Options

Pete Barton

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21
Forum Member
A few weeks ago we were told that Pete was 12 when his mom tried to kill Ross. Tonight, he said he was 6. Come on Emmerdale script writers....don't take us for idiots!

Comments

• Options
    PJ1893PJ1893 Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was wondering that as well... I was quite surprised when he said he was 6 years old. I thought he'd been older when it happened... unless I'm confusing it with something else

:confused:
  • Options
    hae2811hae2811 Posts: 93
    Forum Member
    He was 6, he was 12 when she came back and he told her he hated her
  • Options
    Mark_Washingto1Mark_Washingto1 Posts: 19,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A few weeks ago we were told that Pete was 12 when his mom tried to kill Ross. Tonight, he said he was 6. Come on Emmerdale script writers....don't take us for idiots!

You should just give up on trying to figure out the timeline of the Bartons, video tape they showed back at Finn's birthday contradicted everything that has been said the past couple months and you're right about the saying Pete was 12 when Emma left. I think the original intent was to have the characters be the same age as the actors playing them, however when they cast Emma who is played by a someone who is 42 they decided to de-SORAS the boys to be a more appropriate age for the woman playing their mom.
  • Options
    lionkingonstagelionkingonstage Posts: 3,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate the actor, he's beyond awful. I cringe and pull my hair out whenever he's onscreen.
  • Options
    SilvergoldSilvergold Posts: 379
    Forum Member
    So Pete is supposed to be about 27 then? :confused:
  • Options
    llgxllgx Posts: 1,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol this storyline's a mess
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    From what I understand:

Finn was a baby, Ross was 2 and Pete was 6 when Emma tried to kill Ross.

Pete was 12 when Emma came back and told her to go away.

So Finn is about 23, Ross 25 and Pete 29.
  • Options
    MaddaleneMaddalene Posts: 239
    Forum Member
    How the he'll is Emma Pete's mum then?
    I can't fathom their ages
  • Options
    AndybearAndybear Posts: 11,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hate the actor, he's beyond awful. I cringe and pull my hair out whenever he's onscreen.

That's a bit extreme.
  • Options
    JaymaJayma Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    From what I understand:

Hi Sez. Most of that makes sense but they celebrated Finn's 22nd birthday last summer and it was recently said that Emma left 22 years ago.

So at the moment, that makes Finn 22, Ross 24 and Pete 28. :)

The spanner in the works is the video shown at Finn's 22nd birthday party which showed all the boys to be at least 4 or 5 years older than 0, 2 and 6. In that video, Emma was still at home, and Pete blamed James for her leaving as his affair with Moira turned out to be true.

I like the actor who plays Pete (and he has beautiful eyes!), but the character is so dour nearly all the time. He needs some lightening up.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hae2811 wrote: »
    He was 6, he was 12 when she came back and he told her he hated her
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    From what I understand:

Jayma wrote: »
    Hi Sez. Most of that makes sense but they celebrated Finn's 22nd birthday last summer and it was recently said that Emma left 22 years ago.

So at the moment, that makes Finn 22, Ross 24 and Pete 28. :)

The spanner in the works is the video shown at Finn's 22nd birthday party which showed all the boys to be at least 4 or 5 years older than 0, 2 and 6. In that video, Emma was still at home, and Pete blamed James for her leaving as his affair with Moira turned out to be true.

I like the actor who plays Pete (and he has beautiful eyes!), but the character is so dour nearly all the time. He needs some lightening up.

Was that not Adam's? Or did Finn have one too?
    I remember the video but I'm confused now as to whose birthday it was.
  • Options
    JaymaJayma Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    Wyezed wrote: »
    Was that not Adam's? Or did Finn have one too?
    I remember the video but I'm confused now as to whose birthday it was.

It was definitely Finn's, I watched it again recently. :)

Adam and Finn both turned 22 last year.
  • Options
    Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like the character of Pete Barton; he is the sort of person I would like as a neighbour. I haven't warmed to the rest of the 2nd Barton family, and I think Emma was miscast. It would have been very helpful to viewers if the producer had decided on everyone's age before starting their story - is Pete 28 or 34?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    I like the character of Pete Barton; he is the sort of person I would like as a neighbour. I haven't warmed to the rest of the 2nd Barton family, and I think Emma was miscast. It would have been very helpful to viewers if the producer had decided on everyone's age before starting their story - is Pete 28 or 34?

If Finn was a baby and Ross was 2, and Pete was 6, that would make him 4 years older than Ross. Now they are 22, 24, and Pete 28. Pete is gorgeous, and his eyes even more gorgeous LOL....Ross is just a slimeball :-( just sayin'
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ah OK, I knew Finn had to be nearly 23. I'm glad we kind of know the ages now and they do add up :)