Xbox preview programme for X1

Comments

• crimez83crimez83 Posts: 333
    Forum Member
    sparky2005 wrote: »
    I still havent received anything
    sparky51270

Apart from NewGamesOfToday, I don't think anyone has. Perhaps because a preview build has just been released, Microsoft aren't adding any more people to the program until the official update is rolled out. Plus, there is no guarantee you'll get on to it anyway.
  • ukpukp Posts: 480
    Forum Member
    crimez83 wrote: »
    Apart from NewGamesOfToday, I don't think anyone has. Perhaps because a preview build has just been released, Microsoft aren't adding any more people to the program until the official update is rolled out. Plus, there is no guarantee you'll get on to it anyway.

MS are still inviting people so I guess it's either I wasn't suitable, I'm way down the list or possibly they are ignoring requests from people who are inviting loads of people?

but we will never know :(
  • smcbeathsmcbeath Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully they are doing it in waves, I cant see them rejecting all of you. Hopefully someone will get in and report back.

Or maybe it is just me, wait and see if the guys/girls that gds has requested get in before you guys/girls.
  • gds1972gds1972 Posts: 6,613
    Forum Member
    I think a better wording for the preview app would be Nominate a friend and not Invite a friend.

smcbeath I hope the people I invited actually post back to let us all know if they get in.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 93
    Forum Member
    i'm in! no notification, i only found out when i went to xbox preview dashboard then Quests at the bottom where you will find the media player & boot to tv options. so far i've tried 2 HDDS both fat32 my generic usb 2.0 320GB HDD works, while my seagate usb 3.0 2tb fails to be found.
  • ukpukp Posts: 480
    Forum Member
    i'm in! no notification, i only found out when i went to xbox preview dashboard then Quests at the bottom where you will find the media player & boot to tv options. so far i've tried 2 HDDS both fat32 my generic usb 2.0 320GB HDD works, while my seagate usb 3.0 2tb fails to be found.

Thats great news, thanks for posting gives the rest of us hope :)

But I am confused, what do you mean you only found out by going to the preview dashboard, how did you know you had the preview dashboard?
    Forum Member
    ukp wrote: »
    Thats great news, thanks for posting gives the rest of us hope :)

But I am confused, what do you mean you only found out by going to the preview dashboard, how did you know you had the preview dashboard?

sorry i meant that i knew i had the preview app but my enrollment was pending for a day or so and even after i was successfully enrolled i had no software updates or notifications to indicate i was able to test any new features etc

also does anyone know why my seagate hdd is not being recognised?
    Forum Member
    Sorry to spam/ answer my own question, if anyone's hdd is not working go in to your pc/mac and make sure your hdd is active in the disk management settings so your xb1 can read it.
    Forum Member
    gds1972 wrote: »
    I think a better wording for the preview app would be Nominate a friend and not Invite a friend.

smcbeath I hope the people I invited actually post back to let us all know if they get in.

It would be nice to receive some kind of recognition than an Invite has been received, your services aren't needed, etc. Without sounding nerdy its getting frustrating checking on a daily basis to find nothing!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can check what your latest is by going into -

dashboard
    settings
    console info
    OS version - ( xb_rel_1409.140817-2200 )

well that's my current status anyway.

If you are in the beta but you don't have the media player preview, plug your usb hdd into the back of your xbox usb port, I think there was problems with the side port. Might have been fixed by now?

I rip my hd-dvd and blu rays to hard drive. Doesn't play my hd-dvd and it plays the intro/ads to universal soldier blu ray but not the movie.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The side USB port worked fine for me last night when I tried the Media Player Preview for the first time.
  • Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    Matt D wrote: »
    The side USB port worked fine for me last night when I tried the Media Player Preview for the first time.

Thats strange as my X1 simply refuses to see any device plugged into the side one except the controller USB cable.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »

I read that on another forum before the media player was available to download. When you plugged it in the back usb port it forced the app download. Looks like they have fixed that then. Not enough ports on my X1 now.

Wheel
    usb controller charger
    usb hdd for games
    usb hdd for movies

Here is hoping that there will be a digital slim X1 in the future, no hdd and blu ray drive, plus more usb ports.
  • Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    I certainly wont be part of a digital only future.
  • Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    smcbeath wrote: »
    You can check what your latest is by going into -

dashboard
    settings
    console info
    OS version - ( xb_rel_1409.140817-2200 )

Is that the latest beta version? It's what mine current says.

Anytime I go into the Xbox Preview Registration app it just says "Join" and when I click on it I then get told I will get a system message soon. To be honest I think I joined already as I recall filling out more details before.

Any idea how to actually check if your in or not?

If I am in, where do I find the media player app?
  • gds1972gds1972 Posts: 6,613
    Forum Member
    Red Arrow wrote: »
    Is that the latest beta version? It's what mine current says.

Anytime I go into the Xbox Preview Registration app it just says "Join" and when I click on it I then get told I will get a system message soon. To be honest I think I joined already as I recall filling out more details before.

Any idea how to actually check if your in or not?

If I am in, where do I find the media player app?

Yes this is the beta version.

As for the Preview Registration app does you one offer you quests to complete etc? If not then there is another app you need to download but I can't tell you the exact name as I'm at work but if you look on the Xbox preview forum you should be able to find details there.
    Forum Member
    Well I'm going to assume I didn't get in, it's been nearly 2 weeks now and got nada. If anyone fancies chucking another invite at me (GT: dcdingo) then please do but I'm not going to keep badgering people! I'll just use my xbox like some common pauper rather than living it up with the chosen ones! :-D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gds1972 wrote: »
    Yes this is the beta version.

As for the Preview Registration app does you one offer you quests to complete etc? If not then there is another app you need to download but I can't tell you the exact name as I'm at work but if you look on the Xbox preview forum you should be able to find details there.

Thanks! Just looked at the messages MS sent me in the past and seen one with a link to the app, downloading now.
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Downloaded the new Preview Dashboard. Completed a few surveys. Felt a bit redundant on one of them as it was about Upload and I don't make game clips (other than the automatic ones from FIFA) or even watch that many.
    Will do some Quests over the weekend.

I'll go through the list as well and send invites for anyone not already in.
    Forum Member
    Downloaded the new Preview Dashboard. Completed a few surveys. Felt a bit redundant on one of them as it was about Upload and I don't make game clips (other than the automatic ones from FIFA) or even watch that many.
    Will do some Quests over the weekend.

I'll go through the list as well and send invites for anyone not already in.

Ta muchly :-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of the preview forums -

Current OS Version: xb_rel_1409.140819-2200

Available: 8/21 6PM PDT (8/22 2AM GMT)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You know when you do something, and straight away you regret doing it.

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/diablo-iii-ultimate-evil-edition-22-10-xbox-one-preview-program-required-xbox-com-1983216?page=4#post22622447

Diablo 3 - £22.10

People have been doing the same thing with American accounts since day 1, so don't know if they will swing ban hammer my way. One of the cons of going all digital, I lose everything, lol

You need to be part of the preview to exploit it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    smcbeath wrote: »
    You know when you do something, and straight away you regret doing it.

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/diablo-iii-ultimate-evil-edition-22-10-xbox-one-preview-program-required-xbox-com-1983216?page=4#post22622447

Diablo 3 - £22.10

People have been doing the same thing with American accounts since day 1, so don't know if they will swing ban hammer my way. One of the cons of going all digital, I lose everything, lol

You need to be part of the preview to exploit it.

I did it for Plants vs Zombies from the US store and had no issue.

I don't think MS will bring down the ban hammer, as I mean at the end of the day they are still getting paid. It's not like your pirating the game. If anything I think they will just attempt to block this from happening again in the future if they do want to do something.

Imagine if they did ban anyone who has done this, the PR nightmare that would follow would be interesting.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope so, just read one of the latest posts on hot deals and they say the hong kong marketplace doesn't launch till sept 23:blush:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just got a missed call from my banks fraud department, I wonder what they want:D