Comments

• SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nowt for me yet!!! :cool:
  • smcbeathsmcbeath Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of the things that i am liking, and it has probably been there forever but i have never noticed it, is if you go into settings, ease of access, then high contrast. Everything is basically in black and white except for the pics in each tab:)
  • Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder how they're deciding who to give the update too. I assumed it was based on how much feedback people have been giving them using the preview app. But a quick look at the stats leaderboard and I can see I'm a lot higher than He4rt yet I've not been sent the update.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently it's based on Preview score, feedback, and XBL activity. Probably also depends on when you opted in, too.

I still didn't have it last night, but I didn't opt in until a few days after you were able to, because the poorly written FAQ implied you couldn't revert to the normal Preview if you wanted to go back.
  • NewGamesOfTodayNewGamesOfToday Posts: 292
    Forum Member
    You cannot play Minecraft with this new update which is a bit annoying. :(

Edit: You can but it takes a long time to start.
  • He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    I only got in the initial preview because i actively participate in the Xbox Ambassador program. It may be something to do with that?

I'm also on xbox live a hell of a lot, I run tv pass through and have my profile on auto sign in so even when the wife and kids are watching TV while I'm work I'm signed in.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I only joined the Ambassador thing as it was initially the only way to get in the Preview programme.

I gave up on helping people through it though as I got fed up of aiding muppets whose questions always fell in one of the following two categories:

- Questions that could easily be answered by checking the support section at Xbox.com.

- Questions that could obviously only be answered by actual members of Xbox support, due to them being account related.
  • He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    Yeah. I've had some funny ones on there.

Had some guy today who's disc wouldn't load and when I went through the steps we discovered that his disc was scratched so bad that it couldn't be salvaged. (something you'd think any normal person would check first before contacting support,)

Had some clowns on there too asking if I was female and what I looked like. Wasn't interested in any help.
  • smcbeathsmcbeath Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So i plugged in my bt youview box last night. Initially there was a ghosting effect, looked like one picture on top of the other. Also when watching a recording of match of the day there was alot of judder with any fast passing etc. Its all good now though, it fixed itself. When i switched just now, there was no sound, had to switch box of then on again.

Also cant send a message to my buddy who is on the x360, had to use smartglass.
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Red Arrow wrote: »
    I wonder how they're deciding who to give the update too. I assumed it was based on how much feedback people have been giving them using the preview app. But a quick look at the stats leaderboard and I can see I'm a lot higher than He4rt yet I've not been sent the update.

More people will be getting the update overnight.
  • NewGamesOfTodayNewGamesOfToday Posts: 292
    Forum Member
    One of the main important things for me about this update is that I am unable to send text in Twitch chat :( If i'm not playing or broadcasting Forza 6 I like to be able to communicate with other gamers via Twitch but at the moment it's just not possible.....Is anyone else having this trouble? :(
  • Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got up at 4.30 this morning to update, I was up for work and not just to update, switched on the console and was presented with the update screen, that updated while I showered :D

I like the new look, not had chance to test all the games yet.

Mad Max works lol.

First impressions, very slick and intuitive.

So, just out of interest who wants the 360 blades back?
  • seanfseanf Posts: 3,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got up at 4.30 this morning to update, I was up for work and not just to update, switched on the console and was presented with the update screen, that updated while I showered :D

I like the new look, not had chance to test all the games yet.

Mad Max works lol.

First impressions, very slick and intuitive.

So, just out of interest who wants the 360 blades back?

I'd love the 360 blade back.
  • LiamCarbinLiamCarbin Posts: 357
    Forum Member
    Just received the update..... rendered my xbox useless. I cant do anything. It just keeps automatically loading one guide!! If I press home it exits to the home screen but then just relaunches itself
  • deadmancarldeadmancarl Posts: 2,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got the update last night, and no real issues so far.
    A few labels showing the wrong text but that is usual for a test, and I had one freeze in the Dashboard Preview App, but Forza 6 seemed to run fine as did Netflix
  • Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Few things I've noticed:

Random SHUT DOWNS, only happened once so far

Jumping back to home screen

External storage notification on start-up, didn't happen on the old dash

Not loading friends list or populating anything under any of the tabs, community/one guide/store/apps/movies/tv or music, this happens quite often after start-up

Quite a few other minor issues.

It's workable but this thing needs so much polish, MS have there work cut out to get this near perfect before the official release, imo.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It hasn't infected my X1 yet... might never get it! :cool: :D
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So... updated today.

The pluses: It's fixed my Kinect (since the last update, Kinect turns itself off after 10 minutes or so and will only turn back on after a hard restart). The update has resolved that.

Other than that, I hate it :cry:
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only opted in 2 days ago and got the update already.

On the downside, I tried to go into the Xbox Store and getting "No Content Available"

Not sure if this is widespread or just me courtesy of NXOE.

Edit - sorted it, kind of - it's signing me in to the console automatically, but not on to Xbox Live. I can't see a link I can click to connect so I have to sign out and back in again to get online.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I got the NXOE Preview yesterday.

I like it, but the Guide really needs to have Achievements too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 245
    Forum Member
    Friend just pointed out that Cortana is hidden in current build.

Go to the left hand side and into the settings mini menu. Hold up on left stick and double tap A.
  • crimez83crimez83 Posts: 333
    Forum Member
    scottkil wrote: »
    Friend just pointed out that Cortana is hidden in current build.

Go to the left hand side and into the settings mini menu. Hold up on left stick and double tap A.

Oh cool, will have a look later.

I have had no problems at all so far, must be one of the lucky ones! One thing I think would work better is changing the guide button presses as follows; tap to guide, hold to home and double tap to shut down. Double tapping to bring up the guide is annoying IMO.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i still ain't got the update! ;-)

(I haven't had a win10 beta download for ages either) :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    crimez83 wrote: »
    Oh cool, will have a look later.

I have had no problems at all so far, must be one of the lucky ones! One thing I think would work better is changing the guide button presses as follows; tap to guide, hold to home and double tap to shut down. Double tapping to bring up the guide is annoying IMO.

Yeah, double-tapping has been annoying ever since it was introduced with the Snap Centre last year.

I'd much rather a single-tap brought up the Guide.
  • ixHellstormxixHellstormx Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm also on the NXE and find it quite cool, although I seem to have lost access the xbox360 backwards comp games I still had to install. Just vanished from the list for some reason