no need for me to watch the football. I have one person who is updating his status for every goal along with the "GET IN "country name" or "LOL "country name" ARE GETTING WELL BEAT.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    redrose89 wrote: »
    There's no need for me to watch the football. I have one person who is updating his status for every goal along with the "GET IN "country name" or "LOL "country name" ARE GETTING WELL BEAT.

I also have someone doing that :o
  • shmiskshmisk Posts: 7,963
    Forum Member
    As every year the Father's Day status do my head in
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    redrose89 wrote: »

I have one who is convinced she is the only female on the whole planet enjoying the football. Status' that say "going to have a beer and watch the football. Yes I'm a girl who likes football, if that makes me manly then who cares" are utterly yawn-worthy.

She is also posting inane updates about the matches but my husband finds these funny as she actually knows very little about football.
  • bookaddictbookaddict Posts: 2,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have one who is convinced she is the only female on the whole planet enjoying the football. Status' that say "going to have a beer and watch the football. Yes I'm a girl who likes football, if that makes me manly then who cares" are utterly yawn-worthy.

She is also posting inane updates about the matches but my husband finds these funny as she actually knows very little about football.

I'd be tempted to reply, "Nobody cares, so you don't have to keep telling us."
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,549
    Forum Member
    Just put this on another thread ... A card has popped up for a happy fathers day from ........... the Bump :o Why???

Also one ranting about how bad her childrens dad is and giving a pat on the back to all mum's who have had to be father's. This is the woman who set the family home on fire a few years back >:(
  • carlos_jacksoncarlos_jackson Posts: 168
    Forum Member
    Someone wrote on my Facebook: My car has lost reverse, I don't know why the exhaust has stopped sucking air in.
  • Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    Someone on mine went to the seaside yesterday. Today shes uploaded photos of the tattoos she and her partner got. Been together a matter of months and already being engaged wasnt enough so they got each others names tattood on themselves! Why do people do this?

Also uploaded was a photo of her 5 year old son with his "idol" charlotte crosby from geordie shore. What kind of a 5 year old watches such adult crap as geordie shore?
  • saffron_starsaffron_star Posts: 789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2 statuses from my sister today extolling the virtues of her marvellous husband and how great a dad he is to their daughter.
    Shame she forgot her own dad, not a card or phone call or anything.
    She also seems to have forgotten her other 3 children, who have all been brought up by my mum and don't even know who their respective dads are.
    Talk about rubbing it in! Idiot.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's a woman on my fb, single mum with 2 kids. Always comes across pretty well although I knew her at school and she's not the sharpest tool in the box.

She only ever dates black men and I saw the other day she was 'in a relationship' so had a nosy and sure enough it's a Nigerian bloke. Bizarrely, she only befriended him on fb a couple of weeks ago and has now changed her surname to his, and has gone from 'in a relationship' to 'married' which must be a bit tricky as he is in Nigeria and she's never met him. I sense trouble ahead. :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    poppycat wrote: »
    There's a woman on my fb, single mum with 2 kids. Always comes across pretty well although I knew her at school and she's not the sharpest tool in the box.

She only ever dates black men and I saw the other day she was 'in a relationship' so had a nosy and sure enough it's a Nigerian bloke. Bizarrely, she only befriended him on fb a couple of weeks ago and has now changed her surname to his, and has gone from 'in a relationship' to 'married' which must be a bit tricky as he is in Nigeria and she's never met him. I sense trouble ahead. :o

It could be worse, he could have been the poor Nigerian astronaut that's been stuck in space for the last few years because no one can help him raise the many thousands needed to get back. At least her new bloke is probably a Nigerian prince who only needs a few thousand to help him get his fortune back.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done to my little boy for doing a poo in the toilet for the first time! -poor child.

Also reading status' saying "I've done the cooking, hoovering, hung the washing out, ironed the clothes, dusted, changed the beds, went shopping, cut the grass" who cares, do you want a medal!
  • rmclootrmcloot Posts: 81
    Forum Member
    There's a woman on my Facebook who always refers to her other half as gayface and any mention of him is usually an attempt to embarrass him. This was her latest status about him

"Happy fathers day to gayface, the only regret I have of having a child with you is that he seems to have picked up not 1 or 2 but all 100 of your annoying habits 🙈 but then he also has 101 of your good traits , dont know where the big willy came from right enough ? xx"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I also get annoyed if it says proud mommy in their name! Or for example joeandgrace bozzy! Get separate profiles fgs!
  • cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    The funniest facebook thing for me is those who put their kids names as a middle name, Then they have another and facebook tells them they can't change the name on the account more than a certain amount of times
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    There's a page called "F*ck relationships, I'm single", but actually every status on the page is usually moaning about being single, missing someone in their life etc... :confused:
  • maidinscotlandmaidinscotland Posts: 5,648
    Forum Member
    A girl in my work is constantly posting pictures of her children looking cute obviously to gain 'likes'. Tonight she posted a pic of a girl walking along the beach with her dad and the caption 'Dear Daddy, I may find a prince someday but you will always be my King'. I commented 'Bleurrgh' (couldn't help myself) and she has deleted my comment lol

Edit - Hubby not happy at all that I posted that comment in the first place, says I was out of order (even though he agrees it was vomit inducing), do you think I should have kept schtum?
  • Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone i know has started giving us daily updates of what happens at his work place. Most of his statuses are work related and i'm sure he's lost a few jobs in the past because of these kind of updates!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A girl in my work is constantly posting pictures of her children looking cute obviously to gain 'likes'. Tonight she posted a pic of a girl walking along the beach with her dad and the caption 'Dear Daddy, I may find a prince someday but you will always be my King'. I commented 'Bleurrgh' (couldn't help myself) and she has deleted my comment lol

Edit - Hubby not happy at all that I posted that comment in the first place, says I was out of order (even though he agrees it was vomit inducing), do you think I should have kept schtum?

No, why should you have not posted it? It was a harmful comment at the over sickly post. Not like it was a malicious comment. I think your Husband is being a little over sensitive to the other persons feelings lol!
  • AngelathersAngelathers Posts: 128
    Forum Member
    Ella Nut wrote: »
    Reason 647 why I am glad not to have a Facebook account - I have no desire to plaster my private life (there is a reason it is called your private life surely) all over the internet for "friends" to see. I realise nobody HAS to do this but it really does sadden me that others feel the need to behave this way. No good can come of it.

You are spot on. No good appears to come from it.
  • Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    poppycat wrote: »

Someone I went to school with married a bloke from Ghana. 3 months after they were married, he did a runner.
    You could sort of see it coming, but hoped you were wrong.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 375
    Forum Member
    Shadow2009 wrote: »
    Someone on my friends list copies and pastes statuses like this from another group (an awful, awful "anti-benefits" group) every single day. I've tried to hide his posts but because people "like" them, they're visible on my news feed. Ugh.

God help any of them if they loose their jobs through redundancy or whatever, and need to claim. People like that annoy me.
  • shmiskshmisk Posts: 7,963
    Forum Member
    Why do people put 'lol' at the end of every status?
    If it's funny I will laugh

But things like 'put the bins out lol' or 'had pizza lol'

Forgive me for not pissing myself
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    "Ma man, dead handsome" then there's a picture of her weedy boyfriend in a wife beater shirt. What a lady killer.