Really strange file copy issue...

nvingonvingo Posts: 8,619
Forum Member
Well I have a DLink DNS320 NAS box with 2x3Tb HDDs, running Twonky 7, on a home network consisting of a BT HomeHub4 and a 8-port gigabit switch (also a homeplug link to a 5-port gigabit switch).
The PC I'm using is a Sony Vaio Windows HP7 laptop, which I use with VideoRedo TV Suite to edit programmes recorded on a Humax HDR-Fox T2 and store on the NAS (to be viewed via Panasonic HD media streamer, Sony BD player, Samsung smart TV and of course Humax HDRs).

This week I prepared three episodes of a kids' TV show in HD, named of the format:
<series_name><[episode_number]><episode_title>.mp4

Selected all three files to move to the NAS but after a lot of progress bar activity but no copy message, a dialogue box displayed that "There was a problem accessing the.." destination.

Copied each file individually and two were successful - no problem with the destination.
There is space on both NAS volumes.
The reported size of the file is consistent with its content.
One file remains stubborn.

I've tried:
Coping the file within the PC (to HDD and to USB stick). Success.
Copying from these copies to the NAS. Fail.
Renaming the file, name.mp4 also name.txt and copying to the NAS. Fail.
Run the prepared file through VideoRedo (had deleted the source .TS already from the HDR and from the laptop), losing the first and last frame, and copy the result to the NAS. Fail.
Copy to the NAS, volume 2. Fail.
Restart Windows. Fail.
Restart NAS. Fail.

The video plays fine on the laptop, no glitches and none reported in the VideoRedo summary.

The original filename contains fewer characters than those of the successfully transferred files (path length).

No idea what's going on, Any thoughts?

Comments

• oilmanoilman Posts: 4,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure if this will help but I have had a lot of problems with .TS files and videoredo. Video redo would not always process them properly and I could not always delete files from windows either (I had to boot from a winpe disk (macrium) and go to dos to delete.

I found if I used another programming first (aimersoft conversion program) I could convert .TS to .Mpg/mp4 and them files from video redo worked fine. aimersoft is not free but not expensive either. There may be freeware as well.
  • nvingonvingo Posts: 8,619
    Forum Member
    Thanks. I've occasionally had issues with the HDR not decrypting before transfer (I think the change to GMT/summertime is sometimes responsible) but never unable to move a file in WIndows before.