Options

People walking out the cinema?

13»

Comments

• Options
    VashettiVashetti Posts: 2,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    when i was younger me and a group of mates walked out of eternal sunshine of a spotless mind...think we only went to see it cos of jim carrey

You missed out on a phenomenal film.
  • Options
    mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A good few years back, when loads of cinemas celebrated the "100 years of Cinema" event and each film was only £1 to see, a group of us went to see what we could get into.
    Unfortunately, it was a madhouse and the only film with seats available, when we went, was Cronenberg's "Crash"...

We stuck through the whole film. However, there was a scene were 2 blokes kiss. Cue LOADS of people getting up and stomping out. Funnily enough, though, no-one walked out when 2 women were getting it on...
  • Options
    Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wish I'd walked out of Contagion, but I kept hoping something remotely interesting was going to happen.
  • Options
    rosco2010rosco2010 Posts: 7,501
    Forum Member
    We walked out on Epic Movie, we were late by about 5 minutes, sayed for another 15 and decided to leave. It was excruciating.
  • Options
    tinshedtinshed Posts: 483
    Forum Member
    Scrubber wrote: »

The next time i go to the cinema will be The Hobbit then probably after that to see Ghostbusters 3 or Austin Powers 3. (Neither of which are even confirmed to ever be made)
    Austin Powers 3 - Sorry to disappoint you, but your 10 years too late. 2002 the 3rd film came out and yes it played in the cinema because i went to watch it.
  • Options
    RaptureRiderRaptureRider Posts: 1,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Walked out of "Blair Witch 2".
  • Options
    ScrubberScrubber Posts: 4,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tinshed wrote: »
    Austin Powers 3 - Sorry to disappoint you, but your 10 years too late. 2002 the 3rd film came out and yes it played in the cinema because i went to watch it.

That was a typo ;)
  • Options
    BillyBattyBillyBatty Posts: 7,009
    Forum Member
    I went to see Blair Witch 2 and I was glued to my seat.

Otherwise I would have got up and walked out.
  • Options
    SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't want to walk out of something I paid to watch, especially as a lot of films can get exciting after a 15 minute slow build.
  • Options
    pinkpowerrangerpinkpowerranger Posts: 933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BillyBatty wrote: »
    I went to see Blair Witch 2 and I was glued to my seat.

Otherwise I would have got up and walked out.

Me and my husband watched that and really enjoyed, possibly the only 2 people in the world that did. I walked out on Meet Joe Black, it was just too dull.

When I lived in Cyprus I took my son to see Hotel For Dogs and the aircon must have been broke because the heat in their was unbearable so we ended up leaving.
  • Options
    Strictly_IrishStrictly_Irish Posts: 18,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wish I'd walked out of Contagion, but I kept hoping something remotely interesting was going to happen.

This. ^

I've never walked out a film though, I just don't like doing it. I have fallen asleep a few times though. :o
  • Options
    JenzenJenzen Posts: 7,364
    Forum Member
    When I went to see Irreversable about two thirds of the cinema walked out within the first half hour!

I can understand why too, but if you had read up on it you would have realised its a backwards film, and if you do stick it out its a really good film!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If the seat is comfy I close my eyes and get 40 winks.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ive never walked out because ive paid to see it.

While watching Aeon Flux though the thought crossed my mind a few times. I stuck through it though and consequently wasted my life.
  • Options
    SnowyfaceSnowyface Posts: 1,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only ever walked out on one film, Sherlock Holmes: Game of Shadows. It was awful! Nothing on the TV series :sleep: Benedict Cumberbatch IS Sherlock!

Would've walked out of Disaster Movie, but my brother was actually enjoying it :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 75
    Forum Member
    I walked out from Moulin Rouge and my dad walked out when we were watching Lord of the Rings ; )
  • Options
    Chasing ShadowsChasing Shadows Posts: 3,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ataraxia wrote: »
    Ive never walked out because ive paid to see it.

While watching Aeon Flux though the thought crossed my mind a few times. I stuck through it though and consequently wasted my life.

But if you don't walk out, and end up just sitting there watching a film you don't like you end up wasting both your money and your time. At least if you walk out of the movie once you realise how bad it is, you only end up wasting your money. Your time is still yours to spend doing something you enjoy.
  • Options
    Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've seen some bad movies but i've never walked out of the cinema during a film. Yet.

But the gf and i went to see The Departed years ago, and about 10 mins in a wee old couple walked out. I think it was due to the sheer volume of the song in the movie, Dropkick Murphys "Shipping out to Boston".

Sadly, 2 mins after they left the song stopped and the film got into gear.

To be fair, it WAS loud as ****.
  • Options
    KymberlyKymberly Posts: 763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've only ever done it once and that was a film I didn't pay for. Years ago and old friend and I won tickets from a radio station to go and see a premiere of a film. Can't remember what it was called, but the film was awful, really tasteless and we ended up walking out. Both of us complained and we ended up getting tickets for another preview for a better film. If I pay for a film, I wouldn't walk out but if it is really boring or too long then yes I do end up falling asleep.