Liverpool Supporters Thread (Part 19)

Comments

• jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My thoughts too.

Anyhow - Result all important today, job done. Enjoyed out attacking play but have to say I was always worried with the passing about the back with Mignolet, Johnson, Sakho etc. too nervy. Would like to see Agger in for the Chelsea game.

We go again.

Very nervy but Carrow Road hasn't been an easy place for any team, even Man Utd lost there last season.

Bet like last week though I'll even feel nervous watching MotD.
  • mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mike65 wrote: »
    Probably a midfield diamond.

Liverpools U18s are playing against Ajax kids this morning, currently leading 1-0

Team against Ajax: Wheeler, Whelan, Brewitt, , Travis, Dobie, Chirivella, Oviemuno Dominic, Rossiter, Wilson, Ojo, Canos.

Its a comp called Aegon Future Cup.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Future_Cup

2-0 now Ojo and Wilson.

For those who follow the next generation (but one) of Liverpool stars

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhmPWM1nJVA
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Liverpool/Man Utd points swing is about 50! :D
  • LONERIDER37LONERIDER37 Posts: 711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    terry45 wrote: »
    As a lifelong Arsenal supporter can I just say well done Liverpool. We blew it and I feared moneybags Chelsea or Man City would win the title. But I would rather see Liverpool win it as they've had a brilliant season and played some fantastic football and it would be a fitting tribute to those who have fought for justice for the families of the 96.

PS. We'll be back at the top come next season.
    Nice of you. In return I'll be happy for you to get 4th ;-)
    mike65 wrote: »
    The Liverpool/Man Utd points swing is about 50! :D

Yep, 23 points ahead of Man Utd, who'd have thought that before the season started. :)
  • Richie1001Richie1001 Posts: 8,217
    Forum Member
    So - now that Gerrard wasn't excessively closed down, can we all accept that managers don't get their tactics from Sky Sports?....
  • DandemDandem Posts: 13,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Richie1001 wrote: »
    So - now that Gerrard wasn't excessively closed down, can we all accept that managers don't get their tactics from Sky Sports?....

No no no, you don't understand, this is clearly Neil Adams fault! He SHOULD have been watching Sky Sports when Carragher revealed our kryptonite, but instead opted to watch his Season 5 How I Met Your Mother boxset. Which is why Norwich are doomed for relegation.

When Mourinho comes to Anfield next week, you'll see. He'll thank Sky Sports and Jamie Carragher in his interview when he side tonk us 30-0.
  • Mickey_TMickey_T Posts: 4,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Liverpool are 100% nailed on guaranteed to be champions of the premier league.

They'd need a collapse bigger than the Lehman Brothers bank not to win it now.
  • snukrsnukr Posts: 19,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mickey_T wrote: »

Nothing is 100% certain, we're in a very good position, but we mustn't be complacent, all we can do is take it one game at a time.
  • Mickey_TMickey_T Posts: 4,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    snukr wrote: »
    Nothing is 100% certain, we're in a very good position, but we mustn't be complacent, all we can do is take it one game at a time.
    After the results over the last week I can't believe anyone can be so cautious.

Like I said, 100% nailed on champions. Guaranteed.
  • seelleeseellee Posts: 10,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No way! Unless West Brom get something at Man City tomorrow, then I might start calling it. I think we will have a much clearer picture in a weeks time.
  • MalbrenMalbren Posts: 3,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well thats obviously not true now is it? It is feasable to lose ONE game and still not win the title so a big collapse is over selling things somewhat.

I hope you are right but statements like that are still bold in my opinion.

In case anyone's interested ( I know at this current time its unlikely, more important things to think about :D) but ... Liverpool old boy Abert Reira scored on his debut for Watford yesterday, he's on loan from Udinese.

Anyone know if Ramires has been/will be charged? If so, which he should be, he would miss next Sundays game.

Final question - Is the Liverpool legends game tomorrow on TV? Heard a rumour on BT Sport but unsure if thats for certain. Wouldn't want to miss it if I can help it.
  • irishguyirishguy Posts: 22,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let's not get too cocky.... today's very nervy performance, demonstrating how crucial Hendo is and how much the midfield misses him.... it shows we're still far from the finish line. Tempting fate has a way of coming back and biting you in the ass! All the gloating in the Man U thread isn't helping either!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Malbren wrote: »
    Well thats obviously not true now is it? It is feasable to lose ONE game and still not win the title so a big collapse is over selling things somewhat.

I hope you are right but statements like that are still bold in my opinion.

In case anyone's interested ( I know at this current time its unlikely, more important things to think about :D) but ... Liverpool old boy Abert Reira scored on his debut for Watford yesterday, he's on loan from Udinese.

Anyone know if Ramires has been/will be charged? If so, which he should be, he would miss next Sundays game.

Final question - Is the Liverpool legends game tomorrow on TV? Heard a rumour on BT Sport but unsure if thats for certain. Wouldn't want to miss it if I can help it.

Definitely on Bt Sport, I think Balding is presenting it!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    irishguy wrote: »
    Let's not get too cocky.... today's very nervy performance, demonstrating how crucial Hendo is and how much the midfield misses him.... it shows we're still far from the finish line. Tempting fate has a way of coming back and biting you in the ass! All the gloating in the Man U thread isn't helping either!

It doesn't neccessarily. I mean we struggled to beat Fulhame 2-3 with a late pen with Hendo in the team, whats the difference? I really don't think 1 player missing made too much difference to be honest with you.

What gloating? Whose been saying what? Probably our local trolls more than proper Liverpool fans from here would be my guess.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    seellee wrote: »
    Definitely on Bt Sport, I think Balding is presenting it!

Cheers, good news. Let's hope we have more of that over the comings weeks :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It doesn't neccessarily. I mean we struggled to beat Fulhame 2-3 with a late pen with Hendo in the team, whats the difference? I really don't think 1 player missing made too much difference to be honest with you.

What gloating? Whose been saying what? Probably our local trolls more than proper Liverpool fans from here would be my guess.

I believe Hendo has started every game since sometime before christmas.... the midfield looked out of sorts without him... and Lucas isn't up to it yet. Anyway, the point was that we were lucky to get the 3 points... it could still all go pear shaped too easily

Think it was just one dude in the Man U thread.... probably was a troll... like that 'penalty' w@nk3r.... he;s banned now.... we should be above that kind of lame gloating.... after all we've endured it for 20 years
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think Allen was an able replacement and he played very well in the first half. If anything I think we missed Sturridge more and particularly his ability to hold the ball up, could have done with that at times in the 2nd half.

Lets not forget though, sometimes it isn't just about us, we are playing 11 other men and to be fair to Norwich they gave it a real good go, it's not always about us not doing everything right and sometimes you have to give credit to the opposition.

I thought Skrtel was absolutely immense today again, you can tell he really wants this. The amount of balls he got away and defended was unreal at times.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    irishguy wrote: »
    I believe Hendo has started every game since sometime before christmas.... the midfield looked out of sorts without him... and Lucas isn't up to it yet. Anyway, the point was that we were lucky to get the 3 points... it could still all go pear shaped too easily
    We've had those sort of games before though, all teams have them, we can't be invincible every game. I thought Lucas & Allen had perfectly fine games overall to be honest. Maybe we perhaps invited extra pressure by having too much possession just ahead of our penalty box at times. Anyway all was good in the end, we move on and hope for 3 more wins :)
    seellee wrote: »
    I think Allen was an able replacement and he played very well in the first half. If anything I think we missed Sturridge more and particularly his ability to hold the ball up, could have done with that at times in the 2nd half.

Lets not forget though, sometimes it isn't just about us, we are playing 11 other men and to be fair to Norwich they gave it a real good go, it's not always about us not doing everything right and sometimes you have to give credit to the opposition.

I thought Skrtel was absolutely immense today again, you can tell he really wants this. The amount of balls he got away and defended was unreal at times.

I'd largely agree with that yes. Skrtel was immense again I agree, apart from his odd own goal and shirt pulling he has been a revelation this season he really has.

Just watched the 1st 2 goals for the 4th time now, live, sky sports at 10, motd at 10.30 and now lfc tv at midnight :D Suarez's movement for his goal and Sterlings pass to him were both equally brilliant. :)
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Its easy, as anything can happen, as i said, look what Sunderland did to City and Chelsea, i bet theres many on here would have said, they'll just blow Sunderland away, nailed on 3 pointers for those 2, Sunderlands at the bottom, they can't score, havn't won for donks etc..., and then theres us today, everyone saying, we'll hammer em, Suarez will get about 5, another hat-trick for Suarez etc..., but its all changed now, no way are we gona hammer these teams now at the bottom, not when its do or die for them, their PL status on the line, they are going to fight now, Sunderland have shown that, as have Norwich today, as we certainly didn't blow them clean away like we did in previous games agains't them, and Suarez didn't get his 5, or even a hat-trick for that matter, were not there yet, still got 3 tough games to go.
  • Richie1001Richie1001 Posts: 8,217
    Forum Member
    3 big games - the league is a long way from being won and anyone saying it's already over is well wide of the mark. But - the fact we've got CL football next season is huge and puts us ahead of our targets already! Whatever happens, it's been an excellent season.

Onto Chelsea next. That will be a very tough game. Hopefully they will have both eyes on the CL fixture and we can take advantage of it. If we get 3 points of them I will start to feel much more confident. But Palace will also be a tough game, they're in great form. Newcastle is about the only game I've got any confidence in right now!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We've had those sort of games before though, all teams have them, we can't be invincible every game. I thought Lucas & Allen had perfectly fine games overall to be honest. Maybe we perhaps invited extra pressure by having too much possession just ahead of our penalty box at times. Anyway all was good in the end, we move on and hope for 3 more wins :)
    )

My problem with the game was that for large portions of the end of the 1st and the 2nd half we basically went to sleep. Far too much possession was given away by the midfield.... something that I don't think would have happened to the same degree if Henderson had been playing. Did no one really see them not scoring during those periods?

Thankfully half way through the second half Norwich ran out of energy and allowed us to get a certain degree of control back.... we got more possession and had a few decent channces on goal. Chelsea may not tire so easily next Sunday... although obviously the CL games they;re playing work in our favour.
  • TheMaskTheMask Posts: 10,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Credit to Norwich they never gave up

CL is now definate so anything else this season will be a bonus..the team has been excellent all season and BR has been a breath of fresh air around the place.

Going to finish on a negative and I have raised this point before..IMO the keeper is not up to it...BR should be keeping his eyes open

Ok I have my bullit proof vest on so shoot me down if you wish..:p
  • promo-onlypromo-only Posts: 3,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TheMask wrote: »

CL is now definate so anything else this season will be a bonus..the team has been excellent all season and BR has been a breath of fresh air around the place.

Going to finish on a negative and I have raised this point before..IMO the keeper is not up to it...BR should be keeping his eyes open

Both Mignolet and Sakho have me nervous any time a ball goes near them.

Mignolet takes far too long to clear the ball and he has a tendency to make some silly decisions. He's not the worst keeper in the world but he is below par sometimes.
  • snukrsnukr Posts: 19,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TheMask wrote: »

He saved a penalty in the opening day game against Stoke at Anfield which could prove crucial at the end of the season.
    It's not as though previous Liverpool goalkeepers haven't been prone to mistakes, Grobbelaar, Dudek, Reina..., fortunately for Mingolet most of his mistakes haven't cost us matches, because we've done the business at the other end.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BT Sport - Hillsborough game from 2.30

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BlvqvlyIMAERfRK.jpg
This discussion has been closed.