Four in a Bed - new series, Mon 18 June, ch4, 5pm

Comments

• jamtamarajamtamara Posts: 2,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tommo781 wrote: »
    Thanks Solarsail.

Sounds brilliant and it's probably going to be a lovely hot day for you. :) I envy you your social whirl. Still, I go on a lot of holidays, so there!

Some of them in caravans, I have to say.

I'm even game to try a yurt - sounds quite exotic - though not in a puddle. I expect you get them if there are no inside loos. Ooh, it's peegate all over again.
  • ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He did make a wee skooshy sound effect noise when he wanted the WD40 which makes me think it wasn't a first :D
    Looks like there'll be some fireworks soon enough but then he'll have a fire blanket & a bucket of sand to solve that problem.

Is it bad that I immediately knew what he ment by the skooshy noise?:o
    He does seem like he views Harry Enfields' "You don't want to do that" character as a role model:D
  • jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    idiot_box wrote: »
    Please, can someome who runs this website PLEASE STOP the pop up ads on the top right hand screen from appearing. It obscures the page selection/ back/ forward options, AND IS EXTREMELY ANNOYING!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers

If you're on IE8, try using InPrivate Filtering (from 'Safety' at top right). I'm trying it at the moment, and it's stopped all the holds-up you get when an ad is trying to communicate with its server.

Only two problems, so far as I can see:

1. It stops nearly all ads, which wasn't my intention.

2. You have to turn it on every time you open IE8. There's a registry edit to make it always open, but I don't believe in touching the registry.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shrike wrote: »
    Is it bad that I immediately knew what he ment by the skooshy noise?:o
    He does seem like he views Harry Enfields' "You don't want to do that" character as a role model:D

:D No coincidence that he has been put with the yurt people. Not even "A home from home"! However, the girl-woman has twisted him around her little finger so far.
  • NormandieNormandie Posts: 4,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well it certainly looks as if there's plenty of opportunity for conflict this week - both on screen and me shouting at tv as the boorish guy gets woman to do a twirl so he can look at her bum... and she does :eek:... and as WD40 man proclaims his opinions. Was he drunk? :confused:

I quite like yurts... but they must get horribly damp in the sort of summer we've just had. No matter how posh the furnishings, if the bedding feels damp when you get in... :(
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Normandie wrote: »
    ....as the boorish guy gets woman to do a twirl so he can look at her bum... and she does :eek:...

Must admit I thought that was all a bit strange.

She stood up (as he asked her to) and then told her to go and "stand over there and turn round" :eek:

I would have slapped him
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So would I, BG! I suppose it all comes down to what you're prepared to do when you're on tele.

And another boorish man remark that irked me - on seeing the room he said, I think, "impressive". Or a similar adjective indicating admiration. Then he quickly changed it to "adequate".

Yes, too late, mate - we know you were impressed. :rolleyes:

I suspect the production team were thrilled with this week's lineup.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    daisydee wrote: »
    Refresh the page and it will move out of the way, :D

Thanks Daisy:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jsmith99 wrote: »
    If you're on IE8, try using InPrivate Filtering (from 'Safety' at top right). I'm trying it at the moment, and it's stopped all the holds-up you get when an ad is trying to communicate with its server.

Only two problems, so far as I can see:

1. It stops nearly all ads, which wasn't my intention.

2. You have to turn it on every time you open IE8. There's a registry edit to make it always open, but I don't believe in touching the registry.

Thanks to you too JS:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Must admit I thought that was all a bit strange.

She stood up (as he asked her to) and then told her to go and "stand over there and turn round" :eek:

I would have slapped him

I know! And she did it. She must be like Ivy's husband - do anything it takes to get her mug and other bits (:eek: in his case) on television. I bet this yurt business is all a flash in the (non-existent haha) pan to get on the programme.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PS: Normandie can I have the ice cream recipe please?
    Yes, and I've just PM-ed it to you.

I think I've sent the recipe to everyone that has asked - both on here and by PM - but if I've missed anyone, it's not deliberate! so just send me a(nother!) PM. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    Please, can someome who runs this website PLEASE STOP the pop up ads on the top right hand screen from appearing. It obscures the page selection/ back/ forward options, AND IS EXTREMELY ANNOYING!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers

Try using chrome as your web browser. I've been using it for years & have never seen what you speak of.
  • gboygboy Posts: 4,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So far the women all seem OK, but the men (apart from Norrie) ought to be lined up and individually pushed off a very high cliff...
  • jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks to you too JS:)

Not at all. As I said, I've used it for a few days. If it doesn't do what I want, I'm chaging to Firefox.
  • Purple OrchidPurple Orchid Posts: 959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Many thanks Normandie :D

Well, Julian drove me mad constantly talking over the Scottish lady (can't remember her name...sorry). He came across very badly & yet again I do wonder if these people realise just how badly they make themselves look on TV.

Sheesh!!!! What a waste of free advertising...numpty!!!
  • Coody MowCoody Mow Posts: 3,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tommo781 wrote: »
    Glad you like us Coody Mow. You are always welcome.

Thankyou! x :)
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tommo has got a lovely day for the races. Its absolutely scorchio out there today (not that I'm complaining)!!!
  • lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,648
    Forum Member
    Coach Trip fans, let us be grateful that the dreadful serial reality participant (Graham?) with the black wife who pops us everywhere, getting married with no clothes on, buying houses wearing someclothes, etc etc, is unlikely to be on FIAB.
    BDG will remember him I'm sure.
    Not havjng a B and B seems to rule him out - but you never know with him.

He's also on The Store, at the weekend on ITV1.
    ETA: And repeats of the gameshow "Sell Me The Answer"
  • guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tommo has got a lovely day for the races. Its absolutely scorchio out there today (not that I'm complaining)!!!

It's too hot today....

Can't believe I'm saying that!
  • SolarSailSolarSail Posts: 7,702
    Forum Member
    Evening All

'We'll come out fighting and we will get the answers'

I'm agog to know what's going to happen.

SolarSail wrote: »
    As usual, hope these are all the right places.

Monday 23rd
    Ramsay's, Edinburgh
    Sharon Brown and Norrie Ramsay

Tuesday 24th
    Fifteen, Swinley, Wigan
    Tony Callaghan

Wednesday 25th
    Lincoln Yurts
    Darren Bell and Katherine Taylor

Thursday 26th
    The Fieldhead Hotel,Cornwall
    Julian and Gill Peck
    Forum Member
    Breakfast in a bag? Even at £45 a night, I'm sure they could still do some sort of cooked breakfast.
  • domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member
    lea_uk wrote: »
    Breakfast in a bag? Even at £45 a night, I'm sure they could still do some sort of cooked breakfast.

I doubt it at that price.
    Forum Member
    Or they could up the price.
  • strictmachinestrictmachine Posts: 3,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was doing dinner when 4IAB was on last night so didn't click that Katherine was from CDWM. I liked her on that. I like the Edinburgh couple too (so far). Not keen on the rooms tonight.
    Forum Member
    Not keen on the rooms or Tony.
This discussion has been closed.