Options

How 'seriously good looking' is Johnny Depp?

Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
Forum Member
✭✭
I'd just like to know how many ladies (or indeed gay guys) fancy Depp.

I'm a straight guy. I thought I could recognise a good looking fella, but with Johnny Depp I just can't see it. :confused:

He's only about 5 feet 4, he has no personality, and he's nearly 50. Yet some chicks young enough to be his granddaughter look at him as if he's a hunk.

Is Johnny Depp really good looking or have you all been brainwashed? :p I'd particularly like to hear from peeps who don't fancy him and tell us why. :D

Comments

• Options
    Charlie ChuckCharlie Chuck Posts: 2,428
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't believe he's 47, looks 30.
  • Options
    FringoFringo Posts: 7,995
    Forum Member
    he is seriously, seriously good-looking. I don't have crushes on famous people but him I just can't help it.

Beautiful man.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think he looks ridiculous with that hair and beard.

The way he looks when he was in the first Nightmare on Elm Street film now that is the case of a man being ridiculously good looking :D
  • Options
    alfiewozerealfiewozere Posts: 29,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The cheekbones, the eyes....he's gorgeous.
  • Options
    Harry RedknappHarry Redknapp Posts: 4,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Extremely. I've seen him 2x in the flesh. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous.
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not just his looks that makes Johnny special, it's the whole package.

He could have easily had a career based on doing pretty boy roles but he's chosen not to play on his looks and his career has been better for it. He's damn sexy, he is a generous man who does so much to make others feel special, he is a devoted partner and father and he manages to live as normal a life as someone with his fame can. How can you not love him?

Even my partner thinks he's bloody marvellous
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HUBBA HUBBA, i could sit an look at him all day..................ahhhhhh :)
  • Options
    Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    Seen him in the flesh and he's ridiculously good looking, and as Blondie X said, it's the whole package that makes him so attractive
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    He is seriously good-looking - very very pretty - and yet I am not attracted to him. For me he just doesn't have that indefinable something that attracts me. I don't rate him as an actor either. He does seem like a decent guy, though.
  • Options
    KarmaChameleonKarmaChameleon Posts: 1,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh man, he is unbelievably good looking. I'd marry him in a second and he's a hell of a lot older than me. :D I really like the way he keeps his private life out of the media - I'm sick of knowing what all these celebs' kids look like but I don't have a clue about his.
  • Options
    RussellIanRussellIan Posts: 12,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't find him good-looking at all. I can see it for a while in his very early films, but his attractiveness decreased steadily from the mid-90s onwards for me. Far too gaunt for my tastes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't get the Johnny Depp thing at all. I can see he's a good looking bloke, just as I can see David Beckham and Brad Pitt are good looking blokes, but I need more than that, I need a brilliant personality to go along with the looks (or even the lack of, in some cases!).

I'm currently lusting after Matt Smith :D.

And I have never seen a Johnny Depp film all the way through :eek:.
  • Options
    *weeschmoo**weeschmoo* Posts: 9,713
    Forum Member
    Oh I think Johnny Depp looks like heaven on legs - I have done since I was 16:o he's got better looking over the years too I think.
  • Options
    RodriguezMan267RodriguezMan267 Posts: 28,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see the attraction of Johnny Depp, but what an amazing actor.
  • Options
    NotaTypoNotaTypo Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I spent the majority of "Public Enemies" marvelling at how pretty Johnny Depp was. The film was very disappointing, given the director and cast, but Depp, in close up, was gorgeous with curiously flawless skin.
  • Options
    EmmersonneEmmersonne Posts: 4,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Phwoar. *falls over in a swoon*
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    (imho) JD's attractiveness comes from the overall impression he gives - a combination of factors such as being a good bloke/interesting roles/looks etc. Difficult to isolate one thing :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,485
    Forum Member
    Not enough to make people see that film The Tourist :P
  • Options
    _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He isn't ageing well. He used to be beautiful (the way he looked in What's Eating Gilbert Grape fuelled my adolescent fantasies for quite some time, let me tell you) but now, not so much. Brad Pitt is the same.

Robert Downey Jr is probably the only one from that generation of actors who does genuinely seem to get more handsome with age.
  • Options
    Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very interesting comments. Thanks. :)
  • Options
    lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »

He could have easily had a career based on doing pretty boy roles but he's chosen not to play on his looks and his career has been better for it. He's damn sexy, he is a generous man who does so much to make others feel special, he is a devoted partner and father and he manages to live as normal a life as someone with his fame can. How can you not love him?

^^ Exactly this. He also marches to his own beat which is very attractive in anyone. A real all-rounder.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,105
    Forum Member
    Johnny Depp is more like 5'10". I think he's lost his looks a little, but he was a total hottie when he was younger.

Brad Pitt would still be attractive if not for the absolutely ridiculous looks he's sporting these days. It's as if he's trying to make himself look ugly!

http://blog.movieset.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/brad_pitt-oprah-mustache.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1387486/Brad-Pitt-takes-firm-hold-Angelina-Jolie-dine-Cannes.html
  • Options
    BathshebaBathsheba Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    _elly001 wrote: »
    He isn't ageing well. He used to be beautiful (the way he looked in What's Eating Gilbert Grape fuelled my adolescent fantasies for quite some time, let me tell you) but now, not so much. Brad Pitt is the same.

Robert Downey Jr is probably the only one from that generation of actors who does genuinely seem to get more handsome with age.

Disagree completely. Johnny Depp is beautiful and seems to have found the fountain of youth. A full head of thick hair, high cheekbones, youthful features. He looks early 30s. He looks better than 99% of men that are younger then him. I wish more men looked as good as him at his age. What a shame most of them seem to let themselves go in their 30s.
  • Options
    My Sweet LifeMy Sweet Life Posts: 1,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »

I agree. Not only is he not bad to look at, he's also an all round top bloke.

I also still fancy Brad Pitt, though I agree about him needing to lose the beard. Though it's not a new look.....

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://mtv-hu.mtvnimages.com/music-entertainment/brad-pitt-1994-wire.jpg%3Fwidth%3D418&imgrefurl=http://www.mtv.co.hu/music/artists/brad-pitt/photos/brad-pitt-1994-wire/%3Fflipbook%3Dbrad-pitt-egyedfejlodese&usg=__ZoyZw_FBtELNLq1qTEAiVS5tLzw=&h=597&w=418&sz=154&hl=en&start=0&zoom=1&tbnid=0fXBUiRoghW32M:&tbnh=155&tbnw=106&ei=k6fXTdKuKYiq8APJttyDBQ&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dbrad%2Bpitt1994%26hl%3Den%26biw%3D1608%26bih%3D789%26gbv%3D2%26tbm%3Disch&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=353&vpy=404&dur=90&hovh=268&hovw=188&tx=78&ty=132&sqi=2&page=1&ndsp=41&ved=1t:429,r:22,s:0
  • Options
    Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    lulu g wrote: »
    He is seriously good-looking - very very pretty - and yet I am not attracted to him. For me he just doesn't have that indefinable something that attracts me. I don't rate him as an actor either. He does seem like a decent guy, though.

This is how i feel about him.