Sam Matterface & Natalie Sawyer - Sky Sports News

degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
Forum Member
These two are a couple, right?

Do you think Sky Sports have considered giving them more opportunities together away from SSN.

Apparently they've just signed up Ben Shepherd for Goals on Sunday and Jason Cundy for YOSS.

Why not have a couple doing these types of shows?
It may be good to have a couple presenting GOS or an early morning SSN sofa program to catch up on the weekend's sports news.

Things against it would be that may be the presenters like the hours they are doing now and SSN are getting good ratings at that time of day.

Comments

• griffpaulgriffpaul Posts: 777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder do they hold hands or even kiss during the ad breaks.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When are they getting married.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sam Matterface is leaving Sky Sports News and joining TalkSport
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 395
    Forum Member
    when does he leave i wonder if Natalie will leave as well.

Edit: found the story here: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/broadcasting/news/a261016/talksport-signs-matterface-warnock.html
  • LOSGLOSG Posts: 2,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where does it say he's left SSN? His commentaries shouldn't impact on his Sky work.
    Forum Member
    Yeah after reading the story it say's they've Hired him for the football it doesn't say they've signed him or he's leaving SSN
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    theyre both on SSN now
  • 4-4-24-4-2 Posts: 5,413
    Forum Member
  • chrisfinchchrisfinch Posts: 5,727
    Forum Member
    4-4-2 wrote: »

To me, that reads as i's his last one with Natalie Sawyer. So although he probably won't have many more shifts left, he is soon on his way.
  • CoorsliteCoorslite Posts: 115
    Forum Member
    Think he is just working out his SSN notice.
    Think his background is in commentary so fair play to him
  • HaydenHayden Posts: 32,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's certainly punching above his weight with Ms Sawyer.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    These two are a couple, right?

Do you think Sky Sports have considered giving them more opportunities together away from SSN.

Apparently they've just signed up Ben Shepherd for Goals on Sunday and Jason Cundy for YOSS.

Why not have a couple doing these types of shows?
    It may be good to have a couple presenting GOS or an early morning SSN sofa program to catch up on the weekend's sports news.

Things against it would be that may be the presenters like the hours they are doing now and SSN are getting good ratings at that time of day.
    I guess my suggestion is a non goer for the time being then :D
  • 4-4-24-4-2 Posts: 5,413
    Forum Member
    On your hard drive?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sorry....i couldn't find the SSN HD thread.:)
  • CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    keefjaxon wrote: »
    file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/keith/My%20Documents/Downloads/pg-12-sky-sports-ne_425835s.jpg

just found this.....:)
    For a moment I thought that was a link to a web-site..:rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 918
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sam has four shifts left with ssn and four bulletins on sky news before he goes
  • xtradjxtradj Posts: 875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That picture of Simon and Georgie, is that the new look SSN because it looks different to the one we saw with Jim White?

My SSN still looks the same
  • La RhumbaLa Rhumba Posts: 11,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »

The executive editor of Sky Sports News, Andy Cairns, is not one of Britain's most high-profile journalists. Yet he oversees a national newsroom of 140 staff tasked with breaking stories around the clock. Don't turn on SSN and expect to see the sort of famous ex-players who host Match of the Day or analyse Test matches. "We go for journalists," says Cairns. "We are a news channel."

So who employed Di Stewart? :confused: Or Hayley McQueen, when she first started was absolutely dreadful, like a rabit caught in the headlights.
    I guess their close connections to famous sporting people had nothing to do with it, huh? :rolleyes:

Also, there are plenty of ugly men presenters on SSN, but all the women are very attractive - coincidence or eye candy for the blokes?

Inspite of all that, it's a huge shame that SSN is being taken off Freeview. I will miss their last day of the Transfer Window breathless coverage this year. :(
  • CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    La Rhumba wrote: »
    The executive editor of Sky Sports News, Andy Cairns, is not one of Britain's most high-profile journalists. Yet he oversees a national newsroom of 140 staff tasked with breaking stories around the clock. Don't turn on SSN and expect to see the sort of famous ex-players who host Match of the Day or analyse Test matches. "We go for journalists," says Cairns. "We are a news channel."

So who employed Di Stewart? :confused: Or Hayley McQueen, when she first started was absolutely dreadful, like a rabit caught in the headlights.
    I guess their close connections to famous sporting people had nothing to do with it, huh? :rolleyes:

Also, there are plenty of ugly men presenters on SSN, but all the women are very attractive - coincidence or eye candy for the blokes?

Inspite of all that, it's a huge shame that SSN is being taken off Freeview. I will miss their last day of the Transfer Window breathless coverage this year. :(
    I only watch it for the hot female totty, couldn't care less about the sport on it!:D
  • Tel69Tel69 Posts: 26,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hayden wrote: »

I'd say he must be well endowed as like you I feel he is punching considerably above his weight.:D
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    La Rhumba wrote: »

I thought he was mostly referring to the roving reporters and backroom staff who actually investigate and write the stories and the people who write/update the website and tickers.

He briefly mentioned the onscreen talent but the 140 staff I would assume were journalists.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 131
    Forum Member
    Hayden wrote: »

he sure is.

he should change his name to sam facedoesn'tmatter.
    Forum Member
    Sam hasn't left SSN yet he's on now.