Grand Theft Auto V

fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,871
Forum Member
✭✭
Big update coming on 15th September. As well as the video editor coming to PS4 and Xbox One there's the addition of Freemode Events.

http://youtu.be/0M71BMAgSSs

Comments

• DavonatorDavonator Posts: 4,409
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks good!

They really should release some single player DLC now though!
  • WoodsMonkWoodsMonk Posts: 6,462
    Forum Member
    Davonator wrote: »
    Looks good!

They really should release some single player DLC now though!

All key members of R* are working on the online side :(
  • Hank1234Hank1234 Posts: 3,756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any reason why you couldn't add it to the other thread
  • DavonatorDavonator Posts: 4,409
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WoodsMonk wrote: »

I think Online is easily more lucrative for them, with real money shark card purchases and all that!
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hank1234 wrote: »
    Any reason why you couldn't add it to the other thread

Because the thread was actually removed on Tuesday for some reason. It's since returned with recent posts missing.
  • Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member

Certainly doesn't help when you mass terminated a load of them and a bunch of key members also left Rockstar North. *grumbles*
  • idlewildeidlewilde Posts: 8,698
    Forum Member
    Some things I would like to see as part of any future DLC

- Go-Karts - there is loads of potential, especially in the Race Creator, for some high-speed go-kart races
    - Scuba Gear
    - Some form of motocross outfit
    - Time limit on going into passive since the last passive mode. Nothing worse than getting merked, then you find your nemesis has gone into passive.
    - Larger bounties. I'd put them up to $100,000 as the highest price, because it's fun being a bounty and it gives an incentive for everyone to get after you.
    - More internal areas. It would be nice to get a few buildings that you could get inside and have some internal shoot-outs in.
    - The ability to remove your character's shoes and socks - just for larking around in the water
    - Triathlons or at least on-foot races
    - Mission creator
    - Phone for a Bodyguard - a time/limit NPC who will join you for a while and fight with you - a bit like the companions of Skyrim / Fallout
  • DJGMDJGM Posts: 3,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's worth pointing out that R* are no longer providing any GTA DLC updates for the last gen consoles. It's all for
    the Xbox One, PS4 and PC platforms from now on. All Xbox 360 and PS3 users will have to make do with what
    they've got now until they get around to upgrading to the newer console or PC gaming platforms.

While I'm still on Xbox 360 myself (no current plans to upgrade to XB1 yet) it was really was only a matter of
    time before the last gen consoles were left behind, as they'd have been holding them back if they'd have
    supported the Xbox 360 and PS3 for much longer, given the limitations of the older hardware.
  • Javier_deVivreJavier_deVivre Posts: 1,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I appear to be reading this comment slightly differently to other people.

I don't take it to mean that there is no DLC coming, just that currently their staff are working primarily on GTA:Online.
    It could mean that the work has been done on the DLC and it is virtually ready for release.
    Of course this is just my opinion and I could be entirely wrong. Either way I can't complain, a story mode DLC would be a good edition but I aren't going to act like spoiled child (have you read GTAForums recently :o) because I aren't getting something, I have already got my moneys worth out of the game and I still boot it up every now and again to have a daft play to kill some time.
    Davonator wrote: »
    I think Online is easily more lucrative for them, with real money shark card purchases and all that!
    This is an opinion that I do not really understand. Shark Cards may bring in some income from those stupid enough to spend real money on fake money, but I doubt they bring in any where near the amount of money that comes from the sale of an actual game.

They can keep Online as far as I am concerned, I have no interest in it. It just feels lifeless and dull and I honestly get bored, especially when waiting for the constant loading screens.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DJGM wrote: »
    It's worth pointing out that R* are no longer providing any GTA DLC updates for the last gen consoles. It's all for
    the Xbox One, PS4 and PC platforms from now on. All Xbox 360 and PS3 users will have to make do with what
    they've got now until they get around to upgrading to the newer console or PC gaming platforms.

While I'm still on Xbox 360 myself (no current plans to upgrade to XB1 yet) it was really was only a matter of time before the last gen consoles were left behind, as they'd have been holding them back if they'd have supported the Xbox 360 and PS3 for much longer, given the limitations of the older hardware.
    Leaving that aside, there was always going to become a point where the 360 and PS3 were going to lose support from developers. That is what happens when manufacturers bring out a newer console.
  • LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd definitely like more stuff to do solo online, because some days I just cannot deal with other people and the solo mode is a bit of a ghost town of fun things to do.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd definitely like more stuff to do solo online, because some days I just cannot deal with other people and the solo mode is a bit of a ghost town of fun things to do.
    This is one of the reason that I have largely stayed away too.

Too many of players who just want to kill you, yeah you can go into the mode where they can't kill you but it also disables your weapons and even melee attack restricting what you can do.
  • supertalksupertalk Posts: 948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Recent update of brand new free roam challenges were just released on the 15th.
    This is one of the reason that I have largely stayed away too.

Too many of players who just want to kill you, yeah you can go into the mode where they can't kill you but it also disables your weapons and even melee attack restricting what you can do.

You can always start up an invite only session to play with your friends.

BTW 50% discount weekend on vehicles, weapons and more. Play the new free roam challenges to earn a limited edition t shirt and $50'000.

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/52502/exclusive-unlocks-in-game-discounts-and-more-in-the-gta
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    supertalk wrote: »
    Recent update of brand new free roam challenges were just released on the 15th.

I think those new free roam events are only available in public free roam. They don't seem to be available in Crew Only and I would assume the same is true of Invite and Solo sessions.