Strictlys Sir Bruce & The Rolling Stones - At Glastonbury - Now Thats Entertainment ?

13»

Comments

• TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Janet43 wrote: »
    You call him what you want; he's still Mr as far as I'm concerned. There are far more deserving people who haven't received knighthoods. Seems they're given out like sweets now and have no meaning. And I say that as someone who has brother who was also given an award for doing his job and been paid handsomely for it. He keeps his award in a drawer and doesn't use his title because he says that nowadays awards are valueless and his own case proves it.

And whatever you want to call him, he wasn't there on the same day as the Stones, so you couldn't have seen him in the wings. As I said he was at home in his comfortable mansion except for going to Glastonbury, getting on stage for an hour and then going home.

Perhaps it was my mistake, but it did look like Sir Bruce in the wings, and like Beyoncé says, if you've got it you might as well flaunt it, people want to celebrate and share in the honour of awards like a knighthood, that's why the majority do the right thing and show respect by using the correct and deserved title of 'Sir' Bruce.
  • Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    TerryM22 wrote: »
    Perhaps it was my mistake, but it did look like Sir Bruce in the wings, and like Beyoncé says, if you've got it you might as well flaunt it, people want to celebrate and share in the honour of awards like a knighthood, that's why the majority do the right thing and show respect by using the correct and deserved title of 'Sir' Bruce.
    As I've already said, I'm the sister of a 'Sir', who refuses to use the title - prefers to use the title 'Doctor' for the Ph.D he worked very hard to get rather than, as he puts it, "a gong someone decided I should have for no sensible reason."

So following my brother's example (who got his Ph.D for work which will benefit others), it's Mr Forsyth.

And I think you must have been mistaken. Mr Forsyth wouldn't have camped overnight. He'd have been in his mansion Saturday night, limousined to Glastonbury, done his one hour on stage on Sunday and then limousined back to the comfort of his mansion again before dark.
  • TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Janet43 wrote: »
    As I've already said, I'm the sister of a 'Sir', who refuses to use the title - prefers to use the title 'Doctor' for the Ph.D he worked very hard to get rather than, as he puts it, "a gong someone decided I should have for no sensible reason."

So following my brother's example (who got his Ph.D for work which will benefit others), it's Mr Forsyth.

And I think you must have been mistaken. Mr Forsyth wouldn't have camped overnight. He'd have been in his mansion Saturday night, limousined to Glastonbury, done his one hour on stage on Sunday and then limousined back to the comfort of his mansion again before dark.

You must be very proud to have a brother who is a knight of the realm, its a great achievement.

I doubt that an A list celeb like Sir Bruce would have to camp in a tent, more like they would have provided an air conditioned motor home befitting Sir Bruces status as a world wide renowned multi talented entertainer.
  • Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    TerryM22 wrote: »
    You must be very proud to have a brother who is a knight of the realm, its a great achievement.

I doubt that an A list celeb like Sir Bruce would have to camp in a tent, more like they would have provided an air conditioned motor home befitting Sir Bruces status as a world wide renowned multi talented entertainer.
    No i'm not proud - neither is my brother for the reasons already given.

The whole family is very proud of him and all the family members who have worked hard at research to get Ph.D qualifications and all proudly use the title Doctor. That title is earned and deserved.