Four in a Bed. New series!!

Comments

• ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just had a thought - maybe the unacceptable thing that causes V & S to leave the last place is that the room only has a double bed? :D
  • jamtamarajamtamara Posts: 2,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shrike wrote: »
    Just had a thought - maybe the unacceptable thing that causes V & S to leave the last place is that the room only has a double bed? :D

OO-er! I do hope so.:o
  • SolarSailSolarSail Posts: 7,678
    Forum Member
    RSteve wrote: »
    Hey everyone, not been able to post for a while. Just watched it on catchup, I work shifts!
    I suppose the resemblance of Brummie bloke to Noddy Holder has already been done?!

Welcome back.
    I don't think it's been mentioned, but I've certainly noticed it, the accent and the wispy hair rather than anything else.
    First thought on Ben & Katie - how lucky are they to be able to live in that house? It's gorgeous :D

However, I'm hoping this was tongue-in-cheek but I thought it was a bit bad of Katie to say that if any of the others played up then she would pull "the pregnant card" (she said it in the first few mins).

I wondered about the Veronica and Saida "partners" thing as well - maybe they are a couple but just don't want to say on national TV?...

Hi, love the screen name :)

It was a beautiful place last night and yes, I do think Katie was being totally tongue in cheek.

I looked at The Richwood Hotel site and kind of formed the impression that Veronica and Saida are involved together, not just business partners, but if they don't make a point of saying, I'm not bothered.

They do specifically mention that they're 'gay friendly' on their Welcome page (and 'pet friendly' too)

To be honest,I can't say it looks my kind of place at all, or their site, but good luck to them
    LINK

Well, I say that now, we shall see how things turn out tonight :D
  • nick202nick202 Posts: 9,919
    Forum Member
    RSteve wrote: »
    Oh and I am hopelessly in love with Ben!

I hope to see him coming out of the shower in a future episode!

Hey hey hey! I saw him first... Get to the back of the queue :mad: :D
    Forum Member
    SolarSail wrote: »
    I looked at The Richwood Hotel site and kind of formed the impression that Veronica and Saida are involved together, not just business partners, but if they don't make a point of saying, I'm not bothered.

LINK

The voiceover described them as 'partners' rather than than 'business partners' last night so I think that's probably the case.
  • jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ............I wondered about the Veronica and Saida "partners" thing as well - maybe they are a couple but just don't want to say on national TV?..............

I'm getting confused between the two female pairs. Saida is one of the older pair, isn't she? I didn't even wonder about them - I assumed they were possibly widows (or golf, etc., widows) who chose to go on holiday together.

I did wonder about the younger couple (no idea of their names). Maybe Ch4 are aware of comments (not to be confused with criticism) on the number of gay couples they've had on this show, and wanted it downplayed. Or there may be other reasons, such as a husband/partner who should have been there being ill.

It doesn't matter, really. But there's no harm in speculation.
  • ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not to worry, jsmith, we're back to the obligatory gay couple in a Blackpool B&B next week:D
    Cherry tree house
  • jamtamarajamtamara Posts: 2,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SolarSail wrote: »

It was a beautiful place last night and yes, I do think Katie was being totally tongue in cheek.

They do specifically mention that they're 'gay friendly' on their Welcome page (and 'pet friendly' too)

To be honest,I can't say it looks my kind of place at all, or their site, but good luck to them
    LINK

nick202 wrote: »
    The voiceover described them as 'partners' rather than than 'business partners' last night so I think that's probably the case.

Oh well - I was wrong about Saida and Veronica. My gaydar obviously need tuning!

Yes, Katie was tongue-on-cheek about the pregnancy card but she will certainly need all the help she can get when the baby is born.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 372
    Forum Member
    The management replies on TripAdvisor for The Richwood are a hoot! Check out the replies to the bad reviews!
    Forum Member
    Shrike wrote: »
    Not to worry, jsmith, we're back to the obligatory gay couple in a Blackpool B&B next week:D
    Cherry tree house

Oh thank heavens, doesn't feel right without a gay Blackpool couple LOL!

It's going to get to the point where every gay-owned B&B in Blackpool is going have been on FIAB!
  • gboygboy Posts: 4,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ben and Katie are a lovely couple!

Their B&B is amazing - not too sure about the yurts: nice idea, but I've reached the point in life where bathroom facilities are paramount to personal comfort. However, I'd be tempted to give yurting a go, just for the experience (preferably during summer).
    Forum Member
    deleted
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I want to change my mind why that couple dont want to stay......"vomit-gate" :D
  • phill363phill363 Posts: 24,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paul reminds me of Willy Wonka
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not keen on tonight's place
  • divingbboydivingbboy Posts: 14,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "we don't take orders at the table" = "we're going to cook it in advance and let it slowly congeal in the oven".
    Forum Member
    I used to live near Torbay and I can tell you this is very typical of many B&Bs in the area.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to live near Torbay and I can tell you this is very typical of many B&Bs in the area.

I do live in Torbay, and yes it is!
  • M@nterikM@nterik Posts: 6,982
    Forum Member

I have not come across it before.

It is pathetic.

Very much cook it the night before and re heat it.
    Forum Member
    M@nterik wrote: »
    I have not come across it before.

It is pathetic.

Very much cook it the night before and re heat it.

Sorry I didn't mean the breakfast arrangements necessarily, just the style and ambience of the hotel.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah, Torquay, that hotbed of Far Eastern mysticism................
  • MRSgotobedMRSgotobed Posts: 3,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We only see Paul commenting negatively on Cathy. He must have talked about more than just her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry I didn't mean the breakfast arrangements necessarily, just the style and ambience of the hotel.

To me, its a bit "meh"

Probably good value if you like that sort of thing but its not really my cup of tea.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There are parts of Torquay that are very nice, and some lovely hotels, but an awful lot of B&Bs and hotels cater strictly to the £35 per night Saga Holiday crowd.
    Forum Member
    MRSgotobed wrote: »
    We only see Paul commenting negatively on Cathy. He must have talked about more than just her.
    Wonder if they know Mark from The Grosvenor.

Everyone knows Mark from the Grosvenor :D
This discussion has been closed.