Options

connecting to Live - HELP!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,796
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Ok so was playing online and my xbox froze so i restarted it and noticed i was not connected to live so I done the trusted 30 second switch off from the modem to no effect - checked my ports and all are open, phoned virgin who stated everything is fine there end. so i'm now left without any LIVE access, anyone know of anything else I could try?

Internet is working but my xbox just doesnt seem to want to play ball. is my console on the way out?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 50
    Forum Member
    I had this happen to me just yesterday, I was online, it dropped out, I restarted the router and despite the internet working, I couldn't reconnect to Live.

Luckily after a restart of the router and a restart of the Xbox it worked. You could try the network test on the Xbox, see which part it's falling over on (e.g. connecting to network, internet or Xbox Live). If it's falling over on the Network part, maybe also check the network settings on the Xbox. Is it set to automatically get an IP address, or do you manually assign one? Check the IP that the Xbox has is also the same as on any port-forwarding rules you have on the router (if you use forwarding).

If it's set to automatic, and you have port-forwarding on, it's possible that the router has given the Xbox a new IP address which no long matches up to the rule. DHCP leases (i.e. the IP address assigned to the Xbox) expire after a certain length of time.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mine has been disconnecting alot recently, everything else in my house stays connected but my xbox decides otherwise.
    I run a network test and then it reconnects, very annoying.
  • Options
    geobradgeobrad Posts: 548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My sons xbox slim has just developed the same problem, network test says it is ok, just wont sign into live

Cheers
    George
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 120
    Forum Member
    We had reset the ports on the HomeHub when one of our xbox's stopped connecting to XboxLive over the weekend.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finally got it working - by doing nothing.
    Very unusual and without fully finding the cause of the problem just means it could happen again.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 50
    Forum Member
    There are loads of people with the same problem on the xbox.com forums, and people repeatedly being told it's not a problem. I've had it already and my mate had it this evening too. Something's up and it's been since the last update...
  • Options
    tommyd1258tommyd1258 Posts: 6,923
    Forum Member
    Xbox Support tweeted last night that they now realise some people are having issues and they're looking into it.

It also appears they've fixed it, so if you're still having issues make sure you let them know.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mine has been behaving now, so just a little but annoying blip.
    Hopefully it will keep behaving, and if so I can treat it to a new game.