• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Cliff singing, I'M OUT
  • Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've only caught the last 30 mins or so this week as I watch FIAB.

Its too shouty and loud for me....and the same old, same old guests on!

Think I'll give it a miss
  • Options
    jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've only caught the last 30 mins or so this week as I watch FIAB.

Its too shouty and loud for me....and the same old, same old guests on!

Think I'll give it a miss

Yes same guests, before season is out, i bet u will have.

Brian Conley
    Denise Van Outen
    Johhny Vaughan
    Ross Kemp
    Barbara Windsor
    Mel Skyes, to name a few
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,553
    Forum Member
    OMG.. this is appalling tv. I really like Paul but have now turned off.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Has the real Cliff Richard died, and that is just a marionette puppet, what an odd bloke
  • Options
    fizzler333fizzler333 Posts: 2,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had to turn off when a kid came on dressed as a bus, what other of his mates did he have on?
  • Options
    solenoidsolenoid Posts: 15,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fizzler333 wrote: »
    I had to turn off when a kid came on dressed as a bus, what other of his mates did he have on?

Thomas the Tank engine?
  • Options
    TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Won't be watching any more of this series, a shame really.

Probably down to Paul being too involved with the production side of things, you need some distance to be a good producer.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Brian Conley
    Denise Van Outen
    Johhny Vaughan
    Ross Kemp
    Barbara Windsor
    Mel Skyes, to name a few

Dont forget Cilla Black :(:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Sammy2Sammy2 Posts: 2,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not really a fan so far
    A bit cringey in places for me but maybe it will get better

I might revisit the show in a couple of weeks
  • Options
    Forum Member
    wrong thread :rolleyes::rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Teatime tat for grannies and grandads in nursing homes....... sane people should avoid like the plague.
  • Options
    Face Of JackFace Of Jack Posts: 7,181
    Forum Member
    Well sorry, but I am probably one out a hundred people to say that I am enjoying this series!
    It's nice tea-time entertainment with some fun banter between guests and is comfortable viewing.
    Love that Olga is still on show at the start....love her miserable expressions!! Glad that Joyce is back too - she's a fun person(if you can call it that! :D:D).

Much better than his late night show a while ago anyway!
  • Options
    FM LoverFM Lover Posts: 50,851
    Forum Member
    Well sorry, but I am probably one out a hundred people to say that I am enjoying this series!
    It's nice tea-time entertainment with some fun banter between guests and is comfortable viewing.
    Love that Olga is still on show at the start....love her miserable expressions!! Glad that Joyce is back too - she's a fun person(if you can call it that! :D:D).

Much better than his late night show a while ago anyway!

Me too, I do think Paul is a fabulous entertainer.

Watching one +1 as I like Pointless.
    I noticed that around 6.15 a notice came on screen saying that for legal reasons they could not repeat whatever went out live an hour earlier. It was just before Alan Carr came on.

Cliff is just Cliff, he ain't my cup of tea but he's got stacks of fans still.

Paul makes no qualm about his audience, even at the beginning of he show he said that the audience shared just one tooth between them all.

It's a refreshing change from quiz shows night after night.
  • Options
    BluejuBlueju Posts: 773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ive swerved this series. I used to like Paul's show the first couple of series, but eventually it got that same old, same old, even Paul himself was fed up. He seems to flit between wanting one format, then feeling restricted then going back to it.. Pretty sure he said one time he was cheesed off with people coming on promoting things that he had to pre read etc. The 9pm show turned into a parody of the 5pm one albeit with a bit more risqué stuff.. though the same type of guests etc. Its a pity really as hes naturally a really funny, acerbic, smart fella.
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    rhumble wrote: »
    Cliff singing, I'M OUT

An excellent singer and a total legend
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SULLA wrote: »
    An excellent singer and a total legend

You sound like Terry on the SCD thread - he bangs on about Bruce in much the same fashion :D
  • Options
    Nesta RobbinsNesta Robbins Posts: 30,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    What's wrong with Cliff's speech and his hair :o for that matter. Really hate all the screaming :(

Yes, I thought he looked and sounded a bit frail and unwell. Unless of course, it's simply age beginning to catch up with him. I guess even Cliff isn't immune forever! Singing and moving he's obviously still got some energy, but the "young" hair, together with the dreadful greenish hair dye, is far from flattering anymore.
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,553
    Forum Member
    Yes, I thought he looked and sounded a bit frail and unwell. Unless of course, it's simply age beginning to catch up with him. I guess even Cliff isn't immune forever! Singing and moving he's obviously still got some energy, but the "young" hair, together with the dreadful greenish hair dye, is far from flattering anymore.

I wondered if his false teeth were becoming to big for his gums :o

I find it quite sad when they cannot give up on the 'young look'. The pressure must be awful for them :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I did quite well, I lasted 20-25 minutes just to see Alan Carr but he seemed very hyper and flat at the same time. confused: Paul really needs to do something new as this is just tired and unfunny.
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    You sound like Terry on the SCD thread - he bangs on about Bruce in much the same fashion :D

Making one six word post in reply to another is hardly banging on. ;)
  • Options
    nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am still enjoying it, yes its the same old guests and format, but that worked for them then.
  • Options
    Rich Tea.Rich Tea. Posts: 22,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Brian Conley
    Denise Van Outen
    Johhny Vaughan
    Ross Kemp
    Barbara Windsor
    Mel Skyes, to name a few

Go to the itv.com website and there is a list of all his shows over the coming weeks and all the guests who are coming on.

He better not have Cilla. He's done the big, overbearing gushing tribute show to her just recently and there is no need or want for her to turn up on this show now as well. By the way, after that last Cilla show by Paul I went to a website that had lots of members of airline cabin crew who comment on famous people on flights they work on, and every single comment about Cilla was that she was atrocious! It was huge fun to read, just wish I could recall what site it was now. Needless to say that people like Paul O'Grady came out smelling of roses with not a bad word against their name. That makes him & Cilla a weird combo then!

The calendar skit at the end of Paul's show today was pretty shocking in its awfulness. The way he was talking earlier in the show I was imagining him getting some buff toned semi naked men to adorn him for each month.

No need for the Cliff snipes however, he's always great and who wouldn't want to look so fine at 73. Just one question it seems hard to find an answer to. Is that a wig or just hair dye on a good thatch?
  • Options
    SpiceymikeSpiceymike Posts: 33
    Forum Member
    How many years has it been since the Channel 4 series? It feels like a while, I keep thinking around 3 years or so?

Also has it been mentioned why he returned to ITV for the regular slot? Has there been a sudden change in controllers or heads that agreed to it? I remember he did have issues over the shows becoming HD or something, or something about the budget/cost contributing towards it when he didn't see the point due to the type of audience its aimed at.

I'm kinda mixed towards the show still. On one hand I like that it has 'traditional' values and how it caters to that style of audience. I even like the small touches of someone coming on stage with a display card for contact details of the show. It's stuff like that you don't see nowadays.

On the other hand it does annoy me that nothing has really changed either. I too agree that stuff like the calendar segment is just too much and I had a feeling it was going to be something like that. Those segments always make me think they do them because it'll look good whenever they have to piece together a clip show. Plus I'm finding cheeky kids on there to be annoying or that they struggle just to read the Autocue!