Oscar Pistorius Trial (Merged)

Comments

• bookcoverbookcover Posts: 6,216
    Forum Member
    Not offended at all. I have no idea what your post meant.

Ah, I see.

Well, There was Mr Dixon. The University chap who gave evidence regarding sound, bat and gun stuff. had a recording. It turned out to be two different recordings made on two different days, in two locations, by two different people.

The poor chap was ripped to sheds by Nel. The classic question of Nell asking him if he was a sound expert was met with the answer "Yes I think I am a sound expert" then Nel had to explain no, he meant "are you an acoustics expert?" "No"

One of the men doing the scientific recording stuff in the background, was a sound effects guy, a DJ mixer chap in a studio.

Not a very good attempt by the DT to prove noises.

So Lin so to speak was either the 2nd or 3rd expert involved, or possibly the 1st, whichever way you wish to look at it.
  • Siobhan_MooreSiobhan_Moore Posts: 6,365
    Forum Member
    oscar's been tweeting

Barry Bateman @barrybateman · 30m
    #OscarPistorius tweeted for the first time since Valentines Day, starting with a Bible verse. “The Lord is close to the brokenhearted.” BB

Barry Bateman @barrybateman · 28m
    #OscarPistorius also tweeted a collage of pics featuring himself with disabled children and an inspirational quote. BB
    Forum Member
    Further to the gun test being done on the range for sound recordings. Firstly they couldn't find Black Talon bullets to use.

secondly it was done in the open air, different, conditions to the night in question, different acoustics altogether.

Thirdly, the gun jammed, so the repeat shots were mixed in studio.

Fourthly, background noise level was different to those of bat sounds recording played in court.

Fifth. None of this could be visually be verified in court took place.

No details of recording equipment used was given in any great detail, or scientific details like Lin had done.

No reports made.

so on and so forth.

OP swung the bat at Uncle A house.

Mr Dixon Fired the gun on the Range.
  • Moody BlueMoody Blue Posts: 5,686
    Forum Member
    oscar's been tweeting

#OscarPistorius tweeted for the first time since Valentines Day, starting with a Bible verse. “The Lord is close to the brokenhearted.” BB

#OscarPistorius also tweeted a collage of pics featuring himself with disabled children and an inspirational quote. BB

Do me a favour Siobhan?....................pass me the bucket!
    Forum Member
    oscar's been tweeting

Oh really, does he think that he can start wooing the public again now? he is in the clear, good job done and all that. :confused:
  • benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That he has tweeted this, at this stage, at this time is beyond tragic . Still No deep regret, no remorse. He has no comprehension of what he has done other than how it impacts on himself.
    Oscar shut your mouth up. Zip it. Button it. Say nothing.
    Forum Member
    Moody Blue wrote: »

*passes bucket*
    Forum Member

Oh just wait until all the hearts and flower brigade start, white balloons popping all over the shop with excitement in the crush, he will be a right mess :o:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oscar's been tweeting

Thank you. In the Bible verse image that he Tweeted he was thoughtful enough to take a Selfie of his thumb for all of his fans. LOL! But then when you read the verse that he is covering with his thumb it is about punishment here on earth, whips to be exact. I think that OP is a very weird dude, should head back to Westkoppies, tell them the truth about what is in his head, and let them help him.

https://mobile.twitter.com/OscarPistorius/status/488360827930836992
    Forum Member
    bookcover wrote: »
    Oh just wait until all the hearts and flower brigade start, white balloons popping all over the shop with excitement in the crush, he will be a right mess :o:D

they've already started if you look at the replies to his tweets
  • ClaireChClaireCh Posts: 5,899
    Forum Member
    BIB Yes i agree . How can you build a defense when all your expert witnesses are last minute?
    I mean , even mr.Lin (supposedly brought in to cast doubt on ear-witness testimony) , one would think that countering Burger/Johnson/Stipp would have been one of the top priorities....look when he turned up.

yes the delay in getting the acoustics expert Lin was a prime example.

Not only were there new buildings put up since last year, but he didn't even perform tests from the witnesses houses, only from the source of sound, and did it in a completely different season to when the incident happened, when moisture and ground conditions were not comparable.

He didn't even test the sounds of the bat either!! And he had no idea how loud a person would scream with their life about to be taken.

Useless !
  • Moody BlueMoody Blue Posts: 5,686
    Forum Member
    *passes bucket*

Thank you, passes it back for emptying :D
    Forum Member

:D:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you. In the Bible verse image that he Tweeted he was thoughtful enough to take a Selfie of his thumb for all of his fans. LOL! But then when you read the verse that he is covering with his thumb it is about punishment here on earth, whips to be exact. I think that OP is a very weird dude, should head back to Westkoppies, tell them the truth about what is in his head, and let them help him.

https://mobile.twitter.com/OscarPistorius/status/488360827930836992

I imagine he could be quite a high suicide risk right now. It's very sad and as I've said before, I don't think he is all bad. He did a terrible thing but I still don't believe he is all bad.
    Forum Member
    Thank you, passes it back for emptying :D

hahaha. i'm not emptying it too!
  • ds1969ds1969 Posts: 621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    benjamini wrote: »
    John Stander receives a phone call from OP to say he has shot his girlfriend. She is fatally wounded. Neither OP nor Stander phone emergency services.
    Stander arrives at OPs house. He sees OP carrying her downstairs. Still neither of them have phoned emergency services .
    Dr Stipp turns up and examines her and concludes she is dead. He asks if anyone has phoned emergency services. No one has .
    Stander apparently does not know the number, and gets Stipp to phone.
    What a load of bollocks.

And some posters nit pick over the the behaviour of prosecution witnesses. :confused:

So what exactly are you suggesting?

That OP phoned Stander and said... 'I've got a bit of a problem, I got annoyed with my girlfriend, killed her in cold blood and need a bit of help. Oh, and being the good neighbour that I know you are, I see you've also got a young daughter. Can you make sure you bring her along to 'help out' as well.?
    Forum Member
    I imagine he could be quite a high suicide risk right now. It's very sad and as I've said before, I don't think he is all bad. He did a terrible thing but I still don't believe he is all bad.

have you seen him grinning and sniggering and plotting in court during his own trial?

he is a conman, an actor, putit.

if he considered suicide it would not be for his guilt for Reeva. He believes in his own lies, helped along by his family. Once he takes responsibility and tells people what he did, then I could maybe find a tiny bit of compassion for him.
  • benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ds1969 wrote: »

That OP phoned Stander and said... 'I've got a bit of a problem, I got annoyed with my girlfriend, killed her in cold blood and need a bit of help. Oh, and being the good neighbour that I know you are, I see you've also got a young daughter. Can you make sure you bring her along to 'help out' as well.?

Interesting interpretation.
    Forum Member

as far as I can see benjamini is not suggesting what you have said - she's only putting the facts of what happened out there.

none of the 3 of them attempted to call an ambulance.
    Forum Member
    they've already started if you look at the replies to his tweets

I dare not...should I? :confused:
  • pinkbandanapinkbandana Posts: 1,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I agree. I can't see what else is being suggested.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ClaireCh wrote: »
    have you seen him grinning and sniggering and plotting in court during his own trial?

he is a conman, an actor, putit.

if he considered suicide it would not be for his guilt for Reeva. He believes in his own lies, helped along by his family. Once he takes responsibility and tells people what he did, then I could maybe find a tiny bit of compassion for him.

Don't get me wrong, I'm with you that the suicide would not be out of guilt for what he done but rather for fear of the impending years he will spent in prison. I'd like him to take responsibility and admit the truth of that night but I doubt he will. It's been a long trial and his behaviour in court has been strange to say the least of late (although frankly I'm not sure I blame him sniggering while Denman was giving evidence - it was practically the nail in his coffin so he was probably internally going a little hysterical!).

I don't (maybe still unwilling to) believe he planned to murder her but believe that he killed her in rage. I'm sure he regretted it moments later and still does even so. I think he's been stupid with guns (macho stuff) and I can see he has a temper but I don't think he is all bad and he has done some good work for people with disabilities in the past.
  • ds1969ds1969 Posts: 621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BIB. Before someone jumps all over your post - and worse; accuses me of authorship :D it might be as well for you to make an adjustment to that part, to reflect the fact that a barrister's duty is also to the court, mustn't mislead the court, etc..

Yep, I'm personally not in agreement with all of the lawyer's statement. The last paragraph was still verbatim from the article. I left a gap between the two paragraphs, which probably made it look like last paragraph was an opinion of mine.

I should have left that part out to avoid confusion, but wanted to make sure it wouldn't be suggested I was 'cherry-picking' just one part of his statement. :)
  • jpscloudjpscloud Posts: 1,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes... I don't take any pleasure from knowing he must be in a living hell now but what he did was inexcusable so he has to answer for it in court.

What makes him a bad person in my view is that he was so selfish and stupidly reckless as to carry loaded guns around, have them to hand at all times and load them with bullets designed not just to kill but to rip apart.

That coupled with the fact that he was perfectly ok with blasting the living daylights out of a human being he couldn't even see (I don't buy the firing on instinct or being startled into firing unthinkingly) - it was either murder in a rage, or murder by playing God with a "burglar's" life.

Whichever story is the truth, those moral choices made him a bad person. Whether he's managed to change that now and has more respect for human life is another question, but he still has to answer for what he did.

I don't accept the excuse that he lived in a culture where crime is rampant, where many choose to defend themselves with firearms, and where it's "normal" to kill in self defence. Whatever your personal circumstances, whatever you are surrounded by, you make your own moral choices about what is acceptable to do to other human beings, whether they're burglars/violent intruders or not.

I won't be celebrating if he gets a lengthy prison sentence, but I will feel that justice has been done.
  • saralundsaralund Posts: 3,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That text he's quoting is from Viktor Frankl's 'Man's search for meaning', an amazing book about Frankl's survival in a Nazi concentration camp. He was imprisoned there for being a Jew, not for having done anything criminal or wrong.

I think there's something important OP hasn't grasped.
This discussion has been closed.