Options

Richard Keys Interview.........

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 563
Forum Member
✭✭
Live with Hawksbee & Jacobs in a few minutes!:)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 48
    Forum Member
    Wonder if he was popping in for a meeting re: future work? (Kidding)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why is he trying hard to sound sooooo sad?:rolleyes::D.......also, i wonder what he has to say about the new video of him?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Interesting listen.
  • Options
    ahoymeisterahoymeister Posts: 1,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Digging a hole for himself it seems.
  • Options
    wckartistwckartist Posts: 1,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hardly surprising karen brady wouldn't return his call....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    H&J keeping their distance by the sound of it. Keys only said sorry to save himself.......not because he meant it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    keefjaxon wrote: »
    Keys only said sorry to save himself.......not because he meant it.

with you on that one!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's quite clear Keys thinks someone at Sky is trying to fry him........but "won't pass comment" on it.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    trec123trec123 Posts: 4,419
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is he trying hard to sound sooooo sad?:rolleyes::D.......also, i wonder what he has to say about the new video of him?

I don't think that's sadness - I think he's angry and thinks he's been stitched up.
    I can see him walking if he's not pushed - he seems to think he's being persecuted (plus, he probably is trying out the water in case he needs a new job!)
  • Options
    Media PrincessMedia Princess Posts: 119
    Forum Member
    H&J keeping their distance by the sound of it. Keys only said sorry to save himself.......not because he meant it.

Like most things in life it takes two to tango, Andy Gray has already been sacked for his sexist remarks and I would say the same fate should be handed out to Mr Keys, he was as much involved in the sexist remarks as Andy Gray was so therefore should suffer the same consequences......
  • Options
    CrazyeyeskillerCrazyeyeskiller Posts: 4,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Talk about digging a hole for himself. He really wants to shout "so what who cares!!" but stopping himself.

I think the whole issue is more age based than anything else. Keys assertion that Rio's twitter about prehistoric banter was wrong for him to say cos "worse goes on in man u changing room I HAVE BEEN TOLD" is just laughable in the extreme. For a start its not the point and secondly Keys has no proof whatsoever. For what it's worth there probably is some JOKEY banter in modern day changing rooms but Gray and Keys words were just scathing, no banter there, they could not have been more serious.

Keys at one point early on ininterview tried to say that it wasn't just him and Gray but actually the whole studio!! What a joke. He should have just shut up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like most things in life it takes two to tango, Andy Gray has already been sacked for his sexist remarks and I would say the same fate should be handed out to Mr Keys, he was as much involved in the sexist remarks as Andy Gray was so therefore should suffer the same consequences......

yes, in fact it was keys who brought it to grays attention
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i've also been watching Sky Sports News......Charlotte Jackson really doesn't look happy at being on air right now.

i bet a few pillocks out there have made their points to her.......although it's not her fault that Gray is an overblown football arsehead.

Keys should go too.....after that new video of him trying to squeeze in with the ex-pros.....he just looks like a little boy without a clue.
  • Options
    Media PrincessMedia Princess Posts: 119
    Forum Member
    wckartist wrote: »
    yes, in fact it was keys who brought it to grays attention

Very true, it was Mr Keys who initiated the conversation and then went on to have a pop at West Ham chairwoman Karen Bradey, I agree that BSkyB Sports acted correctly in removing Andy Gray from his post, by the same token Richard Keys should also be removed to give a clear message to other presenters that outbursts like that will not be tolerated....

Otherwise it will be seen as acceptable to BSkyB to make sexist remarks but only by certain individuals....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I notice he's not said anything in defence of Andy Burton - I really can't see what that guy said wrong - are you not allowed to say someone is good looking?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cue the squeaky-clean Jamie Redknapp and the smooth and not-so-hairy Ben Sheppard.
    :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    He should just take it on the chin, eat humble pie and do a bit of grovelling if he wants to keep his job. Trying to justify yourself or paint the comments as anything other than scathing won't wash with anyone.

They should get him on 5 Live this weekend for Fighting Talk. Defending the Indefensible anyone?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cue the squeaky-clean Jamie Redknapp and the smooth and not-so-hairy Ben Sheppard.
    :D

think you could be spot on there matey!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is going from bad to worse - it's like Big Ron now going on about his early days at West Bromand the black players.

And WHY does he keep saying "don't blame Sian" - no one is !!?!?!?!

And there's another clanger "Charlotte can handle herself" PR nightmare.
  • Options
    ahoymeisterahoymeister Posts: 1,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    trec123 wrote: »
    I notice he's not said anything in defence of Andy Burton - I really can't see what that guy said wrong - are you not allowed to say someone is good looking?

Burton has a very chequered track record for various reasons and his behaviour needs to be exemplary as a consequence.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Burton has a very chequered track record for various reasons and his behaviour needs to be exemplary as a consequence.

Ah, ok - you obviously know more about him than I do (I must admit as a reporter I don't like him much, but it seemed to me he'd been hard done by here)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is going from bad to worse -

yes, agree

drowning, not waving.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's funny how when something needs to be answered .....he can't comment on it..........it was his un-needed comments that got him here in the first place.

he's pretty transparent at deflecting the hot questions.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeh or says "very selective" part they have taken there - he's getting himself the sack here me thinks.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wckartist wrote: »
    think you could be spot on there matey!

I always thought Ben Sheppard was a bit quiet and housewives-choice to me, but cast your mind back to Keys on TV-am and he wasn't that dissimilar. He moulded himself to the role and has done a great job to date.

Ben should be a good replacement, and Redknapp is VERY female friendly, judging by his advertising contracts with M&S.........