Options

Graduation

13»

Comments

• Options
    GiraffeGirlGiraffeGirl Posts: 13,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My first in 2008 was okay. Nice for my parents and as a family as we'd had a pretty rubbish few months as I'd completed the degree so nice to celebrate something.

My second was a joke really and felt very rushed and token. Nice in that I had many more friends from that course, 1 of whom I now work with, and she lives with another one of them so we stay in contact.

I'm due to graduate again in March 2012 but I'm doubtful whether I'll both going. I get the results for this in September so it's a long old wait anyway, and to be honest, I'm not sure I want to set foot on the uni campus again. Maybe if it was part of the uni's main graduation ceremonies at the local cathedral, I'd consider it, but I've already had one graduation at this uni and it was soulless.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Psychosis wrote: »
    This is a surprise to me. How many people actually got their certificate? I thought it was just a ceremony and everybody got their certificate in the post. Was that just Staffs? :o

We could choose to either go to the ceremony and be handed our degree certificate as we left the stage, or tell uni in advance that we wouldn't be attending and then it'd be posted to us. I only know one person who chose to not go though, I think in the end it's a nice event to have memories of. I was announced as having won a prize as well, but I didn't get a certificate or anything for that on the day - I'm still wondering what they've done with it! :p