Options

The Grumpy Old Women Thread... (Part 18)

Comments

• Options
    looney lauralooney laura Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    Sorry didn't realized I had posted three times:eek::eek::eek:
  • Options
    handymelonhandymelon Posts: 15,154
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KJ44 wrote: »
    Only 'cos some GOW are MIA :mad: :D

*** squeezes m-ff mop into PB before doing floor ***

Like I had nothing to do - and you've just given me a one-thousand post thread to read which looks like a pearl amongst pearls! :D

((((((laura))))))) - when you're pissed off it is abolutely the right thing to post three times. Hope you feel a it better now.

You could try reading Picto's alternate cinema thread, it made me laugh a lot!
  • Options
    ohmygoshohmygosh Posts: 9,697
    Forum Member
    I have to make a sodding mad hatterish type hat for a sodding mad hatter day at the boy goshes school :mad: I'm still recovering from the costume call out for the reenactment of the bloody battle of Hastings :mad: who has the feckin time or inclination :mad:

I was facing the wrong way when creativity was being handed out :(

Bah :mad:
  • Options
    SadpersonSadperson Posts: 12,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ohmygosh wrote: »
    I have to make a sodding mad hatterish type hat for a sodding mad hatter day at the boy goshes school :mad: I'm still recovering from the costume call out for the reenactment of the bloody battle of Hastings :mad: who has the feckin time or inclination :mad:

Bah :mad:

:eek::eek::eek:

*not sure whether to be impressed that goshie has shown up or empathic due to mutual lack of creativity which thankfully I no longer require* :D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KJ44 wrote: »
    Only 'cos some GOW are MIA :mad: :D

*** squeezes m-ff mop into PB before doing floor ***

FB ready and waiting, someone just has to work out how to use it :D:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sadperson wrote: »
    :eek::eek::eek:

*not sure whether to be impressed that goshie has shown up or empathic due to mutual lack of creativity which thankfully I no longer require* :D:D

U think u have done a reasonably ok attempt with the makeshift rugby ball perpetrating as a helmet until some bloody child comes clanking past in full body armour nearly blinding u with the sun glinting off the most audacious shiny spear.......harrumph :mad:

*i will let u have both :p I envy u lots :D

Miss u lots too x do hope the saddies r well
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hello, Goshie! *kisses*
    I'm crap at all that stuff as well. I buy things! :o

Melony out on a play-date today. I'm sort-of tidying up. But not really! :D
  • Options
    jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    ohmygosh wrote: »

Hi. I was facing in the same direction as you. My creativity in this sense could be written on the back of a postage stamp.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    handymelon wrote: »
    Hello, Goshie! *kisses*
    I'm crap at all that stuff as well. I buy things! :o

Melony out on a play-date today. I'm sort-of tidying up. But not really! :D
    jra wrote: »
    Hi. I was facing in the same direction as you. My creativity in this sense could be written on the back of a postage stamp.

:) I don't feel quite so alone now :cool:

Hugs all round :D:D x
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a lot of lovely dances on Strictly tonight :)

I feel all warm and fuzzy and glittery! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What a lot of lovely dances on Strictly tonight :)

I feel all warm and fuzzy and glittery! :)
    Handy why don't you join the others on fb to discuss strictly:eek:
    can't be doing with it myself be each to their own.

Where are all the MIA come back we miss you all
    Gosh how are things, and yes your right there is always some mother who is too clever by halfs:rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Hope all are well and fast asleep:D:D:D
  • Options
    batgirlbatgirl Posts: 42,248
    Forum Member
    I'll tell you what's great for stopping those Monday morning blues - working the best part of the weekend! Tomorrow's just another day...
  • Options
    snowy ghostsnowy ghost Posts: 40,114
    Forum Member
    Hello am back from Turkey,where I spent most of my time in bed ill....still a good break though

read lots of book and have come back a bit lighter
    Passport control at Stansted was a joke
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sending Get Well vibes to snowy

I've got an early start tomorrow... and i'm STILL procrastinating... :D
  • Options
    snowy ghostsnowy ghost Posts: 40,114
    Forum Member
    procrastination....my biggest vice
  • Options
    Forum Member
    procrastination....my biggest vice

I've turned it into an art form.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hello Snowy, sorry to hear your poorly and lost part of the holiday hope your better soon.:(:(:(

Shingles have cleared but Whopping Cough still going other in the house complaining but I cant help coughing grrrrrrrrrrr

Bats How are you finding your Iphone we have 4 and 5 in the house and there cr@p signal and disconnection rate terrible complained to provider and its a faulty mast in the area, liars it them upgrading them from 3g to 4g that causing the problem but in the meantime we're paying for a services we can not use, sorry for the grump but it was not aimed at you.:):):)

Handy Hope the day wasn't too busy and you achieved what you had to do.

MIA's come home we're missing you all
    Plum stop working so hard Little Plum will be grown up before you know it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ....and there I was thinking I'd got the insomnia award tonight :eek:

*waves to Laura*

....am off to bed - have been procrastinating pretty much all evening and have now run out of evening in which to further procrastinate :o Sweet dreams you lovely lot :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sadperson wrote: »
    ....and there I was thinking I'd got the insomnia award tonight :eek:

*waves to Laura*

....am off to bed - have been procrastinating pretty much all evening and have now run out of evening in which to further procrastinate :o Sweet dreams you lovely lot :)

And here was me thinking I had some company:p:p:p good night sweet dreams:sleep::sleep::sleep:
  • Options
    ImaPlumImaPlum Posts: 6,072
    Forum Member
    Plum stop working so hard Little Plum will be grown up before you know it.

I know and therein lies my great dilemma. If I don't work so much then we can't afford to do anything and our situation will never improve, but all the while I'm beating myself up for not being able to spend enough quality time with YoungPlum. I'm not alone in this of course, it's the guilt probably shared by every single parent. As I see it I have no choice. I'm not working so much to afford the luxuries, it's more to be able to afford all the basics that many take for granted with maybe a few treats thrown in. Ideally, I'd like to have our own home (rented of course), I still feel like a bit of a hobo/vagrant with our current situation which is more to do with my state of mind rather than anything my friend has done/does. It's not ideal. Life however, is so much better than it was and I thank my lucky stars for that daily :D
  • Options
    batgirlbatgirl Posts: 42,248
    Forum Member
    You are the most positive person I know Plummy. :) I really hope things work out wonderfully for you and little Plum. And yes, I can see how having your own home would be really good. Living under someone else's roof is never the same.

LL - I got the 5 and I love it, probably because I spent years with really basic mobiles because, like you, we had no reception, beyond one hot spot in a corner of a field. So to have this new little toy, have it work, and with all the extra bits you get on them, we'll... I can't see myself going back now!
  • Options
    ImaPlumImaPlum Posts: 6,072
    Forum Member
    A little pointless story for you concerning the mad mad world of YoungPlum and I - from this if nothing else you will understand that poor YP never stood a chance.....

We were going to school/work the other day and I was humming a little tune... when YoungPlum decided to join in but instead of a rather musical little hmmmm hmmm hmmm .. or even a la-la-la... or a dum-di-doh-di-dah ... she went with a rather monotonous do-do-do-do ... so I said in reasonable tones "shhhh, I don't want to have dodos in my head all day!" ... which made sense when thought, but sounded ridiculous when voiced, as it sounded more like "I don't want dodos in my head" as in the extinct birdie ... which then became "I've got dodos in my head .... ee-i-ee-i-ohhhh" second verse "have you got dodos in your head?" to the tune of Old MacDonald, of course. Well this has caused us much hilarity over the last week or two. We are indeed simple souls :D You can't stay grumpy at work when your excuse for everything is "but I've got dodos in my head...... "

Young DestructoPup has been remarkably, well not exactly good, but not exactly bad lately. Her latest thing is to do drive-by bin raids on the kitchen bin. She's not meant to be in the house at all, but every so often she barges her way past one of us (hence her other name BellyBargeBum) and dashes into the kitchen grabs whatever she can reach out the bin, does a full circuit of the house skidding around on the tiles and back out the back door with her "treasure" which she then shreds with much joy and gusto. I still think she is part goat and is the part-time embodiment of my imaginary goat friend, Reggie. :o:D

Hmmm, not sure I should tell you all this as sooner or later it will appear as evidence in my hearing when the men in white coats come to take me away ha ha - hehe etc.... ;):D

Hope you all have a good day. I'm off to have a read in bed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Enjoy your book, Plummie! :)

Sad and laura, the night shift is not a healthy place to live!
    Hope you both get a better rest tonight.

Here, I'm finding my way round my current school and have (almost) stopped getting lost.
    The school and the staff are nice, kids are roughish but pleasant enough and nothing I can't handle. Unfortunately the regime is a bit "do this beacuse we say so" and everything seems to be actioned without a lot of planning. I'm sure planning must go on, but it seems to bypass many of the staff and a lot seems to rely on who you happen to speak to at any given time.

if they advertise for a permanent member of staff I won't be putting my application in, let's put it that way! This will keep me going till Christmas at least, and then we'll see!

Good vibes to grumpies everywhere :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Good vibes to grumpies everywhere :)

Same from me.

In today's news. Oh, hang on, there isn't any, other than the 'little **** house on the prairie' down the road has shut up shop. Apparently, they only had a 6 month tenancy agreement. Hope it was an AST. :p Now, where is that hot red head, people keep telling me about.

:eek:
  • Options
    KJ44KJ44 Posts: 38,093
    Forum Member
    koff koff koff
    sniff sniff sniff
    koff koff koff
    hack hack hack
    sneeze sneeze

5th day, throat raw, nose hurting, GRUMP!

Anyone who even hints at man flu :eek: :mad: