Options

Cold hearted Nigella abandons stepdaughter

Comments

• Options
    BadcatBadcat Posts: 3,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh so you want the teenager who was abandoned to pick up the phone? Isn't it Nigella the adult who walked out of her life that should be calling her?

If it was roles reserved and Saatchi walked out and did not have contact with his step children, he would be condemned.

She walked out because he told her to go, so Nigella was made to leave.

As the reason for the divorce seems to be a very delicate matter (from the photo's taken that could be deemed as spouse abuse) and there could be other reasons we have not been made privy too, how EASY to you think it would be for Nigella to phone her, when it was her father's actions that are the reason for the divorce?

When you lose a loved one or go through a divorce/ separation, the person that has happened to are not the ones who should be phoning around everyone to ask "if they are o.k". It's the other way round.
  • Options
    Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh so you want the teenager who was abandoned to pick up the phone? Isn't it Nigella the adult who walked out of her life that should be calling her?

If it was roles reserved and Saatchi walked out and did not have contact with his step children, he would be condemned.

This young WOMAN has her own mother ..so how has she been abandoned by Nigella?and from the sounds of it Saatchi hasn't had contact with his step kids either... Should we be abusing him??.
  • Options
    Super_FurrySuper_Furry Posts: 774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I believe what was written.

It's funny people think the press could just make up stories and get away with it.

Aw. Bless. ;)
  • Options
    J.RJ.R Posts: 2,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to several separate comments in the DM she was invited to go with Nigella and family on holiday to new York - she refused! If that is true how can she say she has been abandoned? That very comment makes it sound like a poor little waif left in the gutter to starve! Nigella is keeping a dignified silence which makes a refreshing change from celebs who can't wait to sell their stories. I guess it's normal for a teenager to side with her father regardless but she would have done him more of a favour by keeping quiet than doing this silly story - which just sounds likes either spite or manipulation.
  • Options
    alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Cold hearted Mail demonises the hubby, destroys the marriage then goes on to demonise the ex wife."

Lovely news.
  • Options
    DallyDally Posts: 468
    Forum Member
    Charles Saatchi comes across as an extremely unpleasant control freak - to the point of actually having a personality disorder (maybe a narcissistic personality disorder?). His concerns seem to be all about how he 'looks' rather than actually caring about anyone else. His poor daughter. Nigella is well rid poor woman.
  • Options
    ejmejm Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So she cant be the adult and do the right thing? Seems you are excusing her for abandoning her step daughter. A mean spirited thing to take it out on her.

I think Nigella needs to stay away from the whole lot of them. There is only one person coming out of this with any dignity.
  • Options
    goonerladygoonerlady Posts: 978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    J.R wrote: »
    According to several separate comments in the DM she was invited to go with Nigella and family on holiday to new York - she refused! If that is true how can she say she has been abandoned? That very comment makes it sound like a poor little waif left in the gutter to starve! Nigella is keeping a dignified silence which makes a refreshing change from celebs who can't wait to sell their stories. I guess it's normal for a teenager to side with her father regardless but she would have done him more of a favour by keeping quiet than doing this silly story - which just sounds likes either spite or manipulation.

I agree I cannot see that she was abandoned when she was invited to go to New York by Nigella?

I really don't understand the need to have a go at someone who has made it clear will not talk to the press so both sides of the story are not known.It is time like this when I feel sorry for celebs it must be frustrating to have people saying all sorts of things about them that they have no idea what is really going on.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Man strangles wife in public, seeks divorce, receives it, blames her for not wanting to come back to England to spend time with her adult stepdaughter in the city where she was strangled where the man still resides, invites her on holiday to New York instead, has offer rejected. Is that about the sum of it?

I'm sorry, all I see is a woman who doesn't want to be in the vicinity of the man who attacked and divorced her and had her offer to spend time with her stepdaughter turned down. What a surprise.

I also have to agree the actual mother has a greater duty of care towards the daughter than the stepmother should normally have, assuming she is not a danger to herself or others.
  • Options
    daisiesfandaisiesfan Posts: 2,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I believe what was written.

It's funny people think the press could just make up stories and get away with it.

Give me an example of one story that the Daily Mail have made up. Oh but I guess you dont have one as its a cliche to say "And you believe the
    "

If you are that gullible that you believe eberything you read in this rag, I feel for you.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Man strangles wife in public, seeks divorce, receives it, blames her for not wanting to come back to England to spend time with her adult stepdaughter in the city where she was strangled where the man still resides, invites her on holiday to New York instead, has offer rejected. Is that about the sum of it?

I'm sorry, all I see is a woman who doesn't want to be in the vicinity of the man who attacked and divorced her and had her offer to spend time with her stepdaughter turned down. What a surprise.

I also have to agree the actual mother has a greater duty of care towards the daughter than the stepmother should normally have, assuming she is not a danger to herself or others.

100 % agree. Shame on the OP for this thread.
  • Options
    edExedEx Posts: 13,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Manipulative Charles forces daughter to speak to press.
    My thoughts too.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Manipulative Charles forces daughter to speak to press.

Exactly ..

This thread on the same thing has a much better title ..

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1871938
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The more he tries to paint Nigella as the one in the wrong, the more he looks like an even bigger loser.
    Nigella remains silent and classy. The way that she has walked away from the divorce is a lesson to celebrities on how it's done.
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,273
    Forum Member
    The girl is 18 an adult not a child and why hasn't said woman phoned her if she wants to speak to her??

Nigella isn't in the wrong here

Cause' control freak daddy probably forbid all contact.
  • Options
    Rowan HedgeRowan Hedge Posts: 3,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Spoiled brat with daddy issues has rant about evil wicked stepmother in call to Daily Mail.

That girl needs a swift slap into maturity, 5 yr olds have a more grown up mentality than that brat, as for her precious daddy oh woe poor me my heart bleeds for cowards that abuse their partners when in a relationship.

Still he is 72 and he has one foot in the grave.:D
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The man comes across as more of a control freak bully ever time I hear anything more about him. of course he's behind this stunt.
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saatchi is doing his upmost to turn everything on Nigella. With every move he makes, the man just comes across as even more of a creep.
  • Options
    mirandawebmirandaweb Posts: 3,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Remember that Rare Groove is the same person who kept saying in the other thread that Nigella clearly deserved the abuse because she didn't leave him.

I sense an under-bridge dweller with a wooden spoon.

As for the actual article. If the girl has been raised by a very controlling father, then I expect that she would find it very difficult to refuse if he kept pressuring her to make a statement to make Nigella look bad.

It sounds like she gave the mildest criticism that she could get away with and was very uncomfortable about it. Poor girl.

Any parent worth their salt would do their best to keep their child (of any age) out of the mess surounding a divorce. If he gave a damn about his daughter's feelings, then he'd be sending a private message to Nigella to highlight that the girl was upset, and offering to make it possible for his daughter to see her without any awkwardness from him being around.

As it is - he's forcing her into potential conflict with someone she probably cares a lot about. (Though hopefully Nigella will understand why she's had to do what she's done.)
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Exactly.

"Daddy will take away your trust fund"
    "Daddy won't pay for that holiday you wanted to go on"
    "Daddy won't buy you any more pretty things"
    "Daddy will write you out of his Will"

Well, indeed. She is possibly a very immature 18-year old, still tied to daddy's purse strings.

At 18, she is an adult and could feasibly walk away, but obviously there is too much at stake for her.

It seems like a contemptible position for any parent to put their child in.
  • Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    daisiesfan wrote: »
    The more he tries to paint Nigella as the one in the wrong, the more he looks like an even bigger loser.
    Nigella remains silent and classy. The way that she has walked away from the divorce is a lesson to celebrities on how it's done.

Blummin' well said! All of it ^.

I am loving the fact that Nigella is keeping her counsel and behaving with such dignity.

The one thing that worries me is that the Press, Daily Mail included, might start picking at Nigella because she isn't giving them the 'scoop' that they'll be fighting over. The fact that she's saying nothing limits what drama they can create around this event. This story is maybe a taste of what's to come. All the same, it's true that Saatchi's attempts to drag Nigella into the gutter with him seem to be failing spectacularly, up to date. He should take a leaf out of her book and shut up, if he wants to regain any dignity. He sounds like a man who is out of his depth when he can't get his own way.

Using your 'children' to score points is pretty cheap anyway. I don't buy the suggestion (in the article) that his daughter did this entirely of her own volition.
  • Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    More Daily Mail bollox , and Saatchi is just as bad
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    Bet shes wishing shed never met him and his family
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mirandaweb wrote: »
    Remember that Rare Groove is the same person who kept saying in the other thread that Nigella clearly deserved the abuse because she didn't leave him.

I sense an under-bridge dweller with a wooden spoon.

As for the actual article. If the girl has been raised by a very controlling father, then I expect that she would find it very difficult to refuse if he kept pressuring her to make a statement to make Nigella look bad.

It sounds like she gave the mildest criticism that she could get away with and was very uncomfortable about it. Poor girl.

Any parent worth their salt would do their best to keep their child (of any age) out of the mess surounding a divorce. If he gave a damn about his daughter's feelings, then he'd be sending a private message to Nigella to highlight that the girl was upset, and offering to make it possible for his daughter to see her without any awkwardness from him being around.

As it is - he's forcing her into potential conflict with someone she probably cares a lot about. (Though hopefully Nigella will understand why she's had to do what she's done.)

^^ Yep! Get back to your Daily Fail OP. You deserve each other.
  • Options
    Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »
    Cause' control freak daddy probably forbid all contact.

I agree with you ... That man is a nasty piece of work