The quitting smoking Appreciation Thread

124»

Comments

• user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Day four :D Think I'm actually gonna do this! Cannot believe that I have gotten this far and not a single slip. Normally by this stage I'd be fighting myself off buying a second ten pack too.
    Soon it'll be a week! :D Have you given up before? I did for six months and then stupidly I had one, just to see what it felt like. A few days later I had another one. It carried on until I bought just one packet of cigs, telling myself that I'd go off them again the next day. As if. Within two weeks I was back to being a regular smoker :( This time I know it has to be for good.
  • nessyfencernessyfencer Posts: 9,195
    Forum Member
    Soon it'll be a week! :D Have you given up before? I did for six months and then stupidly I had one, just to see what it felt like. A few days later I had another one. It carried on until I bought just one packet of cigs, telling myself that I'd go off them again the next day. As if. Within two weeks I was back to being a regular smoker :( This time I know it has to be for good.
    Yeah, stopped years ago for around 1 year. Stupidly started when out on a night out again.

Ah well... live and learn.
    Forum Member
    Another successful day for me :)

How is everyone else getting on? Day 5 now...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well done, 5 days it fantastic, may the next 5 be even easiler for you :)
  • cosmocosmo Posts: 26,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well done.
  • MirageMirage Posts: 39,247
    Forum Member
    Sorry to bump this, but how are you all doing?

I am on day 15 of the Champix course and still finding alternatives to do. I had 2.5 cigs on Wednesday (day 13), none yesterday and none today and not intending to. My hubby and I decided to give up at the same time and we attend the smoking clinic every week. I was a bit worried that we would both be so grumpy, that we would argue constantly, but so far, not happened at all. :)

Although I am not climbing the walls to smoke, will I ever stop thinking about them? It doesn't seem to matter what I am doing, the thought is there.

On a positive note, I rarely ever ate breakfast and just went for coffee and a ciggy in the morning. Now I am eating a banana and then half an hour later, weetabix, orange juice and coffee.I snack on grapes now, as my biscuit munching was getting bad and a yoghurt in the afternoon. Any more tips that are not huge in calories? I have a wedding to go to in June (my eldest daughter) and don't want to be the size of a house.

Obviously now the nice weather is here, we can go for walks along the beach, but I just need some tips for evenings and times when I am sat at my computer. :)
  • len112len112 Posts: 4,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm on day 59 now , I think I will be keeping track of the days for at least the next year , or until I get hit by a bus . Electric cigs are the way to go !
    Forum Member
    Coming up for 10 weeks now :)
  • MirageMirage Posts: 39,247
    Forum Member
    Well done to both of you. It gives me hope that I can do this. :)

I feel a lot more positive this time around and really believe I can quit for good this time around. It's only day 3 smoke free, but hubby and I are getting there. :)
  • yorkiegalyorkiegal Posts: 18,929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    7 days without smoking for me!

I'm using an inhalator and today has been pretty stressful so it's rarely been out of my mouth. A couple of times I really wanted to buy cigarettes but managed not to and am really chuffed I didn't. I have a bit of a cough today so I'm guessing that's all the gunk starting to come out now.
    Forum Member
    yorkiegal wrote: »

I'm using an inhalator and today has been pretty stressful so it's rarely been out of my mouth. A couple of times I really wanted to buy cigarettes but managed not to and am really chuffed I didn't. I have a bit of a cough today so I'm guessing that's all the gunk starting to come out now.
    Well done. Keep it up :)
  • user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yorkiegal wrote: »

Excellent news! The cough is normal but should go away. I found that after a week or two I had a terrible sore throat but that went away as well. The worst temptation is after a month or two. The physical things have passed but your initial motivation gets tested and your mind plays tricks on you as it gets psychological. You think it's ok to have one cigarette but it's not! That one tester has always been my down fall in the past. That and having a drink. Alcohol and nicotine go hand in hand. Do you drink?
    Forum Member
    Woohoo - I made it over a year now :)

How is everyone else getting on?