Pedigree Dogs Exposed

Dixie78Dixie78 Posts: 64
Forum Member
Is anybody watching this? That poor boxer having an epileptic fit brought tears to my eyes

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dixie, I was just the same. I cannot watch this show. That poor, poor animal.
  • XassyXassy Posts: 9,365
    Forum Member
    It is extremely tear jerking. However, it is horribly biased against the KC. I did a lot of research and got my KC-reg puppy a few weeks ago. You're playing safer with a KC registered dog than a non-registered one. KC pups are health tested.
  • daisybelle2008daisybelle2008 Posts: 1,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The little Cavalier that had to be put down was just awful.....why do people do this...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dixie78 wrote: »
    Is anybody watching this? That poor boxer having an epileptic fit brought tears to my eyes

me too...
  • daisybelle2008daisybelle2008 Posts: 1,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Xassy wrote: »
    It is extremely tear jerking. However, it is horribly biased against the KC. I did a lot of research and got my KC-reg puppy a few weeks ago. You're playing safer with a KC registered dog than a non-registered one. KC pups are health tested.

But why a Pedigree at all, when so many healthy rescue dogs badly need homes ?
  • Dixie78Dixie78 Posts: 64
    Forum Member

hmmm, they seem to be trying compare the Kennel Club to Adolf Hitler now!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    These shows are always so incredibly one-sided.
    Forum Member
    dear god it gets worse, posh woman complaining that a vet won't put down a rhodesian ridgeback because it was born with out a ridge
  • †¤AzumiMiyako¤††¤AzumiMiyako¤† Posts: 3,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My dog is KC registered.

This show is horrible.
  • XassyXassy Posts: 9,365
    Forum Member
    But why a Pedigree at all, when so many healthy rescue dogs badly need homes ?

It all comes down to personal reasons; you don't know what you're going to 'get', they often have been very abused and have serious behaviour problems, they often have health problems and if they have a pre-existing condition, pet insurance coverage is a NIGHTMARE.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vivadiva wrote: »
    Dixie, I was just the same. I cannot watch this show. That poor, poor animal.

Its heartbreaking i know but they need to raise awareness to these pigs who call themselves animal lovers !!!

All for the sake of vanity and showing - i was astounded at how much their appearances have changed over the years :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If the KC do do that, or have done that, its not biased, all of those responsible if it were up to me would be arrested and left to rot to death in a cage :)

Watching this makes me feel ashamed to call myself a human, what a selfish ignorant race of animal we really are, maybe humanity deserves what is coming to it?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 477
    Forum Member
    It may be one-sided, but the reality is that inbreeding to this extent inevitaby causes problems. We had pedigree dogs when I was a child, and loads of them had temperament problems, we had one who was literally 'mad', who we later found out had been breed from a sibliing match. These people are supposed to love animals, but they would rather put them down or risk illness. I'd always have a mongrel or moggy (have got one of the latter, and she's a lovely cat). I agree that rescue dogs and cats can be difficult (tho very rewarding if you persevere) but there are plenty of mongrel and moggy puppies about.
    Forum Member
    Statement from the KC, defending themselves oves the programme.

http://www.thekennelclub.org.uk/item/1976/23/5/3
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hmmm, they seem to be trying compare the Kennel Club to Adolf Hitler now!!

No, but just showing how Eugenics has been used by evil, and is still being used for evil/selfishness. The whole idea is ignorant. The KC might not be on the same level as Hitler, but its the same principle of ignorance.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loulaa wrote: »
    Its heartbreaking i know but they need to raise awareness to these pigs who call themselves animal lovers !!!

All for the sake of vanity and showing - i was astounded at how much their appearances have changed over the years :eek:

Here here, I agree, but do not call them pigs, pigs would never do the filth that they do. Pigs are nice animals.
  • snowy ghostsnowy ghost Posts: 40,083
    Forum Member
    poor dogs and horrible people
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Statement from the KC, defending themselves oves the programme.

http://www.thekennelclub.org.uk/item/1976/23/5/3

i *know* the bbc have been over this with a fine legal toothcomb. the fact that they're considering dropping broadcasting crufts is a pretty big statement...

besides, i don't have a lot of sympathy for anyone who advocates culling healthy animals or breeding between mother and son/father and daughter.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That poor Pug doggy :(
  • d0lphind0lphin Posts: 25,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't watched, just seeing an advert for the show was sad enough.

My mum has a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel and although she had heard that they can be prone to heart problems she didn't know why.

I am also really shocked about their brains being too large for their skulls, it's sickening. :(

Also in answer to the question about why people buy a pedigree dog - for me personally (we have a lhasa apso) it was because I am allergic to most animals and lhasas are suitable for people with allergies.

Otherwise I would definitely have had a rescued dog.
    Forum Member
    this brilliant woman Carol more power to her
    Forum Member
    what a bunch of ignorant cruel nasty breeders
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's interesting to see how these dogs have changed over of the years because of the way people have bred them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what a bunch of ignorant cruel nasty breeders

Yes ignorant is the key word. They are blinded by their desire to be better than the next breeder, its all about the ego.

I work with dogs as my job, every day I see dogs that are having obvious problems because of their breed. One the other day for example had red raw ears because its legs were so short that its ears dragged on the ground, it is a Basset hound. The examples go on and on.

Its all for vanity, its the same reason why I hate people who butcher their dogs tail.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    I don't have a dog but this show is shocking. I had no idea that people were breeding animals via sibling and parent/offspring. According to the show when you buy one of these dogs you get a pedigree that lists the parents, grand-parents, great-grand parents etc. I am surprised that a normal person wouldn't be put off when they see lines of in-breeding.