The Alexandra Burke Appreciation Thread (Part 8)

SupportSupport Posts: 70,496
Administrator

Comments

• iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    YAS!! Part 8! I got worried then seeing the ABAT with a lock on it :cool:
  • gelbma0991gelbma0991 Posts: 4,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woo new part! Let's hope it brings us joy and great chart sucess with LIG :p:D

I have been jamming to it SO much, it's officially one of my top tracks of hers now!
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Switch it uuuuuuuup...part 8 yes lol :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That rehearsal video proves that she didn't mime that performance as some people tried to say...she had minimal backing vocals tbh...

I wonder what that guitar track was that came on straight after??? A possible album track?
    Forum Member
    Maybe....but it was flawless, I hate the BBC cameramen, they always move the shots to the crowd in choreo performances, they did it for Bey at glasto on END OF TIME :eek: and at the bloody dance break! :sleep: Not here for that mess ;) If Alex took that performance globally she'd smash. We do know what we mean when we say she's better than Bey. Bey is good but Alex can move better IMO, Bey just has lots of practice.
  • ShoedShoed Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    Alex is performing on The Voice (Ireland version) on Sunday at 6:30pm YASSS!
    Forum Member
    Thanks for that info Shoed!! YES!!! :D
  • FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    Shoed wrote: »

This sunday? Why's that? It's a month till Let It Go... Maybe she's performing Elephant though
    Forum Member
    This sunday? Why's that? It's a month till Let It Go... Maybe she's performing Elephant though

No It's Let It Go :)

and that's good, it'll create a buzz for the single :) Not many people have heard it.
    Forum Member
    According to DS, Alexandra is co-hosting the JLS tour, so it'll be a joint tour :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Woah...if she's got a slot on that then hopefully her chances of getting on the UK version have gone way way up...fingers crossed...the UK version has high ratings so it would be perfect...:D
    Forum Member
    Imagine... Slot on Irish Voice, Slot on UK Voice and Slot on BGT... I'd be slayed !
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Imagine... Slot on Irish Voice, Slot on UK Voice and Slot on BGT... I'd be slayed !

That would be the type of killer promo that could get Let It Go close to #1 :D
    Forum Member
    Oh btw that person who was talking about the Usher and Alex duet in the last ABAT PART 7 - He was right, Usher's 2nd single is very dancey so I'm beginning to believe it more and more.
    Forum Member
    Oh btw that person who was talking about the Usher and Alex duet in the last ABAT PART 7 - He was right, Usher's 2nd single is very dancey so I'm beginning to believe it more and more.

Where is it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I heard it....but I'm not sure Usher's next single will be an uptempo...HOWEVER...his sound is also very 90s even the new single which totally matches up with what Alexandra is doing...:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    I'd love for AB to do a video that focused soley on her dancing like a Janet "Miss Jackson if ur nasty" or a ciara video. She really is a great dancer.
    Check out Sean Bankhead really cool choreographer.
    Alex or any of ur ppl scrolling the thread nab him please!!!!! * begs on bended knees*

Sean Bankhead werk! His utube page is itsseanbankhead
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Xvzdy4oqqLo

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5GZRZosw0CI

I'm really not comfortable with Alex's management, some of their actions are really incompetent. Alex needs to be more ruthless n be about her business n get her house in order I call for new management. Nicki dumped diddy n look global superstar n bey got rid of her dad. Brandy got rid of her mum n look she has a buzz around her right now. I'm just saying
    Forum Member
    Happy she's gonna be on the voice Ireland!!! Get that international promo hunny! Hope she gets a slot on the UK version!!!

Imagine Alex on the Letterman show or the VMAs...America would be left bald!! Because baby girl would snatch wigs n then some!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree Alexandra desperately needs to dump her mis-management and push for a US launch...not sure if it will happen though...
    Forum Member
    Zack06 wrote: »
    I agree Alexandra desperately needs to dump her mis-management and push for a US launch...not sure if it will happen though...

Loool @ Mis-management, they are exactly that. She needs a team that are checking the blogs, are upto speed with trends n what's popular, I mean why isn't Alex on any of those vevo series' like stylised on that lift thing?

They are so slow off the mark...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shayeeee wrote: »
    Loool @ Mis-management, they are exactly that. She needs a team that are checking the blogs, are upto speed with trends n what's popular, I mean why isn't Alex on any of those vevo series' like stylised on that lift thing?

They are so slow off the mark...

It's the best way to describe their foolishness lol..

Her management are so so lacking....they should be getting her VEVO featured videos I totally agree, plus adverts, endorsements and most of all they should be drumming up hype by having her featured on blogs more frequently...and releasing teaser videos and running constant PR stories to the press about who she is working with on her new album and getting people to praise her in the press etc...

There is so much wrong...but Alex is doing the best she can...I just hope LIG gets the charting it deserves...
    Forum Member
    The cover on this video looks pretty good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4vm51f8LX4&feature=related
    Forum Member
    I mean the basic stuff they should cover they are not, I'm not even talking about extra carefully marketed and strategised promotional slots. She needs to cover all bases, the young, adult contemporary, she should really go on jools holland show her deep contralto is devine and urban radio. I'd love for like Burke Monday's where the previous week ppl tweet her songs they'd love her to cover n she does. She could do them in her bathroom. Soo much more they could do to drum up a buzz n remind everyone how amazing she is.

I like her Huffington post blog that's real cute.

On a positive note I truly adore let it go and I'm loving the video loads now!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    woo part 8! I agree with all the talk above me about her management. I am so excited she is on The Voice of Ireland this weekend. I just hope the BBC see it and realise they NEED her on the UK version! And then ofc BGT would top it all off :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    woo part 8! I agree with all the talk above me about her management. I am so excited she is on The Voice of Ireland this weekend. I just hope the BBC see it and realise they NEED her on the UK version! And then ofc BGT would top it all off :D

Yeah I think her being on The Voice Ireland is really encouraging for a possible UK slot...let's hope she's secured it...plus BGT would be brilliant on top of that :D
This discussion has been closed.