Andre's "suffering"

Comments

• lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can (scuse the pun). Although we credit Pete with the veiled attack on Hyland, I think they are the words of CAN rather than Pete. They could have taken the criticism it on the chin, ignored it, made a funny return of serve but instead they make insinuations about what a sad little man Hylan is - and then tell lies about the direction of the viewing figures. That tells me two things - they're rattled and that pick fights with anyone who has the audacity to criticise them. Having said that, the positive image of Pete is more to do with having friends in certain publications than intimidating critics.

Absolutely no, Daisy! That came direct from the horse's mouth! I kind of assumed that was a given and everyone had read it as a CAN retort - remember Ian called CAN one half of the axis of evil so she's probably been seething and plotting and scheming revenge since then! And used PuppetPete as her revenge tool. :D But I totally disagree that CAN has some sort of power over the media or that they're restraining themselves for fear of repercussion. The absence of negative coverage is imo down to lack of care and interest as he's too insignificant to bother with.

Yes, good point re friends in low places. And most of what's written by Wooden gets picked up by the other rags so while it looks like it's all one big DOTY lovefest, the reality is more that it's just lazy space-filling and all pretty meaningless.
  • Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fizgig wrote: »
    About your bit in bold.
    The fact that PA has been in a mental institution, has suffered life-limiting panic attacks, and has to take medication for stress should really alert you to the fact that PA is damaged, rather than open-season material.
    IanH doesn't just watch his show and make a critique now and again, he seems to be personally antagonise him in his spare time too, so PA's comments are fair-do's.

I remember your 'post-feminism' remark about KP, but hopefully you read the piece by Caitlin Moran.

We've all had mental health issues at one time or other I'm sure. I have - yay! Guess what, we recover and resume our working and personal lives, just like I've done and Pete's done. I would never expect my past mental health issues to be an excuse for my vanity, for example.The things we take mick out of him for are his rampant nacissism which I do not believe is an illness.

I think KP has a more fundamental emotional disorder - people always talk of her dead eyed look, she seems utterly devoid of any relationship with her own body. She seemingly cannot be alone at any time, she fast-tracks relationships into marriage so they won't leave her - and when they do she does it again,and again. As Leo said - not wired right - and he was bang on.;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Strange thing, I was looking at something on youtube, nothing to do with any of this, when down the side I could see a KP interview, clicked on it, and then realised just how many chat shows she had appeared on without PA when they were together, Id seen his sulking face in the audience when she was a guest on piers morgan and Id watched his unbelievable mard attack when they were in the states on a radio show, where everyone wanted to talk to her and not him, but Id never realised until seeing this just how much he lived in her shadow, and, seeing as the first person he suddenly implicated as a reason for the split, turned out to be a gay, I do wonder if he, in a fit of jealousy put his kids through all of this :mad: just because he couldnt stand being Mr Pricey anymore :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    I think he's too insignificant and pointless for most of the print press (the tabloid mags/rags excluded but they're all in each other's pockets) to bother with. Can't see it being anything to do with the potential wrath of CAN tbh - what's she's gonna do? Prevent them from getting exciting exclusives about eg. his new fish tank?!

All DOTY's done, as far as IH is concerned, is made a total tit of himself. Which is funny because it's clear he was aiming for a light breezy 'lighten up' tone but instead came across as the illogical and petulant dimwit that he is.

Oh please dont mention the new fish tank :eek: I wouldnt want anything to jeopardise receiving news about that :eek:
  • Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Absolutely. I don't hate him, I just think he's a complete muppet and a buffoon and he amuses me greatly. I dislike his ex wife far more but I can't find much to laugh at her for these days, multiple marriages aside. I just feel sad for the way she carries on and that she appears to think it's normal.

I actually like taking the p*ss and having a bit of banter and thats my whole reason for coming on DS. if I ever thought I was taking any of this nonsense seriously, I'd be out of here like a shot

Buffoon & muppet are excellent descriptive words for PA, where I live he'd also be known as "a right wallaper" all 3 do exactly as they say on the tin.
    I'm probably what is classed as a lurker more than a poster but I've found this thread way too entertaining not to join in:D
    I just drove past CAN management HQ and i'm sure i saw a poster saying "Dog Idol" on the door. :eek:

Another kerching moment from CP, fish idol is next in the pipeline!
    Cym wrote: »
    For Pete's sake!
    A worringly paranoid Peter Andre has told a magazine that he finds it a bit mysterious that I somehow have the time to watch and write about his programmes.

Hmm, he’s not really getting the gist of this TV critic lark is he?

Then again, given that he calls himself a singer, entertainer and TV presenter it would appear that job descriptions are not exactly his strong point

:D:D:D nice one ;)

PA really should have taken Ian Hyland's comment on the chin & said nothing, he doesn't even have the brain power to realise he's just far too slow to start a war of words with IH.
    From Feb 2013 - "My coffee shop New York Coffee Club in Brighton has only been open for six months, but it’s already doing really well. Last week, we launched our own range of hot dogs, so you’ll have to come in to try one..."

:eek::eek::D

This gave me a wee chortle!:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Panic over,I've found the pug, it's on the back of the sofa/windowsill in picture 5:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-26796501.html

Edit: Oh should have gone to Specsavers - that 'dog' is clearly made out of metal :rolleyes:
  • livingdeadgirllivingdeadgirl Posts: 624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We've all had mental health issues at one time or other I'm sure. I have - yay! Guess what, we recover and resume our working and personal lives, just like I've done and Pete's done. I would never expect my past mental health issues to be an excuse for my vanity, for example.The things we take mick out of him for are his rampant nacissism which I do not believe is an illness.

I think KP has a more fundamental emotional disorder - people always talk of her dead eyed look, she seems utterly devoid of any relationship with her own body. She seemingly cannot be alone at any time, she fast-tracks relationships into marriage so they won't leave her - and when they do she does it again,and again. As Leo said - not wired right - and he was bang on.;)

Great post, spot on.

And with Katie's behaviour it seems pretty clear she's not really right in the head. She's as needy as he is, but perhaps in a different way. She does not care whether she receives positive or negative attention, so behaves as vulgar as she wishes without caring whether or not she's criticised for it.

I'd say Peter is the same but he's only after positive attention and praise, so he will do whatever he can to try and appear to fit this squeaky clean innocent image. He appears unable to handle criticism (eg. The Ian hyland comments) even if its not directed at him. He's kind of like the child who you have to "let" win just to keep the peace.

And this could even be why Peter and Katie didn't work out as a couple.

All just my opinion of course :)
    Forum Member

I seem to recall KP saying on one of her shows that she didn't know how to laugh & I didn't doubt for a minute that she was being serious, which really I find quite sad.
    Forum Member
    Panic over,I've found the pug, it's on the back of the sofa/windowsill in picture 5:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-26796501.html

But there was 2:eek:
  • annwannw Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As I have said before who said Pete was talking about Ian Hyland, is he the only tv critic.
    Forum Member
    annw wrote: »
    As I have said before who said Pete was talking about Ian Hyland, is he the only tv critic.

Ian Hyland mentions it in his column.
  • nerdgirlfromthek83nerdgirlfromthek83 Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone I follow tweeted that Peter Andre was in her office (she work for Cancer Research) yesterday and off course there was camera there. :rolleyes
  • hunniebunhunniebun Posts: 1,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    About your bit in bold.
    The fact that PA has been in a mental institution, has suffered life-limiting panic attacks, and has to take medication for stress should really alert you to the fact that PA is damaged, rather than open-season material.
    IanH doesn't just watch his show and make a critique now and again, he seems to be personally antagonise him in his spare time too, so PA's comments are fair-do's.

I remember your 'post-feminism' remark about KP, but hopefully you read the piece by Caitlin Moran.

That's pretty dramatic - I'm pretty sure his panic attacks weren't 'life limiting' - The term life-limiting illness is used to describe illnesses where it is expected that death will be a direct consequence of the specified illness.

If PA's mental health issues are still severe, he wouldn't be in the line of work he is now.
  • graculasgraculas Posts: 310
    Forum Member
    hunniebun wrote: »
    That's pretty dramatic - I'm pretty sure his panic attacks weren't 'life limiting' - The term life-limiting illness is used to describe illnesses where it is expected that death will be a direct consequence of the specified illness.

If PA's mental health issues are still severe, he wouldn't be in the line of work he is now.

The term "life limiting" is often used with regard to severe panic attacks because the sufferers gradually withdraw from many of their normal activities.
  • notfussynotfussy Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This.

Pug gate Day 4, the search continues...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    graculas wrote: »
    The term "life limiting" is often used with regard to severe panic attacks because the sufferers gradually withdraw from many of their normal activities.

Not in the medical profession it's not - a 'life limiting illness' is a terminal illness. I leaned this from having to read so much palative care literature :(

I know what Fizgig means in that it can greatly limit your ability to live a normal life for a time but it's not the correct phrase to use here.
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not in the medical profession it's not - a 'life limiting illness' is a terminal illness. I leaned this from having to read so much palative care literature :(

I know what Fizgig means in that it can greatly limit your ability to live a normal life for a time but it's not the correct phrase to use here.

Yes, Daisy that is my understanding of the phrase as well.

I have read loads of palliative care literature as well (a very sobering read) and it is a phrase that is widely used to describe that death will be a direct consequence of a condition that can not be cured. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I meant that his illness directly impacts and limits his life. Psyhlogical disordes are not neccessily curable either. Bipolar or social phobia etc can put limits on someone's life. Maybe life altering is the correct term?
    graculas wrote: »
    Thanks that's what I meant.

Wow, I've noticed before that a lot of PA's detractors are in the 'caring' profession. Has anyone else noticed this?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking at the trailer for his show, did Powell go on the Kenya trip, or has there been another filmed holiday?

It should be frankly embarrassing for Andre to keep having Powell and other staff, constantly assessing him on film. He is 40 years old and not a 3 year old undergoing potty training.

How many times do they look to the camera and say in all seriousness "Pete has reached a good place; Pete has now grown up; Pete is happier than I have seen him in a long time":rolleyes:
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bunny55 wrote: »
    Looking at the trailer for his show, did Powell go on the Kenya trip, or has there been another filmed holiday?

It should be frankly embarrassing for Andre to keep having Powell and other staff, constantly assessing him on film. He is 40 years old and not a 3 year old undergoing potty training.

How many times do they look to the camera and say in all seriousness "Pete has reached a good place; Pete has now grown up; Pete is happier than I have seen him in a long time":rolleyes:

It's so we can ooh and aah along with all the hangers-on at how brilliant and clever and brave he is to be able to do all the things he does (go to a shop, drink a coffee, buy a fish, fix his hair, tell his kids he loves them, fix his hair, lose a key, fix his hair, be late, fix his hair) despite being only 40 years old.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    notfussy wrote: »
    This.

Pug gate Day 4, the search continues...

Has anyone asked him directly on Twitter about the dogs? Might be worth a try.
    Yes, Daisy that is my understanding of the phrase as well.

I have read loads of palliative care literature as well (a very sobering read) and it is a phrase that is widely used to describe that death will be a direct consequence of a condition that can not be cured. :(

Whatever the circumstance of your reading palliative care, you have my deepest respect :)
    Wow, I've noticed before that a lot of PA's detractors are in the 'caring' profession. Has anyone else noticed this?

:confused: I have never been in the 'caring' profession (whatever it means when you put it in quotations:confused:..are you saying the caring profession don't care?). I did however, put my life on hold, move in with my mother and gave her 24/7 care for more than two years until she died. This is how I know so much about palliative and home hospice oncology care. It's a bit scary to suddenly be in charge of things like oxygen tanks, stomas and morphine so there's a lot to read. From this I know the medical profession use the term 'life limiting' because the word terminal is quite distressing.

On a lighter note Bunny I don't know if Mummy Claire went but the film crew did:
    He continued: "We turned off our phones while we were away and we had no internet or TV where we were staying, so it was great to get away from it all and properly relax. We enjoyed a few candlelit dinners and on the last night went to an amazing restaurant in Nairobi."

The pair managed to squeeze in a bit of filming for Peter Andre's reality show, My Life, in between their romantic candlelit dinners, so we'll be able to see some of the trip later in the series.
    Me,you and a film crew. How romantic.;)
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Whatever the circumstance of your reading palliative care, you have my deepest respect :)

Ditto, Daisy. :cool: You have my respect as well. :)
    :confused: I have never been in the 'caring' profession (whatever it means when you put it in quotations:confused:..are you saying the caring profession don't care?). I did however, put my life on hold, move in with my mother and gave her 24/7 care for more than two years until she died. This is how I know so much about palliative and home hospice oncology care. It's a bit scary to suddenly be in charge of things like oxygen tanks, stomas and morphine so there's a lot to read. From this I know the medical profession use the term 'life limiting' because the word terminal is quite distressing.

I shared your experience with one of my own relatives. She didn't last for over 2 years like your Mum Daisy, but the literature was a great help with the myriad of different things that needed doing.

It was the most rewarding 9 months of my life - I know that sounds absolutely ridiculous, but it was so special. :)

I actually came here to post something else, but saw your post and couldn't not respond.

I have now forgotten what I wanted to say ....... (which is probably not such bad thing) :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone asked him directly on Twitter about the dogs? Might be worth a try.

On a lighter note Bunny I don't know if Mummy Claire went but the film crew did:

Me,you and a film crew. How romantic.;)

I don't know why you seem to be offended that I assumed you had done some kind of care work from your comments about 'life limiting' etc. I've noticed quite a few posters at different times say they are a carer in some way shape or form.
    Quite a few on here, and quite a few on twitter who were avid KP fans/PA non-fans.
    And no I wasn't saying the caring profession don't care.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    It's so we can ooh and aah along with all the hangers-on at how brilliant and clever and brave he is to be able to do all the things he does (go to a shop, drink a coffee, buy a fish, fix his hair, tell his kids he loves them, fix his hair, lose a key, fix his hair, be late, fix his hair) despite being only 40 years old.

Well you clearly think it is an hour well-spent....:p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    As for ‘Pug gate‘….sounds like desperation to me ;). If the detractors are hoping Pete has got rid of the dogs, so they can make something of it, they are going to be disappointed.

It appears the pugs are alive and well and still valued members of the household. Charlie has made several tweets and posted a photo in last 24 hrs. They do know that the dogs have their own twitter, right…?

When asked about his on-screen absence, Charlie replied: “I was naughty so he said I might not get shown”.

(PMSL at the thought of the non-fans rushing over to check the twitter of one of Pete’s pets…:D )
This discussion has been closed.