advice for upgrade

REDBUSREDBUS Posts: 2,315
Forum Member
✭✭✭
xl tv package and free local calls at weekend/evining's that they hardly use > £42 -£44 a month for my cousin's package ,they want second standered box ,(not V+) for bedroom,quoted £49 instalation and extra £10 on bill.

they dont know anyone local with same package and i said i'd ask here if it worth haggling as it's out of budget for £10 a month for second standered box ,thank you in advance for all replies/advice.

their introduction year is over ,they are no longer in contract

Comments

• joshua_welbyjoshua_welby Posts: 9,016
    Forum Member
    REDBUS wrote: »
    xl tv package and free local calls at weekend/evining's that they hardly use > £42 -£44 a month for my cousin's package ,they want second standered box ,(not V+) for bedroom,quoted £49 instalation and extra £10 on bill.

they dont know anyone local with same package and i said i'd ask here if it worth haggling as it's out of budget for £10 a month for second standered box ,thank you in advance for all replies/advice.

their introduction year is over ,they are no longer in contract

To have another box fitted the costs would be the following

£49 Install like you say plus the following if you do not have the Premier or the VIP Collection

A V HD non-recordable box is another £6.50 a month on top of your package, this box is just like the V boxes but with the HD channels added,
    not much use now that the TiVo has launched
    A TiVo Recordable box would cost another £11.50 a month, this is the only Recordable box they do now
    http://store.virginmedia.com/digital-tv/set-top-boxes/multiroom.html
  • REDBUSREDBUS Posts: 2,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To have another box fitted the costs would be the following

£49 Install like you say plus the following if you do not have the Premier or the VIP Collection

A V HD non-recordable box is another £6.50 a month on top of your package, this box is just like the V boxes but with the HD channels added,
    not much use now that the TiVo has launched
    A TiVo Recordable box would cost another £11.50 a month, this is the only Recordable box they do now
    http://store.virginmedia.com/digital-tv/set-top-boxes/multiroom.html

Thank you ,very much appreciated