"Cannot connect to camera" error on Orange San Diego

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
Forum Member
So, welcome to my latest travails with my OSD. I've had this one for about 8 weeks or so, about 8 months into contract, and this is my third OSD.

I've used camera a fair bit today, and didn't really think anything of it....until this evening I tried to use Instagram, which loaded, but then gave "CAnnot connect to camera" error when I tried to upload a new picture from Social Gallery.

I tried the camera app itself - it still worked, for a bit, then the next time I tried it I got that same error message.

Same error message occurs when you try any app involving camera use.

I've baked it up, deleted all data from SD card, camera cache, and instagram cache. No luck. I've tried restarts, no joy. I've now switched it off for about half an hour and see if that does anything. The battery is fixed, so can't do anything with that.

I have my orange cover, so if no easy fix comes to mind I can get it replaced. One wonders, after three duff ones (battery, power button, now camera) I should say "Look guys, the OSD is obviously a lemon, the nearest equivalent spec is the Razr I, chuck that at me instead!"

Hopefully it will start working again, the little info I can find online suggests software issues. Please don't suggest anything that involves rooting or techie faffing, I wouldn't have a clue where to start! But any other ideas appreciated!