✭✭✭
    New look Bistro spotted
    http://i.imgur.com/pBpACEp.png

Thanks for that, Pyramidbread. Looks ugly doesn't it? :confused:
  • Options
    PyramidbreadPyramidbread Posts: 10,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure, it doesn't stand out as much as it used to, and it looks a lot more like a Bistro you could stumble across in Manchester. It's funny that Corrie have already outdated their credits... again!
  • Options
    CatmittensCatmittens Posts: 1,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's funny that Corrie have already outdated their credits... again!

LOL I know. But seeing as they were able to easily slot in those two shots of the new set back in March, it shouldn't be too difficult to do the same again? Let's see :D
  • Options
    stevepjkstevepjk Posts: 2,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quite easy to update the titles, silly that they don't include Victoria street in them though
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    alienpandaalienpanda Posts: 9,444
    Forum Member

and it's magically twice the size
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ooooh, looks nicer than before! Hated all that manky dark red and burgundy. :D
  • Options
    CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It looks like a coastal surf shack! Mind you better than before, that set looked like something from the revived Crossroads! I liked it when it was the Joinery.
  • Options
    simonipswichsimonipswich Posts: 1,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So building work has been done on the new look bistro in a matter of DAYS?! This seriously would not happen in the real world with walls being moved and doors being put in. So daft!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So building work has been done on the new look bistro in a matter of DAYS?! This seriously would not happen in the real world with walls being moved and doors being put in. So daft!

I don't think it reopens til next week in the show, so that's two weeks. It doesn't look like much has moved around really.

I agree about the new look, looks more lifelike, less like a dodgy set.
  • Options
    VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,868
    Forum Member
    I don't think it reopens til next week in the show, so that's two weeks. It doesn't look like much has moved around really.

Now do something about the bloody AWFUL shop set!!!! Worst shop in soap history,
  • Options
    JoshuaRyJoshuaRy Posts: 389
    Forum Member
    Liking the new look Bistro. Looks very real, I just hope it doesn't look too grey and dark on screen.

It actually looks A LOT like a bar at MediaCity, just over the water from the Corrie set. I wonder if they got 'inspiration'...

https://irs0.4sqi.net/img/general/600x600/64009181_yuuprZLUqkSPdCdq8uiSM_2Auxg63qlLEord3rGfJYY.jpg
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haha, I wouldn't be surprised, that looks strangely similar xD

I wonder if the Corner Shop will indeed get a makeover too? I seem to remember something about Stuart Blackburn saying he wanted to update a few of the sets over the next year, to make it look more realistic. Plus the corner shop is still D&S Alahans, despite Sunita not being around for a good few years now lol.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha, I wouldn't be surprised, that looks strangely similar xD

I wonder if the Corner Shop will indeed get a makeover too? I seem to remember something about Stuart Blackburn saying he wanted to update a few of the sets over the next year, to make it look more realistic. Plus the corner shop is still D&S Alahans, despite Sunita not being around for a good few years now lol.

This would be the ideal opportunity for them to turn the Corner Shop into a 'Freshco Local' or 'Freshco Fast-Track' :D

But they really need to sort the Kabin out. It's embarrassing at the moment. Look at 1990s episodes on YouTube - it really used to look like a proper paper shop, not the 'dressed set' that it is now...
  • Options
    simonipswichsimonipswich Posts: 1,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

A few days/two weeks, still would not be completed in the REAL world!
  • Options
    phill363phill363 Posts: 24,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The new bistro looks like it belongs in a city centre rather than a small back street in Weatherfield
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    something I have notice on the new set is a '1982' chalked on the bay of number 7 (devs house) which was rebuilt in 1982. This is not on the old set

Some new angles coming in on the house sets, views of fourth walls and such

Wonder if they will move some of the bussiness sets onto the outdoor lot, they have enough space to do so
  • Options
    corrie50corrie50 Posts: 61
    Forum Member
    It's definitely on the old Quay Street lot.

stevepjk wrote: »
    something I have notice on the new set is a '1982' chalked on the bay of number 7 (devs house) which was rebuilt in 1982. This is not on the old set

Some new angles coming in on the house sets, views of fourth walls and such

Wonder if they will move some of the bussiness sets onto the outdoor lot, they have enough space to do so
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stevepjk wrote: »

Not sure if lack of space for cameras would prevent interiors for The Kabin, Corner Shop and Roy's Rolls ever appearing on the exterior set.

I really think Audrey's salon would have benefitted from having natural light come through the windows and can't understand why they opted to have the Streetcars interior on the backlot instead. I can see one or two of the houses on the 'posh side' of the street eventually being filmed on the backlot - that would look great IMO.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    corrie50 wrote: »
    It's definitely on the old Quay Street lot.

Must be less subtle then, its a bit TOO SUBTLE on the new set
  • Options
    corrie50corrie50 Posts: 61
    Forum Member
    We saw the new door to the Cafe flat in use for the first time tonight. No "shocked look" on Roy, Chesney or Tyrone's face as to how the door had mysteriously appeared, however.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    New set has been on our screens a year tomorrow
  • Options
    Ginger1Ginger1 Posts: 417
    Forum Member
    Catmittens wrote: »
    Not sure if lack of space for cameras would prevent interiors for The Kabin, Corner Shop and Roy's Rolls ever appearing on the exterior set.

I really think Audrey's salon would have benefitted from having natural light come through the windows and can't understand why they opted to have the Streetcars interior on the backlot instead. I can see one or two of the houses on the 'posh side' of the street eventually being filmed on the backlot - that would look great IMO.

That'd be a great idea....I remember when brookside was first broadcast how revolutionary it was to have them filming on the outside set....then building the parade brought a new aspect to the close. With corrie I'd like to see more outside sets like freshco, 'weatherfield', going out at weekends/holidays or even t'other side of Rosamund street.
    I'm starting to feel claustrophobic with everything and everyone living and working on the street