Joe Calzage Admits To Cocaine Use

gemmaovwales03gemmaovwales03 Posts: 7,183
Forum Member
NOTW have caught Joe Calzage out and got him on camera admitting to secret drug sessions.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/news/765953/Joe-Calzaghe-cocaine-shame-Boxing-Strictly-star-admits-secret-drug-sessions.html

Comments

• zx50zx50 Posts: 91,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People who use cocaine [who aren't addicts], I'd say they've ran out of things to spend their money on and have resorted to using this drug to achieve their next high. They must have too much money to be using this drug casually.
  • MadonnaMIXMadonnaMIX Posts: 9,692
    Forum Member
    What a idiot
  • roidboy_roidboy_ Posts: 1,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i see he was slaggin off boxers who always praise him

coke nosed druggie with a huge ego

joe made a career out of fighting over the hill legends and european bums...

i rate lennox, naz, hatton eubank, ben over joe anyday..noway will joe ever be regarded as the best british boxer of all time
  • Tiger RoseTiger Rose Posts: 11,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What an absolute idiot.

Very damaging to his reputation.

How hypocritical of him to slag off Ricky hatton for damaging his health through his food binges. Snorting Coke is hardly a great boost to your health.
  • Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    What a moron. He sounds like a right prick as well.
  • BorefestBorefest Posts: 9,557
    Forum Member
    who do reckon the well known soap star was ?
  • plymeverton1878plymeverton1878 Posts: 697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cocaine is a hell of a drug.

Seriously, I dont understand how anyone hasn't partaken at some part of their lives in this. Sheltered upbringing maybe.
  • BorefestBorefest Posts: 9,557
    Forum Member

Seriously, I dont understand how anyone hasn't partaken at some part of their lives in this. Sheltered upbringing maybe.

well if thats the case I am glad I have led a "sheltered life" :eek:
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Since he quit boxing and moved onto a secondary 'career' as a minor celebrity he has proven to be quite annoying........and a bit of an idiot, as demonstrated here.
  • Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member

Having spent some evenings in the company of people coked out of their heads, and being bored out of my skull by them, I'm more then happy to continue with my sheltered upbringing
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Grow up :rolleyes:

Lived in London most of my life and never been offered cocaine and I certainly haven't had a sheltered life, far from it in fact.

As another poster said, haven't spent evenings in the company of people on said drug, I'd far rather live without ever repeating the experience. Cocaine make people boring, egotistical tossers and that's not really my idea of a good night out.
  • fizzycatfizzycat Posts: 6,120
    Forum Member

I have never tried it and never wanted to - nothing to do with 'sheltered upbringing' and everything to do with 'got more sense and self-respect'.
  • taurus_67taurus_67 Posts: 6,952
    Forum Member
    Calzage seems to be losing the plot bit-by-bit these days. If he doesn't get himself sorted out he could end up wandering down the same road as Frank Bruno.

I'd love to know who the 'nobody' was that knocked Ricky Hatton out? Is he referring to Pacquiao or Mayweather?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's a sad generalisation. I've never taken drugs and don't want to. I've not been sheltered.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/login.php?do=logout&logouthash=a9374bb9d34c4805ba17a354c7f0155d
  • Tiger RoseTiger Rose Posts: 11,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Sadly it's that sort of attitide that leads to a lot of people taking drugs even if they don't want to as they don't want to fell 'left out' or 'boring'.

If you want to take drugs then fine, that's your choice but don't belittle others who make different choices.
  • ritchritch Posts: 2,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is probably going through a rough time after his retirement, so you are probably being a bit hard on him guys. Do any of you know what its like to retire after being a boxer all your life, I don’t so I’m not going to judge the guy for making some mistakes. Boxers go through a hard time of it, some don’t quit because they cant give up that high, look at Muhammad Ali, who continued until his body literally wouldn’t let him, many others have gone the same way. As someone said, if he continues down that path it will be a shame as he will end up with psychological issues.

I think the slagging off has been blown out of proportion a as well, Hamed deserves slagging off but all he said was that he is overweight, which is true, he was probably more negative towards Hamad in his book. As for Hatton and Khan, those comments seem more like opinions, he even said in an interview a while ago that Hatton should quit to save his health. Those guys probably know what he thinks. Plus reporting a conversation when off your head is a very low blow, are there any conversations you have ever had when your pissed and thought thank god know one remembers half of what I said? You cant now say, “yeah I hate the guy now, he is an arrogant twat”, your just basing that on stupid articles.

I’m surprised people jump on this stuff, he got rumbled for taking drugs so they think its important to mention that he made a few comments about people, I’m more concerned about the drug taking and hope Calzage sorts himself out.. he not like a lot of these z celebs in the way he has worked very hard for over 20 years to get where he is. like him or not, he deserves respect.
  • ValLambertValLambert Posts: 11,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mr Calzage is mixing with a new crowd now. He has left sport behind to become a "celebrity" ie turning up at parties with no other particular purpose in life. He was on the road with his last girlfriend with the fake boobs.

Thing is he could have done a lot more, got involved with sport for kids in deprived areas etc. No he'd rather be poncing about posing for the paps. A huge let down.
  • FBIFBI Posts: 817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who cares? Pretty sad that a newspaper thought it was worthwhile entrapping someone in this way.
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ValLambert wrote: »
    Mr Calzage is mixing with a new crowd now. He has left sport behind to become a "celebrity" ie turning up at parties with no other particular purpose in life. He was on the road with his last girlfriend with the fake boobs.

Thing is he could have done a lot more, got involved with sport for kids in deprived areas etc. No he'd rather be poncing about posing for the paps. A huge let down.

Yes; he's gone down the predictable celebrity fame and parties route, complete with the brassy blonde Russian girlfriend in tow. It's all very boring, unfortunately. :yawn:
  • taurus_67taurus_67 Posts: 6,952
    Forum Member
    FBI wrote: »
    Who cares? Pretty sad that a newspaper thought it was worthwhile entrapping someone in this way.

Joe's 'concerned friend' got the newspaper involved. You have to wonder though.

The only slightly amusing thing for me is the thought of the 'soap star' crapping themselves that they might be next weeks headline.
  • M. TouretteM. Tourette Posts: 6,967
    Forum Member
    FBI wrote: »

Virtually every journalist I have known has done coke. They are the worst offenders and to feed their habit they go out and accuse everyone else of the things that they do themselves,
    The Journalists / reporters are hypocrites if you see a story about a celeb doing x or y it is usually because the journo was doing similar in the same circles and has heard about it and is now making money from it.
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    Borefest wrote: »
    who do reckon the well known soap star was ?

I reckon it's the mitchell ;)
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    fizzycat wrote: »
    I have never tried it and never wanted to - nothing to do with 'sheltered upbringing' and everything to do with 'got more sense and self-respect'.

100% agree
  • plymeverton1878plymeverton1878 Posts: 697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wield my troll sword +1 and strike for 66 damage.